Upcoming headgasket change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming headgasket change
As those of you who have been following my project thread will have seen i recently managed to pop the head gasket on the truck turbo hatch.
due to lack of money recently its just been sat on my drive for the past month but im finally in a position to start the strip down and replacement.

However, I have been thinking about it so much that I am now drawing a complete blank as to what i actually need to buy haha

so far i have:

Oil and coolant
ARP headstuds
Victor Reinz head gasket
Cambelt kit
New radiator (old one played a major role in causing the failure in the first place)

I can't help but feel that i'm missing something though and I really can't think what it is.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 11:03 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: As those of you who have been following my project thread will have seen i recently managed to pop the head gasket on the truck turbo hatch.
due to lack of money recently its just been sat on my drive for the past month but im finally in a position to start the strip down and replacement.

However, I have been thinking about it so much that I am now drawing a complete blank as to what i actually need to buy haha

so far i have:

Oil and coolant
ARP headstuds
Victor Reinz head gasket
Cambelt kit
New radiator (old one played a major role in causing the failure in the first place)

I can't help but feel that i'm missing something though and I really can't think what it is.

Get a head set aswell as a headgasket .

Has all the other gaskets and washers you need Smile

Also get some sort of sealant paste, helps make sure everything is nice and sealed!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
il be taking the head off to check its not warped, but if it survived i think new cam seals and valve seats would be a good idea Smile

you know what seals are included in the head set jake?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 11:11 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: il be taking the head off to check its not warped, but if it survived i think new cam seals and valve seats would be a good idea Smile

you know what seals are included in the head set jake?

Hmm quite a few tbh.. I know there's the gaskets where the Coolant hose meets the block (the bit the thermostat sits in) and all the washers / fire seals for the injectors. & manifold gaskets.

Can't remember what else Sad
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
ah cool, il pick one up Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
It should also have an inlet/exhaust gasket too
Thanks given by:
Whatever you do dont put sealant on any of the head gasket masting surfaces
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Waterpump and a new belt while your at it, glad u managed get a gasket cudnt get hold of my place for a payen think theyve moved n changed number bud
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Assembly lube! I think you have most of it covered there though mate!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MLS headgasket enquiries. 205dtub 14 3,950 18-02-2015, 11:56 PM
Last Post: vinny
  Headgasket failure? AdamInNi 3 1,308 31-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: AdamInNi
  headgasket ? Teddy 6 1,824 23-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin