What's the lowest amount of money

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the lowest amount of money
Would have to be 5k, and that'd take some persuading even then. Thing is, I don't want to get rid, and it's my daily. Also if I was given that sort of money for it, I'd just buy another one lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
currently about £2000, I know the car is only worth about £1500 but its gotta be enough to make it worth my while.
Thanks given by:
Dont think some people understand what were doing here, just to clarify this is the amount of money someone would have to give you to buy your car if it wasnt for sale? Just a total stranger approaches you as your going about your day to day life and said how much?

I'd want 2k for mine, a ridiculous price i know but i like my car and even though its shit have no reason to part with it, and i've grown rather fond of it, also i have no money so it would need to be a good amount.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 10:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: currently about £2000, I know the car is only worth about £1500 but its gotta be enough to make it worth my while.

Or £150 from the scrap yard next week? Xx
Thanks given by:
Why doesn't that surprise me Jonny! lol

I must admit, it does really show in the cars themselves how much worth it has to each person. Despite the fact most 306s are probably worth max of £1500 to Joe bloggs.....some people value thier car much more than that and put a lot of time, money and effort into really looking after them. Those of us that couldn't really care less have valued our cars probably pretty close to the real value lol. Smile
Thanks given by:
<
£500 they could have the pile of shit.
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Well i paid 400 for my estate because it was a px at work im in the car trade
I allways get people asking me to sell. I just say 2k just because i dont want ro sell.
Unless a nice 307 hdi estate comes in cheap then id put the 306 on sale for 1295 and
Would take 12. Its hard to find a diesle estate with the spec of the 306 meridian for
Less than 1k at a dealer.
Hdi decat midlebox mod soon to be stage1Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
£600, and that's including the pain in the arse of not having a car...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
As it is, id take 350 for the shed lol.

Project is a different matter, 2.5k maybe.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
These threads are so funny. My car is worth the tax on it, the fuel in it's tank and the MOT. The car literally has no value whatsoever. It has been smashed from behind and infront, paint flaking off the bumpers and covered in scratches. It's perfect for my needs though, probably not anyone else's.
Thanks given by:
It would have to be around 3.5/4k

Tbh I don't ever think ill sell, just buy a new car and keep it as a toy
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
At leask £2k here, I've become rather attached to it, as the only car I've ever owned, and that does everything I need it to.

If there was a tidy 2.2HDi 406 Exec for sale then I'd sell for however much that cost though...

EDIT: you know what, I'd want more than 2 grand if they're taking the wheels too
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
£1300

It's only worth about £600 but it covers getting a new car and sorting insurance out.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 10:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Those of us that couldn't really care less have valued our cars probably pretty close to the real value lol. Smile

Not really the case at all. I'd value my car at less than market value if that's the game we're playing, in fact I wouldn't even try and sell it whole. There's £500+ in the wheels and tyres alone which is pretty much what a phase 2 LX estate is worth.. in good condition.

We're not talking about value though, what this thread shows is those who are attached to their cars. Everyone has a price, if it's just a car to you then fair enough, that's all some people want. But some people have spent years on their cars, you can't value the blood/sweat/tears at all.

So the question was.. what WOULD you let it be prised out of your hands for, not what do you think it's worth?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
600 hundred for the 306 with full years mot etc no advisories that need worry about.

And about 8500 for the scooby fsh 49k miles etc and a rare widetrack model....
[Image: image_zps738f3eaa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
at the moment i wouldn't part with the hatch for less than £8k (because thats how much the only thing id replace it with costs)

only just started really and I couldn't sell it without seeing its full potential
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 07:07 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 10:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Those of us that couldn't really care less have valued our cars probably pretty close to the real value lol. Smile

Not really the case at all. I'd value my car at less than market value if that's the game we're playing, in fact I wouldn't even try and sell it whole. There's £500+ in the wheels and tyres alone which is pretty much what a phase 2 LX estate is worth.. in good condition.

We're not talking about value though, what this thread shows is those who are attached to their cars. Everyone has a price, if it's just a car to you then fair enough, that's all some people want. But some people have spent years on their cars, you can't value the blood/sweat/tears at all.

So the question was.. what WOULD you let it be prised out of your hands for, not what do you think it's worth?

Either my point's come across wrong or yours has lol.... Its the same thing, worth, value, whatever you want to call it IS the price you put on it. Confused. I don't mean monetary value, as I said 306s arent worth much in real terms, I mean the value it has to that person, if that makes sense.
Thanks given by:
Hmm a toughie.
My hdi probably would let it go for €2k when it passes nct.
The 1.4 is a breaker so wouldnt sell whole unless i got what id make breaking it
My diablo phase 1 Dturbo i honestly dont think i will ever sell it, unless i got offered something rediculous like 500k, its the car i always wanted growing up and i wont let it go, atleast until i have it the way i want it, and probably then never.

I do live for the 306 though, was gonna buy a sigma S16 other day but was sold already.
Also looking to get a van version one now Big Grin
Thanks given by:
The previous owner paid nearly 1500 for mine over a yr ago!

Personally, I just couldnt let it go, as i know it probably wouldnt stay on the road for long in the hands of new owners. And it's a great example at that. i dont think many people would bother spending time/money on such old cars anymore.

Having said that, a v unrealistic offer of over 2.5/3k would certainly help fund a hybrid turbo, 535d injectors and upgraded drivetrain on my bm Big Grin mmh.. I wonder how much that works out per hour, on the amount of time I've spent fixing/tinkering on it.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to get rid of some money? ROBCAT 13 3,042 02-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Silly money 205 chylledapps 3 1,468 04-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Travel Money MY95 3 1,700 13-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Frosty