turbo relocation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turbo relocation
Basicaly im just wondering if anyone has done a gearbox mounted turbo on a hdi before , im planin a bigger turbo and as far as I can see theres a bit of fabrication involved no matter wat turbo u go with , also if I did go down the line of relocating it has any one got any idea if the oil feed/pressure to the turbo would be enough .
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Theres a guy who did it relatively recently, black hdi, from ireland maybe? Put a td04 gerbox mounted, he has a thread somewhere

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-10193.ht...rbox+mount
Thanks given by:
Don't do it like that guy did. ^^^

Brynllwwoynotyllgwwlaaaarrggghhhllyywog did it, project thread should still be on .net - unless they've recently deleted another library's worth of useful information. Rolleyes
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thought the one done in N.I was by some chap who builds rally cars

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Mine was on a HDI block
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Done by someone full of shit more like, did you see the angle it was sat at?! Oil flow would be near enough none, backed up by the fact he only made about 50hp when they dyno'd it. Absolute disaster that, pity really, the build had promise otherwise.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You mean that chap that put it together really fast and moaned he couldnt find anyone to map it then gave up before he spoke to a proper mapper...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2013, 02:39 PM)Tom Wrote: You mean that chap that put it together really fast and moaned he couldnt find anyone to map it then gave up before he spoke to a proper mapper...

Sounds about right.

But as said i'd be more concerned about oil flow, possibly THE most important factor in repositioning any turbo. Flood it with poor drainage and you'll be talking hours of lifespan, if not less.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Exactly, that guys turbo was mounted so the oil flow was at about 45 degrees, completely useless!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
But his mechanic said it was fine... So you guys are obviously wrong lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Erm, it might be fine if all the roads are cambered at 45 degrees lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha well if I do go down the line of g/box mounted turbo ile be sure to mount it at a beter angle , its clearly touched a nerve with some of u , thats my main concern is makin sure it will have a good oil flow , also dus anyone know of anyone who has had there airflow sensor maped out , was readin a thread on here before about the topic but unsure if anyone has done it
Thanks given by:
Good luck looking at bryns thread on .net.. You have to have CS to view project threads, even if you wrote them
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol really?
Thanks given by:
Hahah, it hasn't particularly touched a nerve, this forum is just full of banter and trolling. It can be hard to tell whether people are serious or not for the first couple of months, you'll get used to it. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yup genuinely.. Tried to view my project thread the other day and you have to buy cs
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would also be interested in this in the future, how hard would it be to make up the pipework and could you fit it all with the engine in? I know a turbo change on an hdi is a farce but what about a relocation?

and I'm thinking a gt17 / 20 would be what I'm after or is there any cheaper alternatives?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure theres a chap on here called Jonny that has just put a gt20 on his hdi and it fitted down the back fine Smile

And for the op, it didnt touch a nerve as such just annoyed me how it all got thron together so fast and then right when it could of been awesome just thrown in the towel when the answer was being said on here every time he posted a bloody thread lol Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery relocation dr_jekyll 4 924 21-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Poodle