Keyed Car Damage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyed Car Damage
Hi All

Someone decided to last night key the passenger side of my car .
Any ideas of how to repair it ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Find the lady garden who did it and make them suffer , not sure on how to repair the damage though, feel for you though
Thanks given by:
That's too deep to be salvageable. Only thing you can do is get some cutting compound on the lighter parts, rule of thumb is if it catches your nail as you run across it then it's too deep.

Touch up sticks are available, but unless you get someone in the know to do it or at least do it properly, it'll look worse.

Only way to fix it is a respray.
Thanks given by:
yeah...I had a mate that the same happened....basically writes the car off

little buggers
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
respray or new panels, luckily they didnt go as far as the quarter panel.

mine got keyed on the wing a while back, i rubbed it down lightly then filled and repainted it, you can still see where it was but im changing the wing soon
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I have been quoted £400 to have those three panels resprayed.

(14-03-2013, 04:50 PM)aaron_one Wrote: Find the lady garden who did it and make them suffer , not sure on how to repair the damage though, feel for you though

Lol . Thanks

(14-03-2013, 04:50 PM)Curt Wrote: That's too deep to be salvageable. Only thing you can do is get some cutting compound on the lighter parts, rule of thumb is if it catches your nail as you run across it then it's too deep.

Touch up sticks are available, but unless you get someone in the know to do it or at least do it properly, it'll look worse.

Only way to fix it is a respray.

Yh i think respray is the only option time to start saving.

(14-03-2013, 04:56 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: yeah...I had a mate that the same happened....basically writes the car off

little buggers

Yh little buggers who ever did it .
Thanks given by:
Roller the whole car

/selftroll
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Flame stickers down the side of the car Smile

if its into the primer or into the metal you will never match it bad luck Sad

someone dont like you!
Thanks given by:
Yh i know i will never match it think respray is the only way.
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2013, 06:26 PM)Herby7 Wrote: Yh i know i will never match it think respray is the only way.

Try see if there is anyone breaking the same colour on ebay or local scrappies it will be cheaper to buy 2 new doors and a new wing than to pay for a respray that might not even match perfect

When my car doors got bent in an attempted break in it only cost me £80 for 2 whole doors with glass and doorcards, try that before a respray mate as changing the doors is piss easy
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2013, 09:25 PM)Strikeforce Wrote:
(14-03-2013, 06:26 PM)Herby7 Wrote: Yh i know i will never match it think respray is the only way.

Try see if there is anyone breaking the same colour on ebay or local scrappies it will be cheaper to buy 2 new doors and a new wing than to pay for a respray that might not even match perfect

When my car doors got bent in an attempted break in it only cost me £80 for 2 whole doors with glass and doorcards, try that before a respray mate as changing the doors is piss easy

Yh i wanted to do that but not got any breakers near me as they have all closed down and my colour is not a mainstream colour not many around now. Only a few on ebay but not near me.
Thanks given by:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/sh...p?t=112082

May be of some help? have to be know what your doing and depends on how deep the scratch is
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Those scratches are MUCH shallower though unfortunately
Thanks given by:
Thanks all for the advice going to see what my mechanic friend says on Monday .
If he cant suggest anything else then it will be respray and will have to start saving for that.
Thanks given by:
Mate i feel for ya, Somebody got it in for ya locally??

Cut it back with some compound, sand it back and fill it where it's needed. Use a touch up pen and sand back lightly to merge it in with the paint surrounding it. Then Lacquer it to protect it. Sand it lightly again and then cut it back to try and match it in with the rest of the paint.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2013, 07:44 PM)Rich306 Wrote: Mate i feel for ya, Somebody got it in for ya locally??

Cut it back with some compound, sand it back and fill it where it's needed. Use a touch up pen and sand back lightly to merge it in with the paint surrounding it. Then Lacquer it to protect it. Sand it lightly again and then cut it back to try and match it in with the rest of the paint.

Thanks. Lol i dont think so . Its was probs becuase my car was on the pavement.
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2013, 08:22 PM)Herby7 Wrote:
(16-03-2013, 07:44 PM)Rich306 Wrote: Mate i feel for ya, Somebody got it in for ya locally??

Still no excuse for them to damage your car... I'd go f*cking mental if someone touched my Rallye!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2013, 08:37 PM)Rich306 Wrote:
(16-03-2013, 08:22 PM)Herby7 Wrote:

Still no excuse for them to damage your car... I'd go f*cking mental if someone touched my Rallye!

I am not happy about it but theres not much i can do . Thanks for the advice not sure if it will work on it .
Thanks given by:
respraying it is the only way. You may be able to replace the doors and the wing cheaper than a respray but its still hassle!
Thanks given by:
Why would they scribble on your car with a key!

Thats probably a few hundred pound in a bodyshop

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 04:56 PM)SRowell Wrote: respraying it is the only way. You may be able to replace the doors and the wing cheaper than a respray but its still hassle!

Respray is the only way . Very few 306's in venetian green to be able to get replacement ones .

(18-03-2013, 05:07 PM)Arron Wrote: Why would they scribble on your car with a key!

Thats probably a few hundred pound in a bodyshop

No idea why.

I got the price down to £350 for the respray .
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OH NO!!! Front chassis leg damage. lpr1981 15 7,084 10-04-2015, 07:14 AM
Last Post: daddyfixit
  Keyed Car Damage Herby7 19 6,288 14-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Herby7
  More battle damage and a nasty scare Gaz85 18 3,141 20-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Gaz85