Need advice on rear suspension set up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on rear suspension set up
Question 
Hi, bit of advice needed on the height of the rear.

The rear looks too low IMO, I'd like to raise it to the same level as the front and stop the scraping Dodgy it's fun, just like a go-kart Wink but it's not practical, especially in my area - lots of speed bumps...

Is this the sort of job that can be done at home or will it require a garage to do it?

also what parts could do with replacing while it's being done?

Any advice would be lovely, thanks.
Thanks given by:
Should have come with me to krisB today. You can do it at home, don't let a garage do it, get someone who knows what they are doing to do it.
Thanks given by:
I'm not all that good with my car knowledge but would love to learn, I'm hoping to do it on a budget as it's just cost me quite a bit to have the bottom end done Sad
I'd like to be able to do it myself just wouldn't know where to start, What parts are most likely to need replacing while it's being done?
Thanks
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-8933.htm...t=lowering

You won't necessarily need to replace anything, depends on the condition of things.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ideal! thanks for your help Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll have a crack at it nice and cheap for you, should be fairly easy as they'v been out before

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Don't let Jamie do it, he breaks more 306s than he fixes :p
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
100% of 306's unless the beam has been rebuilt will need new seals and new grease at the very least, 90% of 306's will need the beam rebuilding with bearings and or shafts, Anyone saying otherwise know's nothing about them, Harsh but if your keeping it a job worth doing.

Preventive maintenance here is worth it's weight in gold,
Thanks given by:
yeh thats about an inch and a half too low at the back.
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2013, 08:57 PM)miles Wrote: 100% of 306's unless the beam has been rebuilt will need new seals and new grease at the very least, 90% of 306's will need the beam rebuilding with bearings and or shafts, Anyone saying otherwise know's nothing about them, Harsh but if your keeping it a job worth doing.

Preventive maintenance here is worth it's weight in gold,

Yes, preventive maintenance is what this '6 has lacked in the past but I'm all for it Smile thanks for the info.

(27-03-2013, 09:10 PM)SRowell Wrote: yeh thats about an inch and a half too low at the back.

Yeah I'm not keen, it's how it had been done by the previous owner. It's hilariously fun to drive but it's not how I want it
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam repair advice doogle-d turbo 2 1,059 05-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Rear suspension, torsion bar to mcpherson Insanity-74 21 3,673 01-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Rear Suspension fettled - still a knocking noise! (ZX) beko1987 4 1,427 17-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Last Post: beko1987