Admiral Insurance - FMIC not allowed!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admiral Insurance - FMIC not allowed!?
Hi all,

If theres an insurance section on here I couldn't find it lol.........anyways.......

Just tried some mod quotes (assuming 3yrs ncb would allow me mods for sensible prices...) but not liking the results!

Basically

Lowering - £200
Chip (assume that covers remap) - £250
IC changes - Can't insure those - so why the hell are they an option then??

WTF?? Why does it STILL cost so much for mods? And why won't they insure FMICs if there's a bloody option for them on thier site!? :blink:

How much do mods cost other people? Anyone else with admiral? Or do you guys just not bother declaring stuff?

Tom
Thanks given by:
Im with Bell. 2 years NCB and experience at 19. £690 fully comp everything declared (Lowered, Exhaust, Induction kit, Upgraded brakes, Smoothed and debadged).
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Use tiger.co.uk tom

All mods declared for me on my car is £1100
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt declare a fmic if I had already declared engine remap/chip/power increase. As far as I can see if you are insured for upto xxx bhp, it shouldnt matter what you have done to get to that, FMIC, bigger injectors, uprated fuel pump, air filter, forged rods etc, as they are engine mods which should be covered under the power increase, surely?
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:I wouldnt declare a fmic if I had already declared engine remap/chip/power increase. As far as I can see if you are insured for upto xxx bhp, it shouldnt matter what you have done to get to that, FMIC, bigger injectors, uprated fuel pump, air filter, forged rods etc, as they are engine mods which should be covered under the power increase, surely?

Some companies do it on BHP some don't..

Tiger listed the individual mods and i selected them all.. after the first mod i selected the price didn't change.. even when i added 26% + power (chip) and fmic
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah it's done with chip and percentage increase Dan - So I'd be looking at about 25% increase I think.

Will try Tiger now Danny....and Jim, lucky bugger, wish I'd kept the 1.4 if insurance is that cheap lol!!
Thanks given by:
Either way why the hell you looking at admiral?

go compare, get the best price, then go, in this order to Chris Knott, Adrian Flux & Brentacre, quoting the pevious insureres cheapest price each time.

You'll get it for a song with Brentacre, trust me Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ye it is one advantage to having a 1.4! Just have a shop around! You tried Adrian Flux?
Thanks given by:
Already with admiral until May........so may have to accidently break the SMIC......and unfortunately the only avalable replacement would be an FMIC. ninja

But seriously, I wouldn't do anything undeclared.

I don't want my insurance to jump too much when I renew though which is why I'm looking around the insurance websites but don't wanna phone any just yet, and iirc btentacre are phone only....will deffo try them when I actually come to renew them though. Smile
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Ye it is one advantage to having a 1.4! Just have a shop around! You tried Adrian Flux?

My 1.4 cost me £1800 to insure two years ago!! lmao

Then the 1.8 only cost £800 the following the year!

The standard(ish) golf cost £900 for this year (with breakdown too)

But some changes will be made to the actual car, and the mods, in the next few months. ninja

Havent bothered with flux since they wanted £2400 for renewal lol....believe it or not, the £1800 was actually the cheapest I could find that year!!
Thanks given by:
Ye first year my insurance was like £1960! Haha. What car you putting the FMIC on? The golf or you getting a HDi?
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Ye first year my insurance was like £1960! Haha. What car you putting the FMIC on? The golf or you getting a HDi?

My first year of insurance was only £1500 when Flux were still good! But that was on a pov spec '97 1.4 Miami lol.......

I will not be putting an FMIC on the current golf, I guarantee that. However, the next car is still undecided atm ninja .........will have to see how much money I get for my Bday as well. Wink
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. What cars do you have in mind?
Thanks given by:
£200 for lowering lmao it was £40 not long ago
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Check my thread on .net, they told me they couldn't insure an FMIC too.
Thanks given by:
ive never thought of declairing mods. maybe i should.
no wondered it not even £400 a year.
their are some good points from being 36 and only drive a 1.6.
thats about all though Sad
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get to Brentacre, they've said I can mod it up to 240 bhp before I declare anything (which is more than I'm aiming for tbh) and mods that don't increase power are no extra Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Is there no multi quote on here? :?

