MOT Rules changing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT Rules changing
There are so many ways around the MOT you would be surprised, A engine change of a different type makes the emissions default to 3.5% CO, Plate Diff mean no brake test on the axle it's fitted too, Child seat fitted means you cannot test the seat or seat belt, Even a missing wheel bolt under some tape is a pass as the tape cannot be removed, Some of them are just plain silly, loads more too
Thanks given by:
Didn't know about the brake test for plate diff cars. I better tell them when my Rallye goes in! Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 06:54 AM)C2K Wrote: Didn't know about the brake test for plate diff cars. I better tell them when my Rallye goes in! Smile

What's it feel like around town bud?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes the Diff's can explode if brake tested
Thanks given by:
Well, I don't know about anyone else... But I'm going to put my car in to my friendly MOT station as it is and hope for the best! It's French anyway so it's always a good policy
Thanks given by:
Anyone had theirs mot'd yet? The document Phil linked to harms disappeared.
Thanks given by:
i had the mot on the sedan today, failed on emissions as they tested it as a 1905cc
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 10:45 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: i had the mot on the sedan today, failed on emissions as they tested it as a 1905cc

It shouldn't matter what engine size the tested it for. It just measures the amount of smoke.
Thanks given by:
Thats bull about the child seat as they can refuse to test your car if one is in there i know this as they refused my brothers car for having a booster seat in the back
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 11:24 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Thats bull about the child seat as they can refuse to test your car if one is in there i know this as they refused my brothers car for having a booster seat in the back

They shouldn't refuse to test it cuz of a child seat fitted. They should just advise it as the seat belt can't be fully inspected!
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 10:58 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(01-08-2013, 10:45 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: i had the mot on the sedan today, failed on emissions as they tested it as a 1905cc

It shouldn't matter what engine size the tested it for. It just measures the amount of smoke.

got a mighty 3.5 /m lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Frosty's right on both counts there, if they refused to test it i hope he got his fee back, sounds like he needs to change testing station anyway lol. For any 11mm people, i'd highly recommend turning the fuel down or fitting a temporary throttle-stop, only way to ensure it won't coal out the testing station, which wo9n't do you any favours for the rest of the test either. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 11:42 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(01-08-2013, 11:24 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Thats bull about the child seat as they can refuse to test your car if one is in there i know this as they refused my brothers car for having a booster seat in the back

They shouldn't refuse to test it cuz of a child seat fitted. They should just advise it as the seat belt can't be fully inspected!

They can refuse to do anything they dont have to take the work no point testing it with the seat in if there gunna fail it cus they cant test the.seatbelt. and as for getting your money back if your paying befor the work is done id go somewere else iv never herd of paying for an mot befor its done
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Well obviously you seem to know best but as far as I'm aware I'm pretty sure like I have said a car can't be refused just cuz of it having a child seat fitted! It just gets advised! If it did get refused I would be thinking that maybe not a good choice of mot test station to take it to!!
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2013, 09:03 PM)Frosty Wrote: Well obviously you seem to know best but as far as I'm aware I'm pretty sure like I have said a car can't be refused just cuz of it having a child seat fitted! It just gets advised! If it did get refused I would be thinking that maybe not a good choice of mot test station to take it to!!

Mate im not starting an argument cus i know as well.as others probbly do that they test the seatbelts so my babys seat comes out before an mot anyway non the less it didnt happen to me i was just saying it happend to my brother every test station has rules they must follow and im asuming that that was one of there rules...or just being curtious by saying they will not test it unless its removed saves the hassel...
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Still sound like he needs a new tester, if thats a rule its an in-house one.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 05:54 AM)Poodle Wrote: Still sound like he needs a new tester, if thats a rule its an in-house one.

Lol i did say this to him but he is a twat lol may be my brother but i dont have to like him lol..
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
It passed mot. We talked about the technical notification regarding excessively modified vehicles and he looked it up and was fine with it. Sound tester and legit mot.

Would still appreciate a copy of anyone saved it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rules on selling a new contract phone? Redordead89 6 1,321 06-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Rules on JSA? rtha6551 3 1,322 22-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  CAT D Vehicle rules/paperwork? ginge191 23 5,916 03-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Last Post: procta