Painted Door Vinyl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painted Door Vinyl
Hello!

Last year the black door vinyl was ripped and peeling on the 1.8 so I took one of them off and replaced it with black gloss vinyl I got off ebay. Did the trick once I had used ethanol to remove all the sticky crap it left behind. Its a farily tedious task though and cutting the right shape is a pain and cutting a straight line for the back of the door never looks good as original.

i know you can get the OEM vinyl precut from peugeot for something like £12.
but what would it be like to paint it?

I presume as long as you mask off the top and bottom properly you would get a crisp line but what would it be like painting on the existing paint? Last thing you really want to be doing is sanding off the OEM paint D:

Just an idea anyway! Thoughts?
Thanks given by:
My answer to all paint issue, plastidip it.
Thanks given by:
Leave it off? Looks better
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ah yep. thats the spray it rubber paint stuff isnt it? gokod idea and then if it messes up i can peel it off! Big Grin

For the inside of the doors obviously have to mask it off a bit but i could always use a scalpal to make a fine line and then peel off the extra bits.

god idea! thanks mark! Any idea how many cans i need for just doors? 2 would be more thane nough i would have thought!
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2013, 12:24 AM)Connor Wrote: Leave it off? Looks better

i knew somebody would say this. it doesnt look better on diablo D: It leaves you a massive red gap in the middle of your windows!
Thanks given by:
Surely you of all people would prefer it to be red...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2013, 01:24 AM)Connor Wrote: Surely you of all people would prefer it to be red...

as opposed to green! TMI
Thanks given by:
One.

Dipyourcar.com on YouTube. Watch a few vids no need to mask anything bar the top line.

Spray, then on the finally coat remove the top masking and it should leave a crisp line need about 4 layers of dip so maybe two cans just to be safe.

Then plastidip uk for the cans.
Thanks given by:
VHT Vinyl spray!

best there is on the market!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vinyl Wrap Removal Toms306 1 879 01-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  Vinyl dye RED gti pugtk 3 1,229 09-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Last Post: John1.4