Anyway -

@Jim - Well....it's gotta be diesel for the mpgz, gotta have atleast 150bhp (when I'm finished with it), 5doors, a decent colour for polishing...not silver!!, and must have a decent spec........May stick with the PD engined cars (Golf, bora, octavia, leon, A3 etc (probably not the galaxy or sharan though lol)) or may go for something totally different.....the more people I talk to about it all suggest totally different ideas haha!! So you'll have to wait and see.

@Matt - It was over £400 to add lowering for my second year of insurance

@Cheez - will have a quick look then, cheers

@Kingy - Erm, yeah you probably should declare some lol......
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Get to Brentacre, they've said I can mod it up to 240 bhp before I declare anything (which is more than I'm aiming for tbh) and mods that don't increase power are no extra Smile

Cool, sounds good. As said above will definitly try them when I come to renew in May. Smile
Thanks given by:
On tiger now....didnt realise it was a broker, so who are you actually with Danny?

Also wtf are 'Bar Ends' in the mod list!? lmao

And lol'd at the 'sticker indicating improved performace'...so that means you have to declare those 'this adds 5bhp' stickers lol.....
Thanks given by:
They don't like FMIC because you can usually see them through the front of the car - think of all the tarted up Corsas and VW's you see with a great big FMIC and the bumper cut so you can see it (and sometimes not even plumbed in), it just screams 'look at me!' to joyriders.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:They don't like FMIC because you can usually see them through the front of the car - think of all the tarted up Corsas and VW's you see with a great big FMIC and the bumper cut so you can see it (and sometimes not even plumbed in), it just screams 'look at me!' to joyriders.

I can assure you mine will not be visible. Wink I can't stand them sticking through the bumper!! (No offense to half the puggers that have them like that! lmao )
Thanks given by:
I'm on the family multicar with Admiral, and I've been quoted £800 for the year when I renew.

The guy asked for a percentage of power increase, I was like erm.. 80%?? He then said it would go as 25% or over as that is the max on his system.

I told him about the FMIC and he said it's just BHP figures that they care about.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Jonny81191 Wrote:I'm on the family multicar with Admiral, and I've been quoted £800 for the year when I renew.

The guy asked for a percentage of power increase, I was like erm.. 80%?? He then said it would go as 25% or over as that is the max on his system.

I told him about the FMIC and he said it's just BHP figures that they care about.

Ah now thats interesting! :think: So if I just whacked it on as 'remap for more mpgz and FMIC cos I broke my original' wonder if they'd just put it down as ~25% incrase...hmm.....

But Mr Cheez had issues with his FMIC even over the phone...... :?
Thanks given by:
Btw my best quote on tiger for my current golf, with a FMIC, chip, decat and lowering was....

Quote:We've tracked down 4 quotes from £4286.18

Quotes based on a YC51 AEZ for Tom S (Main Driver)

lmao
Thanks given by:
I hope the Moonman reads this before he tries putting the FMIC into the hdi... We're with Admiral (living in the wonderful illusion that their multicar policy saves us money...) so this might be relevant for us too... :/
Thanks given by:
MrsMoonstone Wrote:I hope the Moonman reads this before he tries putting the FMIC into the hdi... We're with Admiral (living in the wonderful illusion that their multicar policy saves us money...) so this might be relevant for us too... :/
f*ck em
Fmic that bitch now! Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wow and I though I was getting raped for insurance
Thanks given by:
Just do you know I pay less than

£400 on my stripped s16 all mods declared like for like drive another car yadah yadah yadah ha ha

Oh the joys of being old ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Wow and I though I was getting raped for insurance

Well the standard insurance isn't too bad tbh. Bear in mind my car is group 27! (Which is the same as the 150 despite lacking 20 horses!) Its also deisel, turbo, GT and over 100bhp (all things to raise insurance).......and paid £900 for it inc breakdown....only about £30 more than the 1.8 lol!!

It's just mods that seem to be ruining my quotes...... Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  admiral/elephant online not taking payment? rtha6551 7 1,985 16-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  Some people shouldn't be allowed near cars! Dum-Dum 37 15,033 27-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  f*cking Admiral wankers! Niall 6 3,170 20-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Last Post: sam