Mot engine conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mot engine conversion
So looking at converting the hdi to a d turbo how does it work with mot?? Do they mot it as normal or do they be funny about it being converted?? As the hdi mot runs out in July was gonna mot it then do the conversion but getting bored so might start taking it to bits now ready for the swap

Any help welcome thanks in advance

Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 04:24 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: So looking at converting the hdi to a d turbo how does it work with mot?? Do they mot it as normal or do they be funny about it being converted?? As the hdi mot runs out in July was gonna mot it then do the conversion but getting bored so might start taking it to bits now ready for the swap

Any help welcome thanks in advance
They will MOT it as normal, or did when I MOT'd my 5 door saxo with a VTS lump in it
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Mine was MOT'd as normal.
Thanks given by:
Makes no odds to MOT.

Logbook / insurance should be changed however.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 05:07 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Makes no odds to MOT.

Logbook / insurance should be changed however.

That's ok then might get ripping it to bits soon then, what do I do with log book?

Thanks given by:
Have to declare the engine swap then they send the logbook back with the correct details, you will also have to re tax the car as it will be a higher tax band
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 05:40 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Have to declare the engine swap then they send the logbook back with the correct details, you will also have to re tax the car as it will be a higher tax band

Tax band is the same as the car is a 1999/2000 I think so tax is the same, as long as it goes though the mot ok with the engine swap every thing else is easy to sort

Thanks given by:
Main differences between hdi and d turbo? Obviously apart from one being a 1.9 and one a 2.0
Thanks given by:
Search!

So is it just the log book that needs changing for an engine swap then? Thought it needed inspections from VOSA and similarly daft shit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 06:34 PM)Poodle Wrote: Search!

So is it just the log book that needs changing for an engine swap then? Thought it needed inspections from VOSA and similarly daft shit.

you might need an engineers report for your insurance company to say it been done right!
Thanks given by:
Just logbook and insurance, but DVLA will demand an inspection sometimes dependant on swap, and insurance will almost certainly demand an inspection, I had to for mine, and that was just another pug engine...

Better to keep it legal tho than take the risk IMHO no matter what the hassle.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 08:05 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Just logbook and insurance, but DVLA will demand an inspection sometimes dependant on swap, and insurance will almost certainly demand an inspection, I had to for mine, and that was just another pug engine...

True, but doesn't stop 99% of converted eBay cars "still saying 1.4 on the logbook so cheap insurance"

REALLY grinds my gears
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
haha yeh that really choochs my antler to!!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 08:05 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Just logbook and insurance, but DVLA will demand an inspection sometimes dependant on swap, and insurance will almost certainly demand an inspection, I had to for mine, and that was just another pug engine...

Thanks think I will ring insurance first then before I start ripping in to it hope I don't have to have it inspected tho sounds a right ball ache!

Thanks given by:
Tbh not to bad, for simple engine change pug to pug like that, id imagine they would be fairly happy with just a signiture from local MOT garage to say its fitted to a good standard..

Mine was just a farce due to the ammount of modifications, id have been better converting it to a stock 16v hdi first, changing it legally etc, then "modifying" it after so it was two steps / they werent inspecting the chronic parts!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
I would say that your tax would be on the same level as a 1.9TD due to your emissions going up from the HDi to the XUD. Maybe ok though.

I had my inspection check done by a normal garage where I have my MOT done, and got a letter stating the car was safe, etc.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2013, 08:13 AM)mr_fish Wrote: I would say that your tax would be on the same level as a 1.9TD due to your emissions going up from the HDi to the XUD. Maybe ok though.

I had my inspection check done by a normal garage where I have my MOT done, and got a letter stating the car was safe, etc.

As i said above the tax bracket is the same as it was registered before may 2001. so all cars registered before that over 1.5 they are £120ish for 6 month so tax wouldnt make any difference

Thanks given by:
woops didnt quite read it right. cant believe the prices of tax these days...every year it seems to go up a £1 or so.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What engine number for an engine conversion on the V5? strictly_perv 12 2,305 22-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: strictly_perv