What's the lowest amount of money

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the lowest amount of money
..someone would have to offer you to take your car off your hands, no questions asked?

Obviously if some lunatic offered £100k for it you'd run off into the sunset giggling like a child. But what's the bare minimum to force your hand into a sale?

Reason I ask.. someone offered my missus £2.5k one day, came back a week later then offered over £3k for the tank. At the time it drove like a sack of shit and I wouldn't want the "take it back, it's crap" routine. But sold as seen, and now the niggling problems have been sorted, I hate to say it but i'd snatch his hand off and go for a nice S13 or DC5...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
3k and I'd part with the Rallye, just because the car I have had my eye on for a while is 3k lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Similar to me then. Think that's an amount that would see me able to get something half decent and keep it tidy. Only reason the tank's gone this way is it wasn't that good condition to start with and its now extremely low maintenance.
Thanks given by:
No questions asked absolutely no come backs, no nothing later on? Still wouldn't be worth more than £800 to anybody tbh...
Thanks given by:
So vlj if someone came to you and said "I have £800 here, I want your car" and no repercussions, you'd sell? Bear in mind unexpected downtime from having no car, having to find another etc?
Thanks given by:
2k would swing it for me i guess
Thanks given by:
4k but only because its not my daily so it's not like I need to worry about going out and buying something else quickly
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 11:04 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: So vlj if someone came to you and said "I have £800 here, I want your car" and no repercussions, you'd sell? Bear in mind unexpected downtime from having no car, having to find another etc?

You said the minimum you'd take, that is the minimum. I have another car I can use whenever I need to, so downtime isn't an issue for me. Obviously if someone offered me more I would also take it, but the question was what was the least you'd take!
Thanks given by:
Id take 1.5k for mine
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 11:15 AM)vlj Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 11:04 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: So vlj if someone came to you and said "I have £800 here, I want your car" and no repercussions, you'd sell? Bear in mind unexpected downtime from having no car, having to find another etc?

You said the minimum you'd take, that is the minimum. I have another car I can use whenever I need to, so downtime isn't an issue for me. Obviously if someone offered me more I would also take it, but the question was what was the least you'd take!

Didn't know you had access to another car, fair enough. £800 seemed a little low for someone to just take it off your hands, that's all.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 11:27 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 11:15 AM)vlj Wrote:

Didn't know you had access to another car, fair enough. £800 seemed a little low for someone to just take it off your hands, that's all.

If it were in 2 weeks time, and the cooler, turbo & all other related shinies were on, I would be looking at a price nearer to £2k to cover the parts, time and effort put into it - your car has all of that & the uniqueness already included, Matt's Rallye is a white rallye so has its value etc, as it stands right now mines just a 160k old estate with 6 months T&T.
Thanks given by:
A bag of sand.

Then I can buy something similar again...

I'm not that attached to the 306, if someone gave me the going rate for it then I'd gladly sell it!

I was really attached to the MX5. Had a fortune in shiny bits on it and when it came to selling up I put it up for £3,500 - which is about £1,500 over the going rate.

It sold for £3,300 though, which just proved how good an example it was!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
id probably want £800 for the estate seeing as its got full years T&T on it. £700ish for the 1.8 as its already been lowered properly and is a mint example.
Thanks given by:
I'd want about £4.6k for mine with the Turinis. I realise that's a lot more than the going rate, but it reflects the fact it's my only means of transport meaning I'd have to get another car lined up properly quickly. There are also a lot of shiny parts and a lot of Sam & Niall's time and effort gone into making it what it is now. Tongue

It also slightly takes into account a significant amount of money towards the car I'd want next... ninja

EDIT:

Might have to revise that 'walk-away price'....!!!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/u...gt/1238747

WISH I could afford that right now!!! With summer coming up that would just be too epic!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
id take 1000 for my HDI, my rover metro I will just scrap anyway, maybe sell a few bits on from it.
Thanks given by:
a grand would swing for my project
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
lowest i would take for mine as it is would be £750, but i a real world i doubt i would sell it, just keep it till it dies then probably just put another engine in lol and keep it going till it blows agin

Thanks given by:
£3k....long as I get back what I paid I don't really care. I dont get attached to peices of metal lol, I dont really get attached to anything tbh!
Thanks given by:
I'd take £1k for mine tbh
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Between £1200 - £1500

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
The vans that f*cked at the moment I'd probably take 1k for it lol I'd be happy to take £800 for the Coupe once I've MOT'd it and got some tyres TBH, A loss but no-one wants a 25mpg 3.0 V6 these days lol.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
£1200 for mine I'd say, would be enough for my next project
Thanks given by:
If i didnt want to sell it and and didnt have my mind on another car (never seriously do though) id want 6k for the incovenience of not having a next car planned,

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Mine at the moment. Id be looking at what I paid which is £900. Its still got plenty of t&t and ive sorted skme of the nigglies out. I personally think I paid a little too much fr the car looking at paintwork but its got a good engine on it at 100k all motorway.

After I've had smooth bonnet boot resprayed and the 17s on and other shinies id be looking at more like 1.7k for me. All the effect that I put into my cars its the east I could ask for. Specially with the coils and 17s and what not
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
At least 3k and that would be some serious thought. Id struggle to find something id like that suits my needs and that i want to drive.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Depends what car, about 5k for the Dimma with Gti lump, or about 9-10k with turbo lump.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think 6k and I'd sell my supercharged 6. Though ive spent much much more over the 5-6 years ive had it and sooooo many hours...
Then go buy an Evo 6 like I want to in a couple of years anyway.
Thanks given by:
£800 for me. i would be loosing out alot and would'nt like to see it go
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Would take an suzuki sv650 in exchange! If i were desperate, £400-600.
Thanks given by:
I'd take a grand, but it's probably worth about 50 pence unless you break it for parts...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to get rid of some money? ROBCAT 13 3,041 02-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Silly money 205 chylledapps 3 1,468 04-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Travel Money MY95 3 1,700 13-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Frosty