April 2014. Nurburgring

Poll: Date preference: please only vote if you're GOING
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
18th-21st April (Easter weekend...Sad )
0%
0 0%
1st - 4th May
71.43%
5 71.43%
28th - 30th May
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 2014. Nurburgring
Really really intrigued with this now. Gonnar start saving and see where im at in a few months. Also looking into buying a better car atm so will hopefully have one by the time this comes around. Will also try and drag LeSteve along if hes not wrapped up in Masters Exams in April.
French Wench
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 07:23 PM)LadySteve Wrote: Really really intrigued with this now. Gonnar start saving and see where im at in a few months. Also looking into buying a better car atm so will hopefully have one by the time this comes around. Will also try and drag LeSteve along if hes not wrapped up in Masters Exams in April.

as long as its not an MG its probably gonna be alright Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'd like to say at this point that everyone needs to ensure their car is in full working order and not bodged in any way. If you don't trust it to make it, don't go. Simple as that. It gets expensive if you break down out there!

/potkettleblack lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 07:26 PM)vlj Wrote: as long as its not an MG its probably gonna be alright Big Grin

Rofl Aha I would rather be the driver on this so probs wouldnt be the MG Tongue, and Im not planning on buying an MG myself Smile
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Are we the camping over a few nites at the ring so can get some quality track time.

Im putting away £15 a week from the start of next week so have plenty to spunk on the car before we go Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Hmmmm second hookers are mentioned more members wanna come.........
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 07:36 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I'd like to say at this point that everyone needs to ensure their car is in full working order and not bodged in any way. If you don't trust it to make it, don't go. Simple as that. It gets expensive if you break down out there!

/potkettleblack lol

I'm going to add that people should do some reviewing of German traffic laws, they're somewhat stricter than they are over here, minimum tyre tread depth for example.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(24-07-2013, 06:45 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(23-07-2013, 07:36 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I'd like to say at this point that everyone needs to ensure their car is in full working order and not bodged in any way. If you don't trust it to make it, don't go. Simple as that. It gets expensive if you break down out there!

/potkettleblack lol

I'm going to add that people should do some reviewing of German traffic laws, they're somewhat stricter than they are over here, minimum tyre tread depth for example.

And they have many many speed cameras that you should not drive through LOL'ing at because you never hear anything....

Thanks given by:
Jonny did anyone ever get a ticket from the camera near out camp site at nurburgring?
Thanks given by:
I didn't, it could of been a car on the other side of the road? Was 100% sure it got one of us though
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
I didn't was a bit disappointed lol
Thanks given by:
It was one of about 6 I managed to set off, right in my face. You won't hear anything, it's not worth their time.

Thanks given by:
Ahh fair enough then but of a let down lol
Thanks given by:
Germany and Belgium don't seem to send out speeding tickets to foreign plates I have noticed.

What route is planned to get to the ring?

Something like this: http://goo.gl/maps/vq8yl
Thanks given by:
Shocked 
I'd like to do this so put me down as a defiantly maybe
Thanks given by:
After Pugfest and this weekend (FCS) I'm certain I want to come. First step is getting a passport though
Thanks given by:
(26-07-2013, 08:26 PM)vento85 Wrote: Germany and Belgium don't seem to send out speeding tickets to foreign plates I have noticed.

What route is planned to get to the ring?

Something like this: http://goo.gl/maps/vq8yl

Was pretty much that yes. If you look through meets section for the 2013 ring trip I think page 6 there was a full map of what was the planned route for mini euro trip but as expected afew (alot) of detours along the way thanks to some idiot (me) not being able to read a map lol
Thanks given by:
1 Jonny
2. Tom - already have credit card
3. Dum-Dum (as a maybe, probably about 40% chance of attending)
4. Martyn
5. vaughan
6. Fooby - In the 6 /applies for credit card. (hi2u Tom)
7. Matt. No matter what ill be there, started saving already
8. Niall
9. Rich306
10. milkman. be f*cking rude not to go again
11. Poodle + Hugo

I'm interested, but like everyone else, it would have to be definite closer to the time! Money is a big factor, especially if it cost £900 for a Gti lol!!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Don't forget Rocker was on his own and we drove all the way to Monaco. So if its just the ring trip it would be much less and if you have a passenger then even better!

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
I see Smile well we shall see closer to the time!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Camping: (£15pppn) £45 Ferry tickets: £100 Fuel: £180 diesel, £300 petrol (Assuming ~1,500 miles @ average 50derv/30perv mpg; (miles/mpg)*6.13=£XXX) Laps: 4 laps for £85 Food and drink: £20pp/day = £80 Travel insurance: £20 Random spending: £100

Total cost shouldn't be much more than £700 each.

Costing based on current exchange rate and official listed prices, assuming one person and one car on a four day trip, out monday, back thursday, dover-dunkirke.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ferry was only 50 each way when we went and iirc martyn was the only one that bothered with recovery

Travel insurance was ~15
Thanks given by:
I need a passenger for this... I'm going Afghan the month after so need one good final blast...
Thanks given by:
I have looked at prices, figured i'd leave room for some inflation and possibly a different route back. As said, it's a list based on worst-case scenario figures, as that way there's no nasty surprises. Smile

Yeah, and last year 1/4 cars that went ended up costing the owner big money to get it back here, i'm budgetting for recovery! lol

Does that £15 include the cost of adding another driver to the insurance? If so thats awesomely cheap, was expecting it to cost more then the recovery tbh.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle I looked into AA and to get decent cover was about £80
Thanks given by:
Really? Shit that is a lot lol, may have to eat my words...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No it didn't poodle and i think i had a quote for recovery that was about £75 from rac
Thanks given by:
Its funny how they do it and there's a million options with it but essentially to make sure I could get home was about £80. Could get basic breakdown for less but IMO between 10 of us wed fix any basic breakdown.
Thanks given by:
So would it still be do-able with just one person in a car and not too expensive. Im guessing the £800 mark would be each with 2 people in a car right? So if i did it alone it would cost me double maybes?
Just trying to work it out as Steve might be Busy with his Masters exams and shit around that time so might not be able to come with me, and if I cant find someone else to share the costs with me, I still would maybe wanna go!
French Wench
Thanks given by:
It shouldn't cost that much, poodle was just putting a number up being the worst case scenario. Even when we went all the way to monaco it was over 800 but we had to pay for tolls and extra fuel from the bottom of france to the top. But we only had one/two laps at the ring

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurburgring trip 2018 Frosty 120 58,428 29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,645 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Nurburgring 2016 MY95 66 22,391 29-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Lwilliams