rear brake seized??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear brake seized??
my passanger side rear brake drum is sticking when i relase handbrake the car will not move (roll) untill i put it in gear n pull off then the back end dips a couple of inch i get a clonk noise pretty loud then the car will move n the brake is relassed and drives fine only happens when i apply the handbrake any ideas ???
Thanks given by:
sounds like the handbrake lever arm is getting stuck inside the drum, strip it down and un seize it with some wd40. get someone to work the handbrake whilst you've got hold of the shoes with a screwdriver either side Smile
Thanks given by:
cheers dude is it failry straight forward as not done it before n dont wanna f*ck it lol
Thanks given by:
Piece of cake dude. Whilst your car is on the floor, take the centee cap off your wheel and slacking off the hub nut (30 or 32mm), jack your car up and take the wheel off, bang the sh*t out of your drum to loosen the brake dust and knock it at the side whilst pulling it and it should slide off. Follow the handbrake cable to the lever arm behind one of the shoes and free the joint off with some WD40 (becareful the piston for the cylinder doesnt pop out if someone is pushing the brake pedal, hold the shoes with 2 screwdrivers). Once its free, youll need to adjust them. Your easier looking for a guide on youtube than me explain :p once thats done, refit Big Grin

Meant to say *if someone is working the handbrake
Thanks given by:
sound dude sounds pretty straight forward but will look for a guide at least sum pics to help me out lol cheers for the help dude
Thanks given by:
Yeahh just do abit of research before you jump into it. No problem Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 6,785 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Uneven brake drag on rear wheels balkan_bozo 2 2,049 21-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: balkan_bozo
  Rear brake compensator leaking Ben 4 2,936 24-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Ben