steering wheel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steering wheel
i got a 4 point leather steering wheel i want to put in my car but dont no how to change it can some one explain.....
cheers
Thanks given by:
On the back of the wheel there are two torx bolts you need to undo, this allows you to under the big t50? In the middle, fittings the same as removal x
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Yup, as above, two T30 torx to remove the airbag. (Disconnect battery first as precaustion). Unplug the airbag. Lock the steering wheel in the straight ahead position. Undo the T50 torx in the middle of the wheel.....not all the way, then pull/knock the back of the wheel....if you've undo the bolt all the way you probably have a face full of wheel by now. If you haven't, it should have come part way so just take the bolt off and take the wheel off.

Line up the new wheel central like the old one, then refitting is reverse of removal as Haynes would say.
Thanks given by:
At work when we remove airbags, we disconnect the battery and leave the car for 10 mins to let the cuircuits fully discharge.
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
1. turn the wheel 90 degrees left or right to get to the two bolts behind the wheel that hold the air bag in.
you may have to take off the steering wheel coweling.

2. youll need to disconnect the air bag. whenever you deal with air bags you should disconnect the battery and leave the car for a while. like 20 minutes or something. Then you can unplug the airbag.

3. Make sure the steering wheel is in the middle or youll end up putting the new wheel on wonkey.

4. Undo the middle bolt that holds the wheel on. But dont take it off all the way. Hit the wheel hard on each side and pull it hard towards you. The bolts being done up a bit will stop it smakcing you in the face.

5. Remove that middle bolt, take the wheel off and put the new one on.

Fitting is the reverse of removal!
Thanks given by:
I love how everyone has said "fitting is the same a removal in reverse" it's as though everyone's reading it out of the manual
Thanks given by:
cheers lads gonna give it ago tonight will let u no how i get on cheers lads
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmz2EBBo...BPiPFeRAoA
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steering wheel NaughtonGAA 11 4,882 06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Aftermarket steering wheel 328isport 3 1,659 04-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  phase 1 steering wheel removal Iaitoo 3 1,196 21-11-2015, 05:58 PM