Family

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family
Go on, tell us your stories. Anyone else here ever got to the point with family members where you've thought "you know what? Aye we're related in blood, but i want f*ck all to do with you"?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My dads brother decided to rob thousands off my grandad. Family completely disowned them. Wasn't even invited to grand ads funeral, slightly sad really
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
But what's sad about one man stealing from another? Both men came from the same place, but why should it be sad that they evidently worlds apart?
Thanks given by:
Woah, I need to come down before i start on some deep shit
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I'm in the (fortunate in my eyes) position where I only have close family, no distant relatives/cousins etc to deal with. They annoy me enough at the best of times, it's probably for the best lol

Although my dad keeps contacting me through and trying to add me as a friend on Facebook, which is kinda weird and difficult to know what to do when I haven't seen him for around 15 years.
Thanks given by:
My uncle is a lady garden. Basically he has conned my great nan out of about 20k and made her home worthless to sell on.

Wank stain.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well i've a brother and sister (out of a total of 6 of us) that are members of the "look how much nice stuff i have" society. Me, Linzi and wee man are pretty humble, average wages, average house that we make the most of, that kind of thing. They've developed somewhat of a superiority complex and have decided, despite me being 26 now and a father, that i'm immauture enough that they need to get on their high horses and preach about how to converse with certain people.

They haven't taken nicely to me telling them to f*ck off, basically, and have tried the "we're disappointed, we're brothers and sisters, can't believe you're being like this" when to me, they're just people. Born of the same parents, yes, but I don't understand why they should speak to me like i'm retarded and it be acceptable, and that I can't tell them as and when I see fit to mind their own business?
Thanks given by:
In my view its mostly because you'll find their life isn't as fulfilling as they want it to be, so fill it with things that they think will make it fulfilling. This in turn gives them a superiority complex about how much 'better' they are.

I mostly find that it is in fact; jealously. They are jealously that you are comfortable with where are you, how you are going about life and generally don't have to prove anything to anyone.

I personally perfer a down to earth, honest person. Than some lady garden who is stuck so far up their own arse.

/shoebox
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
'You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family'

Every side of my family is completely f*cked up in some way, but you just have to focus on the ones who matter and shut out the twats.
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Hang on, where the f*ck did you come from? That's a perfectly valid post and i'm gobsmacked it came from you? Fooby I mean, not you Kim. I thought you were still stuck in 1998 thinking of Wet Wet Wet jokes.

I think the main issue is that me and Linzi are one of those "alternative" couples. You know, like all the other retards on here, a teency bit anti establishment and non conforming? Whereas the rest of my siblings were raised and bought into the whole "School - degree - job - white wedding - child - grandchild - die" life.

There's been trouble brewing for a while because I don't buy into the whole "we're happy because we have a beautiful house and two cars and lots of shiny things" thing. I believe in the "i've found my best friend in life who's different from everyone else in the world and I wouldn't change it for a thing" thing.

Not to mention i've a good three years more experience than her in being a parent, yet she continues to speak to me like a child. Interesting. She even played the amateur psychologist by suggesting it was in fact me who has an inferiority complex.

No, I just don't suffer morons gladly, regardless of whose vagina we came from.
Thanks given by:
This thread makes me angry.
Don't know how they can be like that Sad
Family is just an easy way of getting f*cked off.

/foreveralone
Thanks given by:
Chris sounds like your family is similar to one side of mine. They don't approve because my parents never made me go to uni. Apparently they think I would of been a failure because I didn't have a degree when realistically, I've done well for my self considering my age and I live in London. They are also disappointed that me and Fiona aren't married with kids. Do they forget how expensive living is at the moment?! f*ck them. We are comfortable so we don't give a shit and you should be under the same impression!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall you're 21 for fucks sake, you're not supposed to be married with kids!!

Argghh I hate that, it's always 'so when are you getting married?' etc etc. Well for a start I don't want marriage and kids, and secondly, when I bloody well like!

/rant

Oh and I am currently listening to 'Angel Eyes' by Wet Wet Wet....
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 11:35 PM)Niall Wrote: Chris sounds like your family is similar to one side of mine. They don't approve because my parents never made me go to uni. Apparently they think I would of been a failure because I didn't have a degree when realistically, I've done well for my self considering my age and I live in London. They are also disappointed that me and Fiona aren't married with kids. Do they forget how expensive living is at the moment?! f*ck them. We are comfortable so we don't give a shit and you should be under the same impression!

Sounds exactly like the problems i'm having. The siblings in question, between them and their partners, are doctors, lawyers, surveyors and accountants.

Meanwhile i'm a humble blue collar Uni dropout working an unskilled job and in a rented house.

Who really gives a f*ck?

Best bit is i've been handed the ultimate insult tonight. Not only have I been unFacebookfriended, i've been Faceblocked too lmao

Give a shit. I never spoke to them anyway, apart from when they wanted to moan at me for something.

Message from my sister today saying "you havent done anything for mothers day, mum is feeling x y z because of it". I only got chance to reply to it when i got off the phone after an hour long conversation with my mum and had to remind her it was mum's wishes that we donated money to charity of her choice to save a child's life rather than spend it on material goods like flowers, cards, chocolates etc.

But in my sister's materialistic world she must have forgotten that, as she bought mum a big bouquet and hotel spa etc.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 11:31 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Hang on, where the f*ck did you come from? That's a perfectly valid post and i'm gobsmacked it came from you? Fooby I mean, not you Kim. I thought you were still stuck in 1998 thinking of Wet Wet Wet jokes.

Woah, for a start. Backstreet boys > Wet Wet Wet.

