whats in the parcel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats in the parcel
job for after dinner aswell as checking for a duff glowplug or two
Thanks given by:
No you want to push it down the windscreen to remove it. If you hit it upwards, youll just break your windscreen!

Oh and there easy to fit. Was first mod I did to mine. Depending on what model it came off, it may have more than 3 wires
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Yeah the whole thing just slides..........but the glue on the block isnt all that good and often pulls off with the mirror! Doh In my heavy handed experience anyway!

Thats just you tom, never had a problem, if you just hit it then the mirror pops off nicely if you rive it around you will probably pull the block off the window lol

I was fine with original screens........but the 1.4 had a new screen and the block came off, then the 1.8 did the same with an autoglass window! Sad
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:No you want to push it down the windscreen to remove it. If you hit it upwards, youll just break your windscreen!

Oh and there easy to fit. Was first mod I did to mine. Depending on what model it came off, it may have more than 3 wires

really..........you maybe want to look at that again because i'm certain they don't.........
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Im pretty sure marks right.....look where the auto wiper sensor wires are....you have to slide up and over them....
Thanks given by:
Mine went down. I remember because I remember thinking how odd that is seeing as it would probably fall down being French!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Im pretty sure marks right.....look where the auto wiper sensor wires are....you have to slide up and over them....

That and eventually with the vibration of the car it would work its self loose and end up on your dash if it slid down to remove it lol

NiallHarper Wrote:Mine went down. I remember because I remember thinking how odd that is seeing as it would probably fall down being French!

Fair enough then, yours must be the only one in the world then, I shall take some pics if you don't believe me......
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Im pretty sure marks right.....look where the auto wiper sensor wires are....you have to slide up and over them....

That and eventually with the vibration of the car it would work its self loose and end up on your dash if it slid down to remove it lol

NiallHarper Wrote:Mine went down. I remember because I remember thinking how odd that is seeing as it would probably fall down being French!

Fair enough then, yours must be the only one in the world then, I shall take some pics if you don't believe me......

Nah I believe you. I know how messed up peugeots are lol
I also know my mates XS does the same. What ph is your mark? It might be different if you don't have the rain sensor
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Mine went down. Remember doing it, thought it would slide up, woulnt slide, pulled abit harder, smash whole windscreen cracks, turns out it does slide down lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
They slide down to come oFf.
Best way to mout it is using tho original mount with a hole drilled through it.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:Nah I believe you. I know how messed up peugeots are lol
I also know my mates XS does the same. What ph is your mark? It might be different if you don't have the rain sensor

lol this is true, I know that the ph1 & ph2 306, the 307 and the 205 are all the same as I have one of each of the above at home in one state or another.............
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Haha nice.
Getting the mirror onto the original mount is a PITA. Luckily mine came from a 406 so the mount was exactly the same so all I had to do was wire it in, slide the old one off and slide the new one on. 5 minute job for probably the best mod I've done!
Will warn you now though, the sun visors won't go all the way around anymore
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:Haha nice.
Getting the mirror onto the original mount is a PITA. Luckily mine came from a 406 so the mount was exactly the same so all I had to do was wire it in, slide the old one off and slide the new one on. 5 minute job for probably the best mod I've done!
Will warn you now though, the sun visors won't go all the way around anymore

mines a 307 one and is also exactly the same mount as mine Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I've a 307 one too, but on the stanadard 306 mount.
The 406 ones are just too long to go between the sun visors.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have a feeling that this is a rain sensor dependant issue, if you have one the mirror removal is down and if you don't then removal is up, just found this too which may be of interest to someone Smile

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=102930
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Hmm...think I was sliding mine the wrong way then haha! Doh
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone had problems with parcel monkey before? Matt 18 1,949 17-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Matt