Another ''Not a 306''... Warning: Deutscher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another ''Not a 306''... Warning: Deutscher
Current plan is to fix up then sell, went halves on it with my housemate...

However... Very tempted to keep it tho... Torn between awesomeness of this and my love for my 306...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Like it! Shame its going but a needs must... little bit blue under the bonnet lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think twin 40's, a nice drop on coilys and some BBS splits!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Like it! Shame its going but a needs must... little bit blue under the bonnet lol
me too dude! gunna be sad to see it go, its a long way off tho, still a fair amount to do!
haha yep, dont worry tho, thats in the process of being deblueified!

Foxy-jim' Wrote:I think twin 40's, a nice drop on coilys and some BBS splits!

oh yes,that would indeed be awesome, and if i were to keep it, pretty much what i'd do! that, or a new engine.... vr6 maybe...?
but this one is just going to be standard, hopefully a fine example of the breed too!

Edit: I'm shit at quotes!

Thanks given by:
Haha no worries!

You know you really want to do I think you should do it! Haha.
Thanks given by:
Find yourself a mk3 8v Golf GTI, and drop the engine in the 'rocco. 115 bhp is loads in one of these, and it's a lovely torquey engine, plus you'll get the Golf for next to nothing. Mine was £250 with a years test, was a great motor until that Rover hit it Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Ye my mate had an 8v gti engine in his mark2 and rinsed my other mates stripped out BMW 325!
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Haha no worries!

You know you really want to do I think you should do it! Haha.

haha stop tempting me!

THE_Liam Wrote:Find yourself a mk3 8v Golf GTI, and drop the engine in the 'rocco. 115 bhp is loads in one of these, and it's a lovely torquey engine, plus you'll get the Golf for next to nothing. Mine was £250 with a years test, was a great motor until that Rover hit it Sad

hmmmmmmmm 115 would be a lot... might keep an eye on the 'bay...
the 90 or so thats in it at the mo is good tho, it does pull really well, these things mustn't weigh much

Thanks given by:
It's actually more based on a mk1 Golf than a mk2, I think the 'rocco weighs around 950kg Big Grin
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:It's actually more based on a mk1 Golf than a mk2, I think the 'rocco weighs around 950kg Big Grin
yeah i knew it had the chassis from the mk1 golf, but i thought it weighed a bit more than a ton, nice to be wrong!

Thanks given by:
finally did a bit more to this, found a mk2 'rocco in the breakers on saturday, so got some spare lock barrels (i lost the keys, muppet.) and tonight i stripped them all back and made them match the new ignition barrel and keys, so all the locks match, or will do tomorrow, when i put them back on the car.
just have to work out how to take the ignition barrel out, and get into the fuel filler............

Thanks given by: