April 2014. Nurburgring

Poll: Date preference: please only vote if you're GOING
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
18th-21st April (Easter weekend...Sad )
0%
0 0%
1st - 4th May
71.43%
5 71.43%
28th - 30th May
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 2014. Nurburgring
Only four votes in, does this mean only four people are coming, dates dependent? Sad
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Me and Cully have sorted our trip... Will meet you there!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Sounds good! Personally i'll be trying to make it there for the wednesday night so i can spend thursday and friday on the 'ring, when it's likely to be quieter.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
OK
so i am confirming now what has just been agreed by Jammapic and myself,
we have organised ourselves as two couples to share accommodation and we are staying for 5 yes Five nights at Lindner Ferienpark Nürburgring
we will not be camping !

but we hope to meet up with anyone else that is travelling to Germany

we are travelling via Euro star across/under the channel

our planned dates and times are

weds 30th April Euro star depart 10:20AM crossing or as close as can be booked
Thurs 1st May Lindner Ferienpark Nürburgring
Fri 2nd may Lindner Ferienpark Nürburgring
Sat 3rd may Lindner Ferienpark Nürburgring
Sun 4th May Lindner Ferienpark Nürburgring
Mon 5th May Eurostar Return 16:30pm crossing or as close as can be booked

If anyone else is interested you are more than welcome to make your own arangments and tag along

our place of stay is
http://www.lindner.de/en/hotel_ferienpar...older_view
Thanks given by:
Looks like 1st-4th May wins it!

Got my holiday confirmed earlier, seems a bit more real all of a sudden. Big Grin

Myself, Jonny, Jimmy and +1s will be camping near to the nurburgring, venue tbc, but we've found a few options. We won't be pre-booking the campsite unless the number of attendees goes up a lot, so at the moment it's just a case of turning up at the chosen site. We'll make a decision on a campsite this weekend and post it up for anyone interested.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So that IS the definite date then? The camp site last year was good but dont remember the name.
Another thing is last year we got off the ferry and drove to the ring and it was quite a long time till we got set up, most of us had been awake 36 hours as we didn't know where to stop/sleep.
Any plans/ideas for that ? Smile
We going ferry or tunnel?
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
just to add to my info
it looks like I have 4 other cars including myself travelling via the Eurostar
7 people
and maybe Jimmyboycheck but haven't had a definite yes from him yet
Thanks given by:
That is the definite date, yes.

The rest of the questions have already been answered in here. Sorry, but i've been repeating stuff endlessly and have got to the point where i'm just telling people to use their f*cking eyes, nothing personal. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
if anyone is planning on using the eurostar i will put up our ticket slots times,
you are more than welcome to tag along even if you camp or stay at a different location,
but as of yet they arnt booked but fingers crossed by the end of the week i should have confirmed crossing times
Thanks given by:
Cully, I'll be booking our EuroTunnel and Ferien Park accomodation either tomorrow if I get time, or Friday failing that.

We've got BarryM in his mapped Fiesta 1.6 TDCi, Me + Ally in the 350z, Cully + Wife in the GTi-6, and Brynllwynog2 + missus in his M135i.

Were staying at the Lindner Ferienpark, in a chalet.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Martyn, if you do want to camp half way down, you're best off staying in France - there's signposted campsites in most of the towns.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I don't see a problem with the drive to be honest, I can do door to door, manchester to the 'ring using the tunnel in 11 hours.

We will just be getting up and getting on with it, getting a beer and an early night in the chalet.
JP
Thanks given by:
I dont mind driving the whole way, its just someone mentioned earlier about it Smile
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 11:33 AM)martyn92 Wrote: I dont mind driving the whole way, its just someone mentioned earlier about it Smile

That's one of The reasons I'm booking a chalet.
A days full driving a good shower and a real bed.
Don't see the need to split the trip and I get an extra day there Smile
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 06:31 PM)jammapic Wrote: Cully, I'll be booking our EuroTunnel and Ferien Park accomodation either tomorrow if I get time, or Friday failing that.

We've got BarryM in his mapped Fiesta 1.6 TDCi, Me + Ally in the 350z, Cully + Wife in the GTi-6, and Brynllwynog2 + missus in his M135i.

Were staying at the Lindner Ferienpark, in a chalet.

JP

I will be joining for the journey down too. Will be camping tho when we get there

Thanks given by:
excellent jimmyboy
Thanks given by:
OK, do you need me to book you ferry etc JimmyBoy - or are you happy to sort yours?
JP
Thanks given by:
just had a message from Jammapic
its suddenly turned to being a real deal Big Grin

Quote:All booked,
staying at Travel Lodge, Eureka Leisure Park, Rutherford Road, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4BN on Tuesday 29th April,
Train out at 10:20am next morning (30th April),
arriving Calais at 11:55am.
Nurburgring Chalet at the Ferienpark now all booked,
address is Parkstrasse 1, 53520 Drees.
return train local time 16:36 from Calais, back in Folkestone for 16:10.
Thanks given by:
Can someone give me the exact details entered for euro star? I dont want to muck this up lol. Also what time would we get to germany as i may have to do first night stay on a comfy bed if late

Thanks given by:
Jimmyboy,

Out on the 10:20am from Folkestone on the Eurotunnel, back on the 16:36 from Calais.

We will be at the 'ring by 5pm, latest - even factoring in a few stops along the way.

I will be drawing up a route plan shortly.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Jimmyboycheck is now booked to travel with us.... maybe I should actually take the 306? :-)

Just an FYI for anyone still umming and arring this, it's not expensive... breakdown below:

Channel tunnel - £150 return, leaving 10:20am on 30th April coming back 5th May at 4:36pm.
Chalet, based on 6 people sharing £113 each for the full 5 nights.

So for £263 you'll get your train and a proper bed, kitchen, living room, shower blah blah for the whole trip.

Our chalet is now totally booked up - but if other people are interested, I'll happily organise another one.

Other people have expressed interest, so we need 4 more people to make another chalet viable.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
As above I didn't think this was too bad for a real bed and a roof.
Just to add though,

Ring laps,
Fuel,
Food,
Travel insurance,
Breakdown cover,

These things are all extra

I am using this as a five day break and won't be tighed to the ring,
I'm taking my wife, so we hope to be exploring the local area too
Thanks given by:
Absolute bargain tbh, barely more expensive than camping, and i mean barely. So where are you staying? Are you getting there by train or boat?

:p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I genuinely thought you were asking that question then you bell end! :-P

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
just a heads up guys to those that are traveling

i have a limited mile insurance policy and this trip will put me over my 4k limit
i have contacted my insurance people and they have extended my policy by 2k free of charge

so check if your running limited policys guys
Thanks given by:
Surely some other people are interested too?!

I can't wait!!!
JP
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 12:44 PM)cully Wrote: I am using this as a five day break and won't be tighed to the ring,
I'm taking my wife, so we hope to be exploring the local area too

Definitely worth a visit Cologne/Köln, it is an hour and a bit to the north and it's lovely, I used to live there.

Got a huge cathedral, plenty of nice bars along the Rhine etc. Smile
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Really want to go but my final semester doesn't finish until after you guys have set off, have a great time
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
looking forward to this now Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Soo jealous Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurburgring trip 2018 Frosty 120 58,458 29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,648 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Nurburgring 2016 MY95 66 22,397 29-01-2016, 02:40 PM