bigger turbo for the hdi
Can anyone tell me a turbo that I can get that would be most suited for the hdi
Thanks given by:
You need to do some research mate... use the search button for starters
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
GTA4502V

Popcorn

nah but seriously, i'd suggest reading around. there's no "bolt on" upgrade. Check out jonny1289111011927348721 thread with his HDi estate and turbo upgradee.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Lots of people seem to be swaying towards the GT20s these days, worth looking into
Thanks given by:
£800 phhhh naa
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 12:53 PM)dan wiltshire Wrote: £800 phhhh naa

for...?
Thanks given by:
search read search and read some more

one turbo for one person will not be right for the next
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Gt20. Im not sure of its because im using a phone to search but comes up with nothing found?.
Thanks given by:
sorry, £800 for a gt20 ???? Confused
Thanks given by:
Yeah ebay lol

Thats the garret turbo yeah?
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 01:02 PM)dan wiltshire Wrote: Yeah ebay lol

Thats the garret turbo yeah?

[Image: facedesk.jpg]

Yes it is a garrett - i'd give you advice, don't buy brand new turbos if you;re budget isnt £800
Thanks given by:
Lol ill have a search to see what cars have them then ask people breaking that car I guess?
Thanks given by:
http://www.dieselevante.it/

do some research as to what you need and want.......will you need a new map, a FMIC, likely a different clutch etc etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Depends what you want from the car, and not power figure either but driving style, bigger turbo - lag - and you dont have many revs to play with on a diesel engine before the power drops off, well safely play with imo anyway!

GT20 is definately a viable option but its not a direct bolt on. You could always ask some turbo companies how much they would charge to hybrid say a GT15, modify the hotside, 360 bearings, uprated turbine, compressor etc etc. This is what id want - i love the quick spool but would like it to hold on right thru to 4.5/5k.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
A GT15 hybrid still wouldn't blow to 5k, still not big enough really.. if you want quick spool and power throughout the revs then it's gotta be a VNT turbo
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 01:59 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: A GT15 hybrid still wouldn't blow to 5k, still not big enough really.. if you want quick spool and power throughout the revs then it's gotta be a VNT turbo

...and with HDi sensors isn't as difficult to electronicallt control than the more common mechanical diesels.
Thanks given by:
The standard ECU can do boost control, just has to be enabled and a vac solenoid connected (and mapped obviously).. that's how TB's car does VNT anyway
Thanks given by:
Ill pass on VNT. To much faffing.

midnightclub it doesnt have to blow to 5k for me- if it comes on boost mega sharp at say 2k and holds to 4 -4.5k id rather this with the mega torque that comes with the early spool than wait for say 2.5/3k and rev up to 5k.

Id much rather go down spec'ing my own hybrid route, or just telling the guy bulding it what i want from it. Look how reliable JP's GT25 Hybrid was, even at 200+bhp and that spooled up uber quick, felt like a stock blower lag-wise.

Depends what the OP requires but for the price of a GT20 even i be thinking, meh....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Jonny's gt20 spools almost as quick as a gt15 and you womt get the stupid emps that you will with a stock turbo. People have looked into machining out a gt15 hotside and theres not much to play with, certainly not enough to be worth the cost of doing it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 02:26 PM)Arron Wrote: Ill pass on VNT. To much faffing.

midnightclub it doesnt have to blow to 5k for me- if it comes on boost mega sharp at say 2k and holds to 4 -4.5k id rather this with the mega torque that comes with the early spool than wait for say 2.5/3k and rev up to 5k.

Id much rather go down spec'ing my own hybrid route, or just telling the guy bulding it what i want from it. Look how reliable JP's GT25 Hybrid was, even at 200+bhp and that spooled up uber quick, felt like a stock blower lag-wise.

Depends what the OP requires but for the price of a GT20 even i be thinking, meh....

JPs GT25 hybrid was 200hp for one dyno run... Which even he has pointed out.

If you want a turbo like that just get a gt2052s or a 2056s... The whole lag problem that people have with TD04s etc is as im sure ive pointed out before is due to the large hotsides... Notice that a TD04l 13t is a 54mm compressor, a GT2056s is a 56mm and yet it spools almost as good as stock, thats due to the fact its more modern and because the hotside isnt off a petrol which has to move air at 6500rpm....

People seriously need to stop going "x has this turbo and its laggy therefore it must be useless" and only knowing its like a T25 which says nothing about the specs of the turbo...

For example, I have a GT1752s on at the moment, I can guarantee its laggier than any GT20, 22 or 25 with a small hotside... Yet you could find a GT15 off a massive low boost petrol thatll be laggier than a TD04HL!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Amen.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Just fit 2 k03's yeah? be well quick then
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Bigger turbo talk iigodiix 5 1,260 11-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Poodle