Life is So lovely at times isn't it? /Sarcasm...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life is So lovely at times isn't it? /Sarcasm...
So, as a few of you know I'm on the hunt for a Phase 1 D-Turbo/XSI/GTi/S16 bumper with fogs...now my car is Genesis blue, for which finding spare parts is a real headache, and DT bumpers even more so...so imagine my annoyance when I find exactly that...across England and half way into Ireland... Sad

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...1013042569

Gutted... :| Argh!Doh
Thanks given by:
Genesis? Not sure I've even seen one before! Miami blue looks similar. Is it the same colour as Jonny Bs S16?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
isnt mattcheese's car genesis blue?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Matts is sigma the only genesis I've seen on the forums was the gate keeper over on .net

I've got some genesis touch up paint if you need it mate?
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 11:07 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Genesis? Not sure I've even seen one before! Miami blue looks similar. Is it the same colour as Jonny Bs S16?

Haha yeah mate, MONW aka Genesis Blue...lovely colour but its just so damn rare... Sad ...and yeah I think Jonny B's S16 is also in Genesis IIRC...

(25-03-2013, 11:11 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: isnt mattcheese's car genesis blue?

Not any more no, he's got a Sigma Blue one now...

(25-03-2013, 11:19 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Matts is sigma the only genesis I've seen on the forums was the gate keeper over on .net

Rocker! Thank god you replied lol I remember your offer of that tuch up pen from .net, yes mate I'll have that off you once I get paid Thursday; I'll pm you my addy, send over your paypal details...I'll need the touch up pen for my bodyshop so they can match the colour when I get a DT Bumper for respray...or I might just spray-can it a whacky colour lol!
Thanks given by:
just buy some halfords china blue, their amazing color matches will probably turn out near enough genesis haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 11:30 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: just buy some halfords china blue, their amazing color matches will probably turn out near enough genesis haha

Haha! So true! lmao

Oh and C.A.R, Jonny B's S16 is Sigma not Genesis like mine... Exclamation
Thanks given by:
or you could just get a colour mixed up?
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 11:49 PM)SRowell Wrote: or you could just get a colour mixed up?

I could, I've never ever sprayed anything before though...could I get the colour made up and then put into spray cans or something?
Thanks given by:
yeah most decent paint places will be able to do it in rattle cans for you
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Can you not just get it parcled over to you? might be cheaper than buying and respraying one??
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 11:54 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: yeah most decent paint places will be able to do it in rattle cans for you

Ah nice, never knew that...not ever changed or painted a bumper before lol, my mods limits are usually electrical and engine mods...!

(25-03-2013, 11:55 PM)Shea Wrote: Can you not just get it parcled over to you? might be cheaper than buying and respraying one??

I could mate but I've had things turn up broken many times and I just don't wanna risk paying so much to have it turn up broken...
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 11:55 PM)Shea Wrote: Can you not just get it parcled over to you? might be cheaper than buying and respraying one??

I could mate but I've had things turn up broken many times and I just don't wanna risk paying so much to have it turn up broken...
[/quote]

Fair enuf pal
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 11:24 PM)silestanix Wrote:
(25-03-2013, 11:07 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Genesis? Not sure I've even seen one before! Miami blue looks similar. Is it the same colour as Jonny Bs S16?

Haha yeah mate, MONW aka Genesis Blue...lovely colour but its just so damn rare... Sad ...and yeah I think Jonny B's S16 is also in Genesis IIRC...

Not any more no, he's got a Sigma Blue one now...

(25-03-2013, 11:19 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Matts is sigma the only genesis I've seen on the forums was the gate keeper over on .net

Rocker! Thank god you replied lol I remember your offer of that tuch up pen from .net, yes mate I'll have that off you once I get paid Thursday; I'll pm you my addy, send over your paypal details...I'll need the touch up pen for my bodyshop so they can match the colour when I get a DT Bumper for respray...or I might just spray-can it a whacky colour lol!

