Project re shell!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project re shell!
So here we go again

Some people may know that I ‘briefly’ had a fairly square Black Ph1 D-Turbo that met an unfortunate ending…we’ll say no more.

Anyways, on the lookout for another 306, a local farmer lad had one that had been parked up for a few months due to some engine mount issues. Went to look at the thing and from the first sight the car didn’t look too pretty. A neglected Cherry Red, Ph2 D-Turbo on 134,000 miles. It was absolutely hanging inside (I mean I was afraid to sit in there with my overalls on). It was bricks bar one wheel and there was no battery to try and crank the engine over but I was assured that it was running when it was parked up. This didn’t matter too much. It has had an engine change which, the keen mechanic has screwed up the engine mount on the drivers side and pulled the threads out the block. Hence parked up. So bid him a stupid scrap value price and took it home for £120.

The black one has been stripped of anything useful and is currently just a shell ready to be weighed in. So now the goal is to swap the engine lump over to the red one.

The red car is fairly square but the black grill lets it down (least of my worries) and the state of the interior. So seeing as we were having a burn up, the interior was first out and got rid of. Then onto the engine…. It did run and sound sweet enough so I’ll put it in a corner and decide another day what to do with that.

The engine is now out after some teething problems but while it was out I noticed the master cylinder leaking, so changed that. Dropped the black car’s heart in and immediately noticed the security cover on the pump (black car had a keypad). Was getting on late to start thinking about changing the pump so left it for the day.

I have not changed the pump to Bosch, fired up first time, ran for ten minutes the cut out :/ pretty sure it's the woodruff key being to small and put the timing out, I'm working on a no money budget so this may take a while!

Here's a few pictures of the progress, mothers not to happy about her driveway! Lol

Thanks given by:
good project least you saving a 306. is the grill green not black?. need a venetian grill ninja
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Engine crane looks familier Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Sorry yeah it Is green, cheers Darren :p helped alot
Thanks given by:
steptoe and son's back yard??
Thanks given by:
Cherry Red 306's can look real good! Going to be chronic boost?
Thanks given by:

Well it's a dog tbh, it's going to be a sleeper, and yeah should be chronic boost Smile
Thanks given by:
Looking a lot cleaner hahah Big Grin Glad you've got a new shell Smile
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
checked for the traditional rear seatbelt rust spot? also the arches are worth checking over with a screwdriver, be a shame to do all the reshell work to find phase 2 eust later down the line.

needs a pgase 1 front, cherry phase 1 can look sexual Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2013, 05:56 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: checked for the traditional rear seatbelt rust spot? also the arches are worth checking over with a screwdriver, be a shame to do all the reshell work to find phase 2 eust later down the line.

needs a pgase 1 front, cherry phase 1 can look sexual Smile

Nooooooo Dodgy
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Should of said dude id gladly given you my phase 1 shell
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I d checked for rust he's not to bad tbh mot only ran out in January, yeah wouldn't mind a phase 1 front end, the red is kinda growing on me tbh, didn't think of asking anyone if they had one because I already knew of this one :/
Thanks given by:
that's got to have a phase 1 front end put back on, what plans are you going to do with this one?
Thanks given by:
Yeah would like a phase 1 front end if there's any freebies Wink haha I'm skint at the moment, plans are lots of boost and at the moment it will be a sleeper :p
Thanks given by:
You gunna give it to Darren to work his boost magic on it? Tongue
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Darren will be having the pump yeah lol, he shall work his magic on it :p
Thanks given by:
I love cherry red, glad you're staying in a 306 Smile

Is it good fun re shelling??
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
It's a fudging nightmare! Lol, I just need it on the road as I need to find another job as I've been laid off, had a problem with woodruff keys on the Bosch, hopefully next week it will be sorted Smile
Thanks given by:
It runs!!! Smile will upload a video ASAP
Thanks given by:
So Alex is lacking a PC at the moment to upload the videos he said he would, so I thought I would fulfil those empty promises.

This is when the bosch was initially fitted plenty of diesel hardness!

Then after some thought it came down to the rascal of the woodruff key.
Changed that and the car is now spot on...well as close as it can be for the time being

Thanks given by:
Thanks mark Smile
Thanks given by:
Congratulations on getting the car running and getting a job!
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate Smile shall be on the road soon
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,522 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye