Admiral Insurance - FMIC not allowed!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admiral Insurance - FMIC not allowed!?
Jonny b Wrote:Just do you know I pay less than

£400 on my stripped s16 all mods declared like for like drive another car yadah yadah yadah ha ha

Oh the joys of being old ha ha

Lucky old git haha! lol

How old are you btw? You often say you're old but...how old lol?
Thanks given by:
Mine is £460 IIRC, all mods declared, 150BHP,

The top and bottom of it is that Admiral are shit Tom lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Mine is £460 IIRC, all mods declared, 150BHP,

The top and bottom of it is that Admiral are shit FOR MODSTom lol

Edited for you as they're not bad for standard...infact they've been cheapest std for 2years now. Wink

Who are you with (let me guess, brentacre??) and how old are you...about 25iirc?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Edited for you as they're not bad for standard...infact they've been cheapest std for 2years now. Wink

Who are you with (let me guess, brentacre??) and how old are you...about 25iirc?

They were shit for me without mods too, and the fact that for a standard car they wanted to go from £800 ish to over £1000......... I'm sorry, is it not supposed to get cheaper as you get older and get more no claims?!

And yes its through Brentacre and I will be 26 in March :dance:
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Edited for you as they're not bad for standard...infact they've been cheapest std for 2years now. Wink

They were shit for me without mods too, and the fact that for a standard car they wanted to go from £800 ish to over £1000......... I'm sorry, is it not supposed to get cheaper as you get older and get more no claims?!

And yes its through Brentacre and I will be 26 in March :dance:

Maybe they're better for younger drivers then (18-21)? Oh and no, every year my renewal price with each insurer has gone up...hence changing every year lol....

And haha, thought it would be! Big Grin

Btw, I just tried a quote on your car ( ninja 'd the plate from the photography thread) - £700 standard for me - the golf is just over £1000 standard for me (yes thats £100 more than last year lol) And your car lowered, with non standard alloys and a chip came to £974 for me lol...........hmm, if only I liked XUD phase 2s! lmao
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Maybe they're better for younger drivers then (18-21)? Oh and no, every year my renewal price with each insurer has gone up...hence changing every year lol....

Btw, I just tried a quote on your car ( ninja 'd the plate from the photography thread) - £700 standard for me - the golf is just over £1000 standard for me (yes thats £100 more than last year lol) And your car lowered, with non standard alloys and a chip came to £974 for me lol...........hmm, if only I liked XUD phase 2s! lmao

You will do well to "chip" and XUD though, its declared as big turbo, FMIC, pump mods, induction mods, lowered ~100mm, exhaust, smoothed bumper & boot, GTi interior, stereo alloy wheels and anything else I have missed on a like for like basis where most insurers will only replace things with standard parts if you have an accident..............

Plus its obviously going to be cheaper than the golf, its about twice the age with less power and worth about half as much in standard form lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Cost me like £60 to declare lowering and wheels with admiral lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Cost me like £60 to declare lowering and wheels with admiral lol

They clearly just don't like Tom lmao

I can insure my care with Brentacre modified with everything declared cheaper than I can though Admiral as a standard car..................go figure!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Surprisingly brent couldnt touch admiral for me :/
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Maybe they're better for younger drivers then (18-21)? Oh and no, every year my renewal price with each insurer has gone up...hence changing every year lol....

You will do well to "chip" and XUD though, its declared as big turbo, FMIC, pump mods, induction mods, lowered ~100mm, exhaust, smoothed bumper & boot, GTi interior, stereo alloy wheels and anything else I have missed on a like for like basis where most insurers will only replace things with standard parts if you have an accident..............

Plus its obviously going to be cheaper than the golf, its about twice the age with less power and worth about half as much in standard form lol

I used chip cos obv that covers power increase but you cant add fmic (as the title of the thread! Tongue ), and they won't do it on turbocharger without phoning either lol...but you see the point...............the MODS for your car are a lot cheaper than the same on mine. :?

