Battery in the boot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery in the boot
Got myself a battery cable from a beema this weekend for the grand total of £3 (love my local scrappy). Just wondering where the best way to route it is, its too short to go from the standard location to the other side of the engine bay where the grommet is by the break servo then down the o/s of the car. Is there anywhere on the n/s that I can rout the cable into?

I'm thinking taking it down into the wheel arch then drilling a hole in through the passenger foot well then along the inside of the door sill to the boot.

The other option is under the car but don't really want to do that is possible.

how have you lots done yours?

Cheers chaps
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
mines cable tied to brake pipes
Thanks given by:
Drill a hole in the bulkhead with a grommit? Or like Sean said run it under the car Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 10:33 PM)Just Sean Wrote: mines cable tied to brake pipes

this. Get some cable armour (£5 for 10m from screwfix) and run it under the car.

Just remember to vent the battery to the outside (should be a little hole somewhere on top where you can attach a small hose). Battery fumes can rust metal and sometimes be harmful!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I drilled a hole behind the dash on passenger side then ran cable through the wheel arch and along the sill inside the car to the boot. Definatly use decent gromets as its just asking for a fire otherwise
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the heads up, I'll get on it this week!

Got loads of grommets, armour sounds like a good idea if it has to go under the car though
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving battery to boot. Matt 9 2,191 28-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Matt
  Boot light draining battery Dreijers 8 2,251 26-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Dreijers
  Flat battery/ can't open at to charge battery Aaron _d95 18 7,873 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: C2K