Lol just let me know if you want it mate Smile
Thanks given by:

Mine genesis blue Smile carnt see ive seen one round here thats the same colour yet

Thanks given by:
Mines is defo sigma!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My old DT was Genesis, it's a bitch to find parts for so I gave up in the end.

I think it was a phase 1 only colour, and not too well sold either.
Also it looks so much like Sigma on internet pictures that you have a real hard time judging eBay/Gumtree unless the seller really knows their stuff.
Thanks given by:
If you wanted it that bad youd take the risk and have the one on gumtree posted. pay by paypal that way your momey is cover'd . so untill then stop your fecking moaning

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
If you want it that bad just buy any colour and spray it.
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 01:15 PM)puglove Wrote: If you wanted it that bad youd take the risk and have the one on gumtree posted. pay by paypal that way your momey is cover'd . so untill then stop your fecking moaning

Yeah I know, still, human nature to have a moan about things ain't it... lol

(26-03-2013, 01:57 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: If you want it that bad just buy any colour and spray it.

I'm probably gonna end up doing that mate... Idea

Rocker, I'll have that touch up paint off you bud, pm me your paypal and I'll send funds tonight...
Thanks given by:
i've got 2 . . .a Genesis and a Sigma . . .and fyi that link to that bumper isn't Genesis . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2013, 02:45 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i've got 2 . . .a Genesis and a Sigma . . .and fyi that link to that bumper isn't Genesis . .Smile

Haha! Cheers for this Matt...thanking my gut feeling of 'Hmmm...doesn't look quite Genesis'...your reply confirms that!

You've got a Genesis d-t bumper ain't ya...? **Considers offering Matt monies for his bumper...** haha lmao
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2013, 01:01 AM)silestanix Wrote:
(27-03-2013, 02:45 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i've got 2 . . .a Genesis and a Sigma . . .and fyi that link to that bumper isn't Genesis . .Smile

Haha! Cheers for this Matt...thanking my gut feeling of 'Hmmm...doesn't look quite Genesis'...your reply confirms that!

You've got a Genesis d-t bumper ain't ya...? **Considers offering Matt monies for his bumper...** haha lmao

no sorry and i've never ever seen one either, i don't think they did a sports bumper in that colour but i've been wrong before lol . . . . .the Genesis is a 1.6 XR, my Sigma is a D-Turdo though . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
If we're on the subject of life treating us well (Sarcasm)... I managed to pick up a Penalty notice in a car park today, when closing the boot lid, the pressure must have blown my parking ticket over hiding the date and time. Now i have a fine to pay Angry
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
council or private car park?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Council unfortunately
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2013, 10:14 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(28-03-2013, 01:01 AM)silestanix Wrote:

no sorry and i've never ever seen one either, i don't think they did a sports bumper in that colour but i've been wrong before lol . . . . .the Genesis is a 1.6 XR, my Sigma is a D-Turdo though . .Smile

Damnit Matt lol I was all excited there man! I've got 4 bumpers on offer to me but they're all so damn far and I don't trust Couriers At All... Sad

(28-03-2013, 06:57 PM)Rich306 Wrote: If we're on the subject of life treating us well (Sarcasm)... I managed to pick up a Penalty notice in a car park today, when closing the boot lid, the pressure must have blown my parking ticket over hiding the date and time. Now i have a fine to pay Angry

Hmmm...Can't you send them a letter with the ticket as proof...? That's proper rotten luck though...get yaself a little parking ticket clip like mine, sticks to side of windscreen and keeps parking tickets held...best £1 i've ever spent lol Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2013, 09:32 PM)silestanix Wrote: a little parking ticket clip like mine, sticks to side of windscreen and keeps parking tickets held...best £1 i've ever spent lol Big Grin

Not a bad idea that Wink
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scary times! Nathan1305 8 2,079 01-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  f*cking people at times! procta 9 1,584 13-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: procta
  Talking of hard times at christmas... Sian 6 1,830 09-12-2013, 10:04 PM