Mini engine change meet, May bank holiday.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini engine change meet, May bank holiday.
(05-05-2013, 09:24 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: You can see the kind of glazed over look in his eyes.. that's when you know you've lost him
You wanna see my man cave, even though i know whats in there i still glaze very slightly and get distracted by shinys (or massively destructive tools)
Thanks given by:
You should have been there this weekend Dum, so many hammers used. And coal everywhere!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2013, 09:32 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: You should have been there this weekend Dum, so many hammers used. And coal everywhere!

i so wish i was and had had the £100 to come without Vaughn and fooby but sadly i didn't.

I've got an awesome selection of hammers now including one thats a 7lb half sledge hammer half axe hybrid. Weapon of choice if the zombie apocalypse ever comes.
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2013, 09:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: Sure, people putting their names down and not turning up has always happened, and as Curt says; this isn't meant to be aimed at any one person. I'm just concerned the forums rep is going to take a hit this summer, all because a lot of the core team don't seem bothered about making an appearance at meets when they've said they will.

What happens when a meet is organised and all that turn up is three noobs who have never met each other before? It's got to be a fairly good bet they'd lose a lot of faith in the club and probably go away thinking it's not worth it.

You guys know this community is important to me and i'm not just trying to cause arguments. Maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion, but i'm making an issue of this because i think it's a genuine problem.

I think your not realising though that most people dont turn up not because they cant be bothered but because of money issues. Its alright for you. It costs you about £1.20 to drive the entire length of the country. Even when i turn up to meets in the work car i get moaned at because im not in the 6. Turning up to meets is a luxury and ive been saving money for the two busiest shows of the year this year for us so i can make it to them but that also means ive got less money a month to go to smaller meets. I know im not the only person to be doing this! Its just petty really, people whining because other people have good reason not to show up. And granted you do get the odd one or two who dont turn up because they cant be arsed but i dont think you will find thats any of the main members on here.

/Rant over

Im assuming the engine isnt going in the car this weekend Jonny seeing as youve spent it making epic win pipes? lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 11:21 AM)Niall Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 09:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: Sure, people putting their names down and not turning up has always happened, and as Curt says; this isn't meant to be aimed at any one person. I'm just concerned the forums rep is going to take a hit this summer, all because a lot of the core team don't seem bothered about making an appearance at meets when they've said they will.

What happens when a meet is organised and all that turn up is three noobs who have never met each other before? It's got to be a fairly good bet they'd lose a lot of faith in the club and probably go away thinking it's not worth it.

You guys know this community is important to me and i'm not just trying to cause arguments. Maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion, but i'm making an issue of this because i think it's a genuine problem.

I think your not realising though that most people dont turn up not because they cant be bothered but because of money issues. Its alright for you. It costs you about £1.20 to drive the entire length of the country. Even when i turn up to meets in the work car i get moaned at because im not in the 6. Turning up to meets is a luxury and ive been saving money for the two busiest shows of the year this year for us so i can make it to them but that also means ive got less money a month to go to smaller meets. I know im not the only person to be doing this! Its just petty really, people whining because other people have good reason not to show up. And granted you do get the odd one or two who dont turn up because they cant be arsed but i dont think you will find thats any of the main members on here.

/Rant over

Im assuming the engine isnt going in the car this weekend Jonny seeing as youve spent it making epic win pipes? lol

The engine is in now
Thanks given by:
I helped. Well, i got the old one out and stripped bits off it, then i got distracted haha. Left last night and there wasnt muchthey still needed to do tbh.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 11:21 AM)Niall Wrote:

/Rant over

There's 2 sides to every argument, so there's always going to be different ways of looking at it.

Obviously there are people that can't afford it, I'm the same a lot of the time, in which case I'll say "might be up for it or "probably". I won't put my name on the list.

Yes, there always has been and always will be more names than people turning up. My problem is, it doesn't take much to say (like you did in the Pugrun thread), "sorry guys, can't make it". That's all it needs, just a bit of courtesy from people.

Like Jimmy said on Saturday, if me and Poodle hadn't have gone, he would have been sitting in a carpark for over an hour waiting for no-one to turn up.

If I'm not sure, I won't put my name down. If something comes up, I'd say. That's all I'm saying.

Everyone was looking forward to summer rolling round to get some meets on the go in the sunshine... and none of the regulars are really making any effort!

That's my 2p.
Thanks given by:
Niall, i'm not having a go at anyone here mate, honestly. And i'm not saying it's because people can't be bothered, BUT just that's how it looks. Still love you babes! Makeup

I think Curt's covered it rather nicely there, better than i could at any rate lol. I've said my piece, i'll shut up now. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Curt too right. It doesn't take much to say no sorry I can't come. I was planning on doing both pug run and PPC this month but considering I was paid £700 short this month, I needed to prioritise and social things are the first to go. I'm sure other people do have similar issues.

Btw pretty gutted I couldn't do pug run. A drive through the forest with weather like this would of been epic.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I dunno why you getting involed anyway niall no one misses you if you dont turn up Tongue hehr

/mysensibleinput

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Haha, just caught up on this thread.

I should probably defend myself.....

But that air compressor was pretty cool
Thanks given by:
This picture has significance...

I've been for a drive! Big Grin

But the battery is dead. Bump started it and went for a 5 minute drive, got back and turned it off, then immediately attempted to start it, nothing. So I'll charge my spare and try again tomorrow.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Hmm. You sure your double aux tensioner setup is on right..?
Thanks given by:
the battery works for me... stop breaking things
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2013, 09:23 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 09:22 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 09:07 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I would have, but Carl and Chris weren't holding it enough.

It's not my fault Carl got distracted by shiny things. Again.

I wish we'd videoed him with that air compressor, he was like a child!

This reminds me of a video from the euro trip lol

http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/rocker...6.mp4.html
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 05:55 PM)rocker8742 Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 09:23 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 09:22 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: It's not my fault Carl got distracted by shiny things. Again.

I wish we'd videoed him with that air compressor, he was like a child!

This reminds me of a video from the euro trip lol

http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/rocker...6.mp4.html

Standard Carl there lmao
Thanks given by:
You bastard hahhaha
Thanks given by:
Haha had to come out eventually carl Tongue
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, speaking of 'coming out,' when are you going to come out of your 'special' closet and reveal the truth to everyone.....
Thanks given by:
Aha never Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 07:12 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Oh yeah, speaking of 'coming out,' when are you going to come out of your 'special' closet and reveal the truth to everyone.....

At least he can make the decision. You can't concentrate long enough to even remember what decision needs to be made lmao
Thanks given by:
I was half way through a sentence then with a very clever comeback, but got distracted Sad
Thanks given by:
[Image: what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SW mini meet 5th jan cully 74 12,614 05-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: daniel909
  Engine change and BBQ May Bank holiday weekend. Ben Jay 13 3,055 23-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Mini portsmouth meet; Saturday 13th April Pompey306mark 73 21,605 13-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo