HDI revs to 2.3k revs only!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI revs to 2.3k revs only!
Hi people...

Ive had an intermittent problem with our family car... Now its a constant problem.

Car will only rev to 2.3k rpm and lacks loads of power getting there.

Ive changed the FPS which has gotten rid of the random cutting out.... Ive also changed the lift pump in the tank which also made no difference.

Prior to fitting all this the AA plugged it in and read glow plug circuit (has a snapped glow plug but starts fine)

The other was some sort of problem along the fuel circuit. Dunno, cant remember.

So what else do I look for now? I left the battery unhooked for a good hour after fitting the lift pump but still reads an EML.

Any ideas people? The misses is rolling round in my Trueno and its costing a fortune lol

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Could be your maf sensor on the airbox. Mine did this when the maf failed. Take it off and inspect the metal contacts inside

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a maf sensor to me... is it down on power too?
Thanks given by:
could be any of the items listed below i sugest getting your codes read before you start throwing money at the wall

REDUCED FUEL FLOW (Limp mode)

This downgraded operating mode limits the fuel flow and the engine speed
cannot exceed 2200 rpm (with the injected fuel flow being less than 30 mm3).
The injection system switches to "reduced flow" mode when a fault is present on
one of the following components:
· high pressure fuel sensor,
· fuel pressure regulator/sensor coherence,
· accelerator pedal sensor N°1,
· accelerator pedal sensor N°2,
· air flowmeter,
· exhaust gas recycling function (regulation),
· high pressure fuel regulator,
· stability of the ECU 5 volt supply,
· diesel injector fault (1 - 4),
Thanks given by:
Yeah its seriously down on power.... Also has a rattle up top, sounds like injector rattle but far worse, you hear it more on idle and throttle let off when its under no load. It did this especially following an oil change I did, I used that engine flush stuff too... Perhaps I shouldnt have?

I remember deffo AA guy flagging up

High Pressure Fuel Sensor
Glow Plug Circuit
Fuel Pressure regulator

Thanks so much for the amazing quick responses so far guys.
Thanks given by:
As above, sounds like its in limp mode. Get the codes checked and cleared - will give you an idea of where to start and possibly cure the issue altogether.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Car isnt insured at the moment... Anyway I can DIY clear codes or read them? Anyone local to Dartford, Ket that can come and do it?

Ta
Thanks given by:
You can do it yourself with an elm327, pp2k or lexia diagnostics kit, can get cheap clones on ebay.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Don't change anything til you get all the codes read on peugeot planet. Could waste a load of money without knowing what the problem is.
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its awkward, parents live in a pretty rural area. If it helps it was cutting out and failed to run when light throttle was applied, it just coughed and cut out. Codes reset by AA and ran after that but only till 2.3k. I dont mind spending little money to save the hassle. Any moe ideas?
Thanks given by:
Living in a rural area doesnt change anything lol, you still need to get the codes read.

I can tell you its probably fuel pressure related, and you can go ahead and spend a grand refurbing your hp system, only for it to turn out to be an unusual immob or ecu issue. Have a look at my guide thread, think the original poster was mooey, should give you plenty to be going on with. Alternatively you can pay me to come over there and diagnose it for you, will be expensive though because of the distance.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Unplug the tps with it running, then turn off the engine. Unplug the battery, go for a cuppa (leave it for an hour), come back and plug in the tps. Then plug in the battery and try again.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I should be going over to Dartford in the next couple of weeks, so might be able to have a look at it for you with peugeot planet if you like.
Thanks given by:
Id get the codes read with PP. It could anything on that list. Can I ask where the FPS is on these a friend of mine is having the random cutting out issue, and i think he's changed pretty much everything apart from that!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't be surprised if the rattle up top you mentioned has something to do with the snapped glow plug mate.

As other's have suggested, get PP on it asap.......
Thanks given by:
FRPS is underneath the fuel rail.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine revs dropping when braking scfc_151 9 2,615 24-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Ruan
Question EML, high idle, revs taking time to drop??? highwayman306 13 2,903 07-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Last Post: highwayman306
  revs dropping. like misfire. kris_taylor1988 18 2,799 01-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005