(10-03-2013, 11:31 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: I think the main issue is that me and Linzi are one of those "alternative" couples. You know, like all the other retards on here, a teency bit anti establishment and non conforming? Whereas the rest of my siblings were raised and bought into the whole "School - degree - job - white wedding - child - grandchild - die" life.

What is wrong with wanting your own Identity? I don't see anything wrong with that. In-fact I believe it takes a stronger, more mature person to do what they want to do. Not what other people like to think they should do.

(10-03-2013, 11:31 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: I don't buy into the whole "we're happy because we have a beautiful house and two cars and lots of shiny things" thing. I believe in the "i've found my best friend in life who's different from everyone else in the world and I wouldn't change it for a thing" thing.

I also do not purchase from the book of bullshit. I prefer, like yourself, the book of real life.

btw, i hate reading.

(10-03-2013, 11:31 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Not to mention i've a good three years more experience than her in being a parent, yet she continues to speak to me like a child. Interesting. She even played the amateur psychologist by suggesting it was in fact me who has an inferiority complex.

No, I just don't suffer morons gladly, regardless of whose vagina we came from.

'Amateur psychologist' lawl, basically trying to think they are smarter and on a higher ground than you, when all they are doing by this "psychology' act is to further prove how much their believe their own shit that they are peddling.

Infinite loop of fail.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
My family isn't so bad. My mum has a few sisters so there's always the he said she said.
My aunti thinks the sun shines out her 27 year old sons arse. Yes he has a job but he literally spends his life in his room on computer games.

My mamma and her mrs piss me off as well which is a shame I used to be close to my mamma. But when I was younger and she got with her mrs it was always rubbed in my face the fact that her kids were very smart and going far in life and I'm going to fail badly because at 7 I didn't know my times tables.
Now her oldest daughter was pregnant at 16 had a second shortly after her boyfriend turned out to be gay and she's not allowed her kids any more. Her son that was uber smart has never worked a day in his life. Spends it all on his computer lives if Jsa.
Here's me the person that was going to fail I got amazing fiancée getting married training to be a manager at work yet i was told I was going to fail life. Smile
We booked our wedding a few weeks ago everyone knows apart from my mamma because everytime I go see her to tell her good news it's just constantly on about her mrs kids so I've given up.

But other than that everyone's great! Grandads always there when needed. My dad always leave me to do what I want as long as I'm happy if I get in trouble with anything then hes always the first one there. Smile
My mum and I ain't as close as when I was younger but that doesn't mean she isn't amazing Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wait Kent don't know if I just mis read that but is your mum a Lino licker?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 12:02 AM)Niall Wrote: Wait Kent don't know if I just mis read that but is your mum a Lino licker?

+1, I thought I read that too. Pics?

Oh btw Niall welcome to the 100+ club xx
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 12:02 AM)Niall Wrote: Wait Kent don't know if I just mis read that but is your mum a Lino licker?

You pair don't miss anything. Smile at least I know your defferntly reading my post Smile.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 12:13 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:

You pair don't miss anything. Smile at least I know your defferntly reading my post Smile.

lmao

That's like when I was in cadets, our CSM told us two write an essay on survival in the wild for the next week. I threw in phrases like "so and so is a butt licker" and I got it handed back with no comment and an A grade. He blates didn't read it lmao
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 12:14 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 12:13 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:

lmao

That's like when I was in cadets, our CSM told us two write an essay on survival in the wild for the next week. I threw in phrases like "so and so is a butt licker" and I got it handed back with no comment and an A grade. He blates didn't read it lmao
Haha!!!

Btw you really don't want pics. My mamma is butch and you don't wanna know about her!!!!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
For some reason I've never got along with my little sister.

She's a benefit sponge with a sprog and another in the oven (fortunately with the same bloke at least). That pisses me off endlessly! I work my bollocks off to rent a nice place, provide for my girlfriend and daughter and making ends meet is f*cking hard work!

She meanwhile has just got back from her second holiday this year, lives in a £1000/month house paid for by the council and doesn't understand the meaning of hard work! You really have to ask yourself if its worth all the hard work and effort when people like her are better off than us. I could've smacked her fella in the chops yesterday for saying "yeah we went into London yesterday y'know, just nice to get away from it all.."

FROM WHAT MOTHERFUCKER? SERIOUSLY? AAAAARGH!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Family is a very sore subject here, haven't seen my mum in 2 years, same goes for two of my sisters, haven't seen my 3 uncles or aunty in a year, haven't seen my nan in like year and a half. Only have seen my grandad is the only one I see.

The rest don't talk or anything, to me or each other. Family fueds are shit
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I don't really talk to my aunties, uncles, grandparents etc etc, just because they all live miles away! Although in very close to mum dad and my brothers Smile
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
I was close to my parents, or so I thought. Now they (well my Dad) have jumped on the bandwagon too, including a message from my Dad today saying I don't show them enough respect, and that I should remove my tongue in cheek mothers day post from Facebook, adding "there is no "or else" attached to that statement.

What a dick. I responded with "is that a demand or a threat?" and he hasn't piped up since. Sticking up for his golden child again I see...
Thanks given by:
Wait, you're only 21 Niall?! I forget you're all barely any older than me lol.

I'm pretty lucky with family, only keep in touch with the direct family (grandmothers, aunties, uncles and cousins), and they're all pretty sound. We're all from pretty humble backgrounds, apart from my Nan who is delightfully middle class lol
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spotify Family Eeyore 8 2,397 04-10-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: ginge191
  Need a PROPER family car haha Sian 48 13,842 26-08-2016, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  New family wagon advice. bashbarnard 57 9,020 09-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Orta