advice needed { white smoke }

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice needed { white smoke }
when i first start the car from cold its puffing white smoke and when i drive of it will sort of miss fire,engine sounds abit tappity...i know these are abit noisy anway but was wondering if its linked in anyway.i will upload a video tomoz.
Thanks given by:
I think most xud's puff white smoke when they start from cold. If it doesn't sort itself out after a good rev, then you may have a problem. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Possible dead glowplug. White smoke is unburned fuel from a cylinder that isn't firing when cold hence the lumpy idle
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Like this? Big Grin

http://youtu.be/MegWGbf5CpU
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 04:09 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Possible dead glowplug. White smoke is unburned fuel from a cylinder that isn't firing when cold hence the lumpy idle

Yeah, tbh that's probably why mine smokes from cold, I've not changed the plugs, had the car just over a year now, and i don't know when they were last done. Should probably do them sometime. lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 04:09 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Possible dead glowplug. White smoke is unburned fuel from a cylinder that isn't firing when cold hence the lumpy idle

Mine does this and it's got new Bosch duratherms...
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=san-GD8tbv0
this is it,colder morning are a lot worse and when i rev it it pores out.
i will get some new plugs then and see what happens.
thanks for the advice men.
Thanks given by:
Either glow plugs or somewhere in the fuel system is letting air in. Prime the hand pump and listen for whistling etc...

Does the coolant pressurise?
Thanks given by:
the fuel pipes are tight so no leaks their,hopefully its just the glow plus.should have them delivered and fitted by the weekend.
what do u mean does the coolant pressurise ?
Thanks given by:
changed glow plugs and no change but i noticed one of the injectors were covered in diesel and the lines to it are tight,good excuse to get my bosch pump and injectors fitted but ain't got the cash at the moment due to moving.
Thanks given by:
could be leak off pipes causing that diesel on the injector and stuttering due to air coming in

but if its just a bit of white smoke without stuttering and no blue/black smoke then that could be just due to the cold weather...you will see a lot of cars with little bit of white smoke out the rear during cold weather, its normal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
never seen it smoke like this before and its just white.drives fine thow.
Thanks given by:
whats the condition of the leak off pipes like?
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 03:24 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: whats the condition of the leak off pipes like?
look a bit perished tbh.the garage who tried to fit my bosch pump & injectors could'nt get it to run right so they put the lucas pump back on and the old leak off pipes so that may be the problem.gonna grab a length of pipe and see what happens till i can afford to get my bosch and td04 onn Smile
Thanks given by:
just do it yaself mate...
if the pump and injectors worked before then it should be fine...it aint rocket science!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i can change the bosch and injectors but not the cambelt,don't wanna f*ck it up.i got a standard pump works fine and one with lda and gov mod but the vains are stuck and i aint messing with that.tom is gonna do it but im waiting to move to a new house so money is tight atm.
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 05:04 PM)bayley Wrote:
(25-03-2013, 03:24 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: whats the condition of the leak off pipes like?
look a bit perished tbh.the garage who tried to fit my bosch pump & injectors could'nt get it to run right so they put the lucas pump back on and the old leak off pipes so that may be the problem.gonna grab a length of pipe and see what happens till i can afford to get my bosch and td04 onn Smile

sounds like they didnt move pump studs if they couldnt get it to run right .
Thanks given by:
you currently running a lucus?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I am and have epic smoke as you can see above, why Jammy?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
they did'nt try it with my bosch plate bracket they used the lucas with the bosch pump on so it sits different but the bloke would'nt have it.got a lucas on running 25psi k14 turbo atm.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xud9 White smoke and primer wont stay hard Donny165 5 2,554 13-07-2020, 12:22 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Rough startup....smoke.. lots of smoke.. toseland 8 3,958 17-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: madmadmax
  White Smoke - New Engine? silverzx 29 7,220 20-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel