First time being pulled over...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time being pulled over...
As a qualified IAM driver, the IAM advice for being pulled over is as follows:

Keep your hands on the wheel
Only do what the officer asks you to do, anything else could be interpreted as reaching for a weapon
You have the right to deny a vehicle search
Always be polite to the officer
Ignore any question that you do not want to answer
Never use the phrase "I know my rights"

The above is strictly tongue in cheek Big Grin Considering a lot of it is common sense.
Thanks given by:
^^^ mate thats stupid and incorrect. You dont have a choice if the police decide they are going to search your vehicle and if you get in the way or try to stop them then it would be considered obstruction which is an offence that you can be arrested for.

Also some questions a police officer asks you have to answer weather you want to or not and failing to do,so could again see you arrested.

Carl well done on lasting 4 years without getting pulled over. Im not sure I even lasted 4 hours after passing my test.
Thanks given by:
I do believe if you're on private property if they want to search you're car do they not need a warrant ??
Thanks given by:
Depends what they are searching for and what power they are using. There is situations where you could be searched on private property without needing a warrant.

Wouldn't worry about being searched. As the law abiding citizens you all are you shouldn't have to worry as they cant find what you dont have and tbh a copper wont gonna do something like illegally search someone with how quick they are to boot them out of their jobs these days.
Thanks given by:
I've been pulled way too many times, all for "well it's a modified car something on it must be illegal"
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 08:06 PM)306Dan Wrote: I've been pulled way too many times, all for "well it's a modified car something on it must be illegal"
Do they actually tell you that or do you just assume that?
Thanks given by:
I have a close friend in my local station and that's what he says, the officers that pulled me always say routine checks, but hey 10.30-11pm each time on a Friday aswell maybe I just attract coppers
Thanks given by:
First time I got pulled was for being parked in traffic and answered my phone, said 'Driving can't speak' the cop clocked me... followed me for 2 miles then gave me 3 points and a £60 fine.

Second time was for driving like a lady garden

Third time was because somebody reported my car in a hit'n'run, when I was nowhere near where it happened

Fourth time was for coaling, asked why my car was smoking 'Turbos on its way out' then had a chat about the cars he's owned etc lol
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
I out ran a panda car with out even noticing in the mi16 clocking 90 in 50s and wasn't till 1mile through town they caught up. Was a very lucky man , the copper just asked about the car and said keep it for the track. If you show respect to them and are polite they do the same to you.
Thanks given by:
Wasn't the case for me, I got caught doing 80 in a 50. All back roads, ended up with 6 points and a 200 quid fine Sad the copper was a total prick tho
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temporary car insurance and being pulled over rtha6551 6 1,689 21-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Last Post: rtha6551
  pulled lol Rix13 38 6,633 20-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Last Post: procta
  Hammer time ... no wait MOT time, err same thing! Megamonkey 13 13,499 19-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Megamonkey