Radio controlled cars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio controlled cars
Right I'm thinking of getting one of these for a bit of fun what do you guys reccomend
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Don't go Nitro. Go electric brushless.
Nitro is a PITA!!

Got one for sale though hahaha.
Thanks given by:
HPi Baja, 26cc 1/5th scale... I also have one of these for sale soon lol
Thanks given by:
26cc? :O

But seriously. Nitro really is a pain.
Thanks given by:
I so want the baja 1/5th scale but cost to much.

I had a old school tamiya ta03 drift car. I had it sat in a shed before i decided to use it. Highly recomend for drifting. Front mounted motor belt drive 4wd. The cool part is its basicaly 2 gearboxes bolted to a chassis so you can do what i did and buy another front gearbox with the motor mounted and bolt it in place of the rear gearbox and make it run 2 motors for massive sideways fun.

All depends what your looking for tbh if you want a starting point for a fast racer/drifter iv got a "rolling" carbon chassis thats 4wd it needs all electrics,belt and wheels it needs a service £25 and its yours
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
I've a few

Fg Marder
Fg leopard
Ftx punisher

Love them but can't justify keeping 3
Thanks given by:
Flying machines...thats where its at!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have a shitload. Main thing is budget - what do you want to spend?

Tamiya are fantastic quality and the level of detail/customisation is epic. I'm about to finish building a TA03R-S (rear mounted, short-chassis) Porsche from the 90's. never going to race it mind, it's cost too much lol.

I might start a bike thread for my RC cars on here.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I got a thunder tiger vx nitro car. I cant fault it apart from when i have crashed it. They just take a bit of setting up to get them running right but it is rapid! Just need a big open space to use it
Thanks given by:
I have probably 100 to spend next payday or if I can build one buying bits month on month I will have more to spend the car park at work is large but its pitted and rough this is where I will mainly be using it I think
Thanks given by:
£100 should get you an entry-level TT01, there's a huge choice of different bodyshells on this chassis too. Get a kit, build it yourself. Don't be tempted by a ready-to-run car as you won't know how to fix it when you break it!

You can get decent kits for £80-£90. You may have to wait a month and get the radio gear, which can be had for £20ish on a budget (27Mhz). I'd recommend timetunnelmodels as I used to work there, the guy who runs it (Neil) is very knowledgable and will answer any questions you have. They often have deals on too.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
i have a hpi savage and a hpi rs3evo. Both nitro. The rs3evo is lovely and starts well you can pick them up for cheap now. The savage on the other hand has a bigger engine and is brilliant when it works... but its sat in a filing cabinet for years now because the starter one way bearing keeps slipping! Tbh id save go electric.
Thanks given by:
Think electric is the best option for me tbh ill have a look for timetunnelmodels website
Thanks given by:
Search Google for msuk forum friendly forum who will help
Thanks given by:
Ok ill try that mate
Thanks given by:
dont go nitro its too maintanance heavy to keep them running right

but if you do
i have 2 HPI Trophy 1/8th buggys for sale with a good spares pack Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I don't really have the time to keep on top of the nitro cars I know someone who has one and he is always tinkering with it to get it running right
Thanks given by: