Wheel bolts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel bolts
Just bought a set of Turini's but didnt have any wheel bolts. Tried to measure the length the bolts through the clones and they came out at about 22-24mm so bought what i thought was the right length but they stick out from the Turini's about 30mm. I tried fitting them but the bolt was tightening up and the wheel was still loose. I was a bit sceptical about carrying on tightening them up as last time i tried that, they stuck out too far from the back of the hub.
What length bolts am i supposed to be using with Turini's? Dont want bolts that are too short!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Put a strip of card through the wheel with depths marked on and work it out in the absence of anything else. I don't have Turinis, but my Compomotives are direct fit and the bolts that came with them have a thread length of 28mm to the start of the tapered section, 53mm from end of shank to top of head - you'rs shouldn't be a million miles off that. They stick through nicely anyway.

I suspect the cyclone is wider. Your bolts have tightened up because you've reached virgin thread which is rusty. To get out of the jam you could try running a tap down them.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
yeah i might run a tap down them tomorrow after work. I know its better to have them longer than shorter but i really dont want to put them in so they stick out the back of the hub and catch stuff!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-03-2013, 06:48 PM)C2K Wrote: Your bolts have tightened up because you've reached virgin thread which is rusty.
As I just said by text, I have a feeling that this is the case as I have a vague recollection of us having trouble with fitting them to the Astor 6 originally, we thought they weren't fitting correctly or that there was a problem with the hub but then realised it was troublesome because the thread hadn't been touched by the previous bolts.
Thanks given by:
If you put them in with the car jacked up you can see if they come out the back and by how far.

IIRC its 10 turns that a bolt will screw in by so you could count that also
Thanks given by:
hope so Sad CBA to drive to speedshack!

(24-03-2013, 07:34 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If you put them in with the car jacked up you can see if they come out the back and by how far.

IIRC its 10 turns that a bolt will screw in by so you could count that also

Cool Smile will get the thread cleaners out tomorrow, do that and then give it another go
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alloy Wheel Bolts rdstars 2 1,344 16-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Last Post: rdstars
  Wheel bolts PugRory 11 2,679 09-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Last Post: PugRory
  c5 steel/alloy wheel bolts Poodle 8 2,629 20-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Poodle