Injectors.... Puddles of derv :( Now wont start!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injectors.... Puddles of derv :( Now wont start!
So i noticed when i was running the hdi i could smell derv, so looked under bonnet and round the injectors were puddles of it, so washed it off then drove 250mile and just looked agin and they have filled up agin...

I was told that it had the injectors all cleaned 2 weeks before i bought it.

Anyway looked at leak offs they are all dry, looked at the fuel in lines there dry to.

SO im guessing the fuel is coming up out the head like they arnt sealed properly?? maybe need new copper washers?

Or is there any thing else i should be looking at to find out were the fuel is coming from?

EDIT!! took injector out and was crap round the washer cleaned it all up started up, then died and now wont start agin Undecided help??

Thanks given by:
It could be the washers. Quite easy to do injectors on these, im sure you can buy a washer/seal kit from peugeot

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
or the metal fuel lines need nipping up a bit mate......I had this issue with mine ages ago and this solved it
Thanks given by:
Just took injector out and there was loads of crap round the washer and in the hole so cleaned it out put it back in AND the car started run for about 30 seconds then cut out and now wont start back up again Angry so not sure whats happened but checked every thing is plugged in rite...... soooo not sure what as happen

any ideas guys?

Thanks given by:
Air in fuel, needs bleeding out id say
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 02:29 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Air in fuel, needs bleeding out id say

The hdi primes its self i believe??

Thanks given by:
It does yes, just turning ignition on will fill the lines with fuel. However you're obviously gonna get air bubbles in there, so start it up and keep your foot planted lol....even if you have to start it with easystart or brake cleaner in the intake (a trick I learnt at the dealers haha).
Thanks given by:
Ignore tom, he doesn't have a clue.

Prime the system by turning the ignition on and waiting until you hear the lift pump stop running, then repeat about 5 times. It will now run fine, assuming your issue was air in the fuel.

Is the fluid around the injectors definitely diesel? Or could it be combustion waste?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hmm, not exactly true......if you let air in at the injectors then tighten them up there's air bubbles stuck in there...priming the system chucks diesel in, but its not gonna let the bubbles out is it?

Had the same issue on several CR small vans at Ford (Transit Connects iirc), albeit after a fuel filter change and that was the techs solution....once its started keep it running to clear the air out....
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 03:50 PM)Poodle Wrote: Ignore tom, he doesn't have a clue.

Prime the system by turning the ignition on and waiting until you hear the lift pump stop running, then repeat about 5 times. It will now run fine, assuming your issue was air in the fuel.

Is the fluid around the injectors definitely diesel? Or could it be combustion waste?

done the primeing thing more than 5 times no difference, and yes defo diesel, its clealy the copper washers/ shit in the injector holes that caused the leak, but with me takeing the injector out and cleaning the washer and in the hole must have done something to the injector, will have to see if i can get an injector from scrappy see if that fixes it if not the carnt be arse will just brake the car starting to wish i didnt buy it tbh

Thanks given by:
why would you break it? either reseat them or a second hand set should sort it
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have a second hand set here £25 posted
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Check you've plugged all you sensors back in bud. Doubt you've knackered the injector unless youve dropped it and damaged it on the nozzle side.

Sure you can hear the lift pump prime?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 05:25 PM)Arron Wrote: Check you've plugged all you sensors back in bud. Doubt you've knackered the injector unless youve dropped it and damaged it on the nozzle side.

Not dropped it just took it out cleaned the end, copper washer, and hole put it back it, it run fine for 30 seconds then cut out and wouldn't start, if I disconnect battery for half hour or so go back to it and try then it seem To just about to fire then dies soon and management light comes on that's it won't even try to start. Will have another look tomorrow just piss's me off with the electrical system on these wouldn't have this problem in an xud Undecided lol

Thanks given by:
Yea you should of stuck to an xud if you cant diagnose electrics!

