Clutch release bearing alignment.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch release bearing alignment.
How does the clutch release bearing attach to the fork, I cant see a way of clipping it in, it just sits in. Does the bearing need to be aglined whilst the clutch pressure plate and bearing are on the car, and just put the gearbox in and line the fork up whilst putting the gearbox back on?
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
The bearing is part of the pressure plate, you bolt the clutch to the flywheel and when putting the box on line the clutch fork up so it goes behind the bearing
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 04:53 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: The bearing is part of the pressure plate, you bolt the clutch to the flywheel and when putting the box on line the clutch fork up so it goes behind the bearing

Cheers fella, I'll do that tomorow. Thanks again
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 04:51 PM)Marcus1991 Wrote: How does the clutch release bearing attach to the fork, I cant see a way of clipping it in, it just sits in. Does the bearing need to be aglined whilst the clutch pressure plate and bearing are on the car, and just put the gearbox in and line the fork up whilst putting the gearbox back on?

It'll only fit the one way anyway.

Some kits may have a slightly different looking bearing
[Image: Image2135.jpg]
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 08:11 PM)Mal Wrote:
(29-03-2013, 04:51 PM)Marcus1991 Wrote: How does the clutch release bearing attach to the fork, I cant see a way of clipping it in, it just sits in. Does the bearing need to be aglined whilst the clutch pressure plate and bearing are on the car, and just put the gearbox in and line the fork up whilst putting the gearbox back on?

It'll only fit the one way anyway.

Some kits may have a slightly different looking bearing
[Image: Image2135.jpg]

My bearing is very slightly diffrent to the one you have pictured, my new one is exactly the same as my old one,

I just wanted to double check on how to do it. Don't wanna find out I've done it wrong and take it all apart again! Smile
Thanks given by:
am I right in thinking that the prongs on the bearing face the back of the car?
Thanks given by:
Just rotate the bearing so lugs are on the left, start fitting tranny, and feel the lever on, the plastic lugs help locate it..
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
cheers for all the help guys, its all lined up and I have a good pedal. Thanks again Smile
Thanks given by:
I've got my car up and running this afternoon, but the revs and the speed are still the same as the xud box (i put a hdi box on xud), I changed the Speedo sensor over, but I also changed the Speedo pickup ring that goes around the driveshaft, due to the hdi one being knackered, could this be why the Speedo is wrong?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone got a clutch release arm lying around? Chairchild 6 1,690 04-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Chairchild
  xud box stuck on release bearing pugtk 4 1,226 05-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan
  Cambelt Change (timing hole alignment) Mark 30 14,269 09-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Last Post: ADV_93