Intermittent Misfire / cutting out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent Misfire / cutting out
(11-03-2013, 02:57 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Yeah but some of the seals in the fuel system don't agree with veg.

The fact it's clearing up to me just says its arteries were getting a bit clogged. Might well be ok once it's had a run on the good stuff.

Besides, derv = POWAHH!

Defo seems to be getting better, have the occasional struggle to start, on next fill up gona run a full tank of straight derv with some injector cleaner, then after that gona run a mix and just run a mix from now on to play it safe and defo derv = more power Smile

The pump/injectors was off a 98k 405 but dont no the history of that so unsure of the pumps history really

Thanks given by:
Don't bother with injector cleaner, not many benefits to be had from it from what i've heard. Just run derv for a bit and make its guts happy
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Injector cleaner dont do much on these, if you want injectors doin see dan about refurbishing hes cheap as chips im on the look for some spare injectors to get re nozzled

But derv all the way for me as dont like when she starts spluttering on veg at 5k
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 06:39 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Injector cleaner dont do much on these, if you want injectors doin see dan about refurbishing hes cheap as chips im on the look for some spare injectors to get re nozzled

But derv all the way for me as dont like when she starts spluttering on veg at 5k

Is it worth getting the refurbed/ new nozzles? What will be the difference from what I got now to what they would be like refurbed and new nozzles??

P.s if ur after some bosch injectors I got two sets for sale Wink

Thanks given by:
Yeah seen them u want like 45 il wait for scrappy i got pump and injecotrs n lines for 45 last time only lookin to pay 20 for them pal thanks for offer tho
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 06:52 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Yeah seen them u want like 45 il wait for scrappy i got pump and injecotrs n lines for 45 last time only lookin to pay 20 for them pal thanks for offer tho

No worrys

Whats the gains then by getting new nozzles and refurbed?

Thanks given by:
Well in my case i think iave one or 2 sticky injectors so smokey as f*ck to start and can head two injectors knocking when cold with screwdriver to ear, so would probably eliminate my smoke and run a bit smoother
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Misfire at idle Chris_90 6 3,104 09-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
Thumbs Down Misfire at light throttle under 2k Paul_13 4 1,304 16-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Paul_13
  starup vid misfire...why? CJ_Derv 6 2,526 20-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv