Derv doctor dump valve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derv doctor dump valve
Couldn't find a help and advice section so hope this is the right place.

Can someone tell me of this guide is correct because at the end it says "I take no responsibility if it goes horribly wrong"

Any help appreciated
http://www.club-306.com/topic/6365-dump-...?pid=90123
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's right, but just abit untidy
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 08:27 PM)dturbopeck Wrote: Yeah it's right, but just abit untidy

So plumbing it into the brake servo pipe is ok
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Yer you have to plumb in to brake servo thats the only place you can get your vacume from, well get it as close as poss to the vacume pump

Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 08:44 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Yer you have to plumb in to brake servo thats the only place you can get your vacume from, well get it as close as poss to the vacume pump

Ok thanks. If I put a switch inside the car on the 12v cable for the solenoid could I switch the dump valve on an off theoretically because it will cause a bit of turbo lag won't it as it will have to spool up to pressure again?
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know what this connector is called
[Image: ejyda4es.jpg]
[Image: na4e8ajy.jpg]
[Image: avu7u3an.jpg]
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Face Palm .....Dump (lose my boost) Valve i wouldnt bother with one IMO

it got worse that guides on a lucas lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 10:47 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Face Palm .....Dump (lose my boost) Valve i wouldnt bother with one IMO

That's why I want to put a switch on the 12v so I can switch it on and off
What's the difference to having it on Lucas or bosch.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
not much but the difference between lucas and bosch is epic
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 10:51 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: not much but the difference between lucas and bosch is epic

O I thought you meant it would be better on a bosch rather than a bosch being better in general
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
will still lose boost on either, youd notice the loss as it wouldnt keep pressure on lda pin
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 10:53 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: will still lose boost on either, youd notice the loss as it wouldnt keep pressure on lda pin

If it was switched off would it still loose power with it fitted or only when the solenoid is switched on and the dv is active
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 10:55 PM)Aaron _d95 Wrote:
(06-04-2013, 10:53 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: will still lose boost on either, youd notice the loss as it wouldnt keep pressure on lda pin

If it was switched off would it still loose power with it fitted or only when the solenoid is switched on and the dv is active

If you had it to a switch you would be fine if its switched off as it will be holding all the boost in the pipes, To be honest im thinking about getting one and doing the same as you so its on a switch, only as im still a little boy inside making noises baaaarrrrpppp tissssshhh lol

But as cj said they will make your car slower when you have it switched on

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dump valve on a diesel? 306pc 14 2,630 29-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Last Post: ADV_93
  dump valve leaking oil DTurboTom 41 6,132 31-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Chris_90
  fitted a dump valve now lossing boost ingham66 uk 9 2,490 15-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Piggy