Its not twice the age....the golf is a 2001 lol. and anything over 10 years old seems to be cheaper (mines now 11...)..........and the power increase on yours gives it more bhp than the standard golf (only just, seeing as its same for 130 and 150 tdi Tongue )...but still insurance is ridiculous. Doh
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Cost me like £60 to declare lowering and wheels with admiral lol

They clearly just don't like Tom lmao

Hmm, Connor must be old too..... :?

And you're right Mark, I can't see why they don't like me though.........in 3 of driving years I've spent ~£4300 on insurance alone! f*ck...it looks bad when you add it all up. :o

Wouldn't mind if I lived in a shit area (got A postcode), crashed every weekend (never crashed yet), and had 9 points for driving like a cock or something (no points at all)....................... Why should I be tarred with the same brush as all the other young lads? :evil:
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Surprisingly brent couldnt touch admiral for me :/

Oh....well thats odd! Not enough mods for Brent' maybe??
Thanks given by:
Hahaha Im a 21year old mechanic, with 6 points and my car is parked on the street in a bad area lol
Thanks given by:
No mods dont really matter with brent apart from power increases, told me I could do anything I wanted and it wouldnt matter, bloke on the phone even said I could chop it in half and extend it by 6feet and it wouldnt make a difference lol
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Hahaha Im a 21year old mechanic, with 6 points and my car is parked on the street in a bad area lol

Really? FFS!! Mechanic is like the worst thing you can do (after student)....good thing I'm still a shop assistant...well I do assist shops by buying stuff from them lol. whistle Will have to put student in May if I still havent got anything, unless 'unemployed' comes up cheaper....sigh....but hopefully I'll have a proper job by then. Sad
Thanks given by:
*on the phone to admiral trying to add an intercooler to my policy*
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:*on the phone to admiral trying to add an intercooler to my policy*

I bloody hope you can't! Confusednooty: Tongue
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Haha, admiral's such a pain in the ass!

My Uncle actually knows the owner of Admiral so might ask him to ask about FMIC's lol..........but I doubt the company owner knows anything about the actual policies tbh lol.
Thanks given by:
Nearly 37 bud hopefully it will drop again at 40 got to be some plus's to Being an old got ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Nearly 37 bud hopefully it will drop again at 40 got to be some plus's to Being an old got ha ha

Thats not old haha! Tongue

But you know it goes up again when you get to retirement age lol.............enjoy it while you can! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Did you actually try tiger tom?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Did you actually try tiger tom?

Yeah I did, its in the thread somewhere....cheapest quote was over 4 grand... lmao

But its a broker, so who are you actually with through tiger??
Thanks given by:
Company which always comes up best for me was premium choice.. Money supermarket was giving me quotes of 4k.. tried tiger and £1087 was my first quote.. I've got a feeling it's because i've owned the car for 2 years as no other quotes i do on other cars can even come close
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looky what I just found...
[Image: Untitled-9.png]
Thanks given by:
But then I clicked next and it said "we do not offer this modification" lol then why list it? lol
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:But then I clicked next and it said "we do not offer this modification" lol then why list it? lol

I wrote this in the first post!! Didn't you even bother reading the first post haha! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Course I read it... Just now lol
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Company which always comes up best for me was premium choice.. Money supermarket was giving me quotes of 4k.. tried tiger and £1087 was my first quote.. I've got a feeling it's because i've owned the car for 2 years as no other quotes i do on other cars can even come close

Aaaaaah, that may be why! I've owned mine for ages now (just over 7 months lol) but will be looking for another before renewal! lol
Thanks given by:
Quote:Nearly 37 bud hopefully it will drop again at 40 got to be some plus's to Being an old got ha ha

They will be giving you a bus pass and putting your insurance back up again soon you old bastard lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  admiral/elephant online not taking payment? rtha6551 7 1,987 16-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  Some people shouldn't be allowed near cars! Dum-Dum 37 15,080 27-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  f*cking Admiral wankers! Niall 6 3,177 20-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Last Post: sam