another clutch and fmic thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another clutch and fmic thread
Rite my clutch is slipping real bad to the point it is not moving as stage one pretty much all done i.e exhaust, decat, remap then re remap as 1st one f*cked up, air and fuel filter change, egr disconnected via plug (didnt make no diffrence) so basically can anyone help on finding me the best clutch whilst im saving up my pennys for the rite one to get fitted? links pref not just try this one as just saying names mean nothin to me :/ unless anyone has one for sale themself?

also same again bout a fmic whats the best cheapest one and pipes to get?
Thanks given by:
theres couple hdi clutches in the for sale section to suit stage 1

for fmic I think you need a diff elbow off a 406hdi I believe then try and find someone selling a job lot of pipes/connectors....

for the IC...measure up what you want then get on the bay and find a IC from something else...Saab, Mondeo etc...be cheapest option
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Do some research bud, endless amounts of info around on this, start in this and the guide sections.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
As said above theres alot of info on here but theres so many options and opinions thats its spread around quite a bit. Cant really be helped as theres too much to put into a single thread without it being massive.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well found a FMIC in the for sale section I'm intreated in just need to find the hoses to then send to garage to get fitted
Thanks given by:
One of several lists in the guide section detailing all you need:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-40.html
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sachs clutch kit part number 3000950026 on the uk website has 30% off ATM making it just short of £100 what's cheaper then most I've seen but before I go ahead what's people's thoughts on this?
Thanks given by:
That'll be the oem replacement kit, ie arguably no better than a standard valeo.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Didn't midnightclub's hdi have a stage 2 with valeo that didn't slip? According to pipps the supplier for his sachs clutch guaranteed it to 280lb/ft thing and would replace it if it slipped in 12 months
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
So that's a yes or no to the sach?
Thanks given by:
Ask them if they'll guarantee it to 280lbft, that'll do if so.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Doubt sachs will guarantee OEM? They didn't guarantee what my paddle would hold, it might be the suppliers.

But pipps is running stage 2 with no issues I believe

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Yeah, Emmas HDi is on a standard new valeo.. Done about 15k+ with no signs of slippage yet
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
slight confusion, clutch pedal has risen after it made a pong noise and slight judder when raised it and now clutch is not slipping :/
Thanks given by:
Either spring under the pedal or the auto adjusters been caught on something and freed itself

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another clutch thread... Heidi 32 12,391 16-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Heidi