Changing droplinks questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing droplinks questions
2 quick questions...

-is there a certain way round to fir the new links? can they be put on upside down for example?
-do the nuts need tigthening with the car on the ground?

thanks in advance
2000 2.0 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
just make sure you put them on the way they come off, tighten them up with the car in the air wheel on job done
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Mine were a pain in the arse to get off, attempted to undo the nut and they just spin the ball joint, had to get the disc cutter out in the end, same thing with tightening up the new ones, used a pry bar to apply pressure to the ball joint while tightening the nut with a ratchet did the trick
Thanks given by:
I just pulled the arb down by hand n slotted in
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i know they are a pig to get off so i'm prepared for that. just wondered if they need to be tightened with car on ground. thanks guys
2000 2.0 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
If you got a buzz gun makes it a lot easier
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Does it? I tend to find that just spins the ball inside the link...and cooks the grease in there making an awful smell lol.

I'll always get the droplinks with the spanner bit on the back in future.....it's the only sure fire way I've found of getting them off except a hacksaw lol.
Thanks given by:
Rip drop link out, mole grips on ball, un do nut.

New ones just use an allen key / torx in the center with a spanner like your meant to, altho i find a little suspention load and it wont spin anyway
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Never failed with my neighbours snap on impact buzz gun, even reused a set
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I removed droplink, put wheel on then dropped the car off the jack so the shock lines up with the chassis otherwise theres no way the new droplinks going on (due to lows?)?? Hooked the droplink on full lock then full locked it each way to put the nuts on, jacked the car up a little for access (again maybe due to lows).

The bottom thread on the droplink that goes into the shock should face the rear of the car. Fairly easy to do, but if the old ones are seized on the nut will just spin with the bolt... bit awkward due to access... molegrips ftw

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Yeh I normally try buzz gun first, got a snap on one which often works, but still makes the buggers spin sometimes Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
If you've got new ones anyway, just set the buzz gun to tighten them until they snap.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2013, 08:32 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: If you've got new ones anyway, just set the buzz gun to tighten them until they snap.

Lolz, done this a few times!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rose jointed droplinks Hdi and proud of it 18 4,042 23-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Gti6 droplinks procta 12 1,729 15-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Jiffy
  New rose joints for droplinks MCH 5 3,390 05-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Last Post: MCH