April 2014. Nurburgring

Poll: Date preference: please only vote if you're GOING
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
18th-21st April (Easter weekend...Sad )
0%
0 0%
1st - 4th May
71.43%
5 71.43%
28th - 30th May
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 2014. Nurburgring
(03-08-2013, 11:06 AM)LadySteve Wrote: So would it still be do-able with just one person in a car and not too expensive. Im guessing the £800 mark would be each with 2 people in a car right? So if i did it alone it would cost me double maybes?
Just trying to work it out as Steve might be Busy with his Masters exams and shit around that time so might not be able to come with me, and if I cant find someone else to share the costs with me, I still would maybe wanna go!

Poodles costs are for 2 people in 1 car but alot of the costs aren't alot different for 1 person compared to 2 (i.e ferry, fuel, breakdown and laps)

I'm looking to drive but also need to find a co driver.
Thanks given by:
Ah bugger, my estimation is probably about right on that then lol. Sad

Ally, would guess one person in a petrol (i assume you're not coming over to the dark side?) could easily do it for less than a grand. I should think you could do the whole thing for about £600, but that would mean not having many laps, eating on a budget, not drinking in the evenings, risk it without recovery cover, etc, hardly seems worth doing.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ask tom his cost he was solo for it in the 6 so he would know best
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 01:14 PM)Poodle Wrote: Ah bugger, my estimation is probably about right on that then lol. Sad

Ally, would guess one person in a petrol (i assume you're not coming over to the dark side?) could easily do it for less than a grand. I should think you could do the whole thing for about £600, but that would mean not having many laps, eating on a budget, not drinking in the evenings, risk it without recovery cover, etc, hardly seems worth doing.

Kool. Well all depends on how much I can save up in time (and if I can go). But sounds doable. Im not much of a drinker - I had 2 Caribbean twists and a glass of wine at pugfest and I was gone - and ive been a student past 3 years so im used to eating/drinking on a budget and no way would I risk driving over without recovery just incase lols. and Id want a good amount of laps if i was going all that way haha.
French Wench
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 11:06 AM)LadySteve Wrote: So would it still be do-able with just one person in a car and not too expensive. Im guessing the £800 mark would be each with 2 people in a car right? So if i did it alone it would cost me double maybes?
Just trying to work it out as Steve might be Busy with his Masters exams and shit around that time so might not be able to come with me, and if I cant find someone else to share the costs with me, I still would maybe wanna go!

Sad now, planning epic trips to sick tracks without me Sad

[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Everybody together now:

Aaaaaaawwwwwwww!!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Awwwwwwwww
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 05:56 PM)lolsteve Wrote:

Im not. I mentioned it to you and you said you might be too busy with exams and stufff... You do plenty without me moany
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Popcorn
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 06:41 AM)Poodle Wrote: Everybody together now:

Aaaaaaawwwwwwww!!

(04-08-2013, 08:24 AM)Rich306 Wrote: Awwwwwwwww

(04-08-2013, 09:58 PM)Poodle Wrote: Popcorn

Nob heads lol

Im just jealous I won't be able to make it

Also I just assumed the popcorn thing was ginge
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Wuv woo!! Inlove

It normally is, but for an online domestic i'll make an exception. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's been pointed out that i'm happily budgeting for a ten-day trip when we don't have a clue how long we're going to be there for lol. It's occured to me that staying at the ring for any more than, say, 3-4 days will be pretty pointless, especially considering the vast majority of us will be on a fairly tight budget.

So, would anyone care to give us some input on how long you'd like the trip to be or any other trips/attractions you'd like to hit while we're over there..?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
At least 1 'pass'!
Thanks given by:
I want a late night/early hours blast on some derestricted autobhan.

I was kinda thinking 4 days:

day 1 - drive there, set up camp
day 2 - scratching my ring itch
day 3 - also scratching ring itch. Kinda tempted to go into nurburg and see the castle but would also love to see colditz (sad i know)
day 4 - wake up 3am and go and wound the car on the autobhan on the (probably long) way home.

I would be tempted to go the long way back via either one of the ferrys going danmark to norwich or the south of france/spain to the UK south coast probably depending on when the club camping meet it.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2013, 01:01 PM)Just Sean Wrote: At least 1 'pass'!

Ffs Sean, read the thread and facepalm yourself. Tongue

Will edit the budget later to reflect a 5-day trip.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've got euro maps on my satnav. If you guys are just doing the ring I may be tempted to shoot off and do a pass cos I'm not going all that way not to do something g I've always wanted too!!
Thanks given by:
Aaaahhh, i see, sorry mate, thought you meant a pass onto the nurburgring. lmao

Tbh was talking to Jonny last night and he made the very valid point that trying to include everything different people want to do will be chronically complex and probably mean very few people are happy with the end result, so what's in here will stick to the nurburgring and camping. Basically you can sort yourselves out for anything else, whether it be the alps, a massive euro-road-trip, the autobahns, amsterdam or whatever. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well we went through french alps and im not gonna lie that alone was fap worthy!!
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Amsterdam you say.......
Thanks given by:
13. Callum Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Have updated the costing on the prev page so its set for one person doing a four day round trip just to the nurburgring. As before, it's a pessimistic estimate to ensure i'm not giving anyone false hope. Wink

We'll be looking to get comfirmed numbers and start making plans/bookings in the next few weeks. If you're still definitely interested, do your sums, check your diaries, etc, and put your name down on the confirmed attendees list when you're sure.

1. Jonny
2. Poodle
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You want ADAC cover. It will cover you anywhere in Europe, including the UK, for 70 something euros a year. You get the AA if you call them in the UK as they subcontract. When I went out in my 405 the AA wanted the same money for a week as ADAC wanted for an annual membership.

They are the only recovery company that will recover your car from the ring, otherwise it's ££££. They have a good reputation for repatriating even low value cars. It covers you as driver or passenger in any vehicle, so one wonders if you could get one person membership who could then be a passenger at the time of a call out in any of your cars?
Thanks given by:
1. Jonny
2. Poodle
3. Martyn
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Sorry but Iam lazy!! Ɑnd old!! Was planning on doing this around April with a few others!! A Bathurst s with around 750 hp, a supercharged m3 500+ hp ɑnd my scooby will be 400+ by then! Could all tag along together??
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that Ally, useful to know for future reference.

Go for it Jonny, be a proper laugh. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Count me in:

1. Jonny
2. Poodle
3. Martyn
4. Pipps

But it has to be from 7 April onwards for me.
Thanks given by:
wot sort of money is this trip? Im looking to do a run around hockenheim around pentecost weekend around june time 2014.
Cost us around 40 quid norfolkline to dunkirk, 15 quid camping first night in namure belgium, seconday drove straight into Hock ring, set camp and hit the town and filled up with 102 octane ready for sundays track session then headed home on the monday.

around £200-250 for fuel share and ferry share, rest was just booze and food, camping free around the ring.
Thanks given by:
I was planning on going around july/august but if i can get the 205 ready i might come. Is there a certain date to let you know by?
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
That hockenheim trip sounds pretty cool tbh. Dan there's no cut off as long as you can afford the ferry, which gets more expensive the longer you leave it..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
How does it work with pre-booking slots at the Ring now? Or does that only still apply if you want a £300 lap in the M5 taxi?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurburgring trip 2018 Frosty 120 58,378 29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,632 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Nurburgring 2016 MY95 66 22,389 29-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Lwilliams