Try replugging the electric connector back into the injector. Probably injector circuit fault bringing up the EML.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 05:36 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(26-04-2013, 05:25 PM)Arron Wrote: Check you've plugged all you sensors back in bud. Doubt you've knackered the injector unless youve dropped it and damaged it on the nozzle side.

Not dropped it just took it out cleaned the end, copper washer, and hole put it back it, it run fine for 30 seconds then cut out and wouldn't start, if I disconnect battery for half hour or so go back to it and try then it seem To just about to fire then dies soon and management light comes on that's it won't even try to start. Will have another look tomorrow just piss's me off with the electrical system on these wouldn't have this problem in an xud Undecided lol

You have a pm
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 05:41 PM)Arron Wrote: Yea you should of stuck to an xud if you cant diagnose electrics!

Try replugging the electric connector back into the injector. Probably injector circuit fault bringing up the EML.

Done that a couple of times no difference Sad

Thanks given by:
Tom, the air is forced up through the leak-off pipes and back to the tank, thereby purging the system of air sufficiently that the engine will fire. Putting your foot on the accelerator will have absolutely no effect before the engine starts, thanks to the ecu. Easy start/brake cleaner/anything similar might be worth a try, but i've not had much luck with it myself at times when there's obviously another issue. CR diesels can be a shit to purge though, i try to avoid taking fuel components out unless i'm sure it's necessary.

Chris, the copper washers won't be leaking diesel, it'll be combustion waste or nothing coming from there, it's fairly likely that's a separate issue. The diesel must be coming from somewhere on the injection system, have you tried tightening the unions a little as suggested by Gareth? Another prime candidate is your leak-off o-rings. Is there diesel down the side of the injectors at all?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Fixed now no fuel lol least I no that gauge is dodgy cos it reads quarter of a tank, back on to sealing injectors

Thanks given by:
Hmm... Stick to XUD... Doh Big Grin

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 11:08 AM)Arron Wrote: Hmm... Stick to XUD... Doh Big Grin

Well that might be the next plan xud'ing the hdi Wink but not sure yet lol

Thanks given by:
You should have just asked ive got all the diag equipment here!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not sure if there's a fault code for no fuel!!! But yea chris xud it and I'll be even.more jealous!!!!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 12:25 PM)Arron Wrote: Not sure if there's a fault code for no fuel!!! But yea chris xud it and I'll be even.more jealous!!!!

LOL!! im tempted to do it d turbo engine is great just getting on abit at 172,000 miles gona mot hdi soon see how that goes then look in to it then. And engine magement light did come up but probably because there wasn't any fuel going past the sensors on the engine lol Went straight off tho as soon as it started.

(28-04-2013, 11:52 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: You should have just asked ive got all the diag equipment here!

ok mate will remember that for when some thing else brakes on it lol

Thanks given by:
Keep the hdi in her mate you've only just got it, stage 2 hdi for dat reliability yoo
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the XUD would have carried on running with no fuel just fine!

Rolleyes
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 07:45 PM)Poodle Wrote: Yeah, the XUD would have carried on running with no fuel just fine!

Rolleyes

They do, don't they?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 07:45 PM)Poodle Wrote: Yeah, the XUD would have carried on running with no fuel just fine!

Rolleyes

LOL! But fuel gauge in xud don't get to quarter of a tank then die Undecided no idea why it has on this tbh but oh well least it a simple fix just turn car around so fuel Sat at the right side of tank now lol

Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 08:18 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: LOL! But fuel gauge in xud don't get to quarter of a tank then die Undecided no idea why it has on this tbh but oh well least it a simple fix just turn car around so fuel Sat at the right side of tank now lol

I bet the lift pump wasn't installed properly or the arm on the sender was bent that'll cause dodgy fuel readings.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDI wont start whitlam222 31 3,323 19-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: whitlam222
  HDI wont start jaycc 8 1,638 09-07-2015, 05:11 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  car cut out and wont start tuttyboy84 18 1,821 17-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Poodle