New phone time. What do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New phone time. What do you think?
So im wanting a new phone and cant decide between a new windows smart phone thing or nokia lumia.

What do you guys think?
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
Just not the S3..........seems good...but android is its downfall...currently trying to reboot it...AGAIN!

I am heading for the BB Z10....I am being bent towards it by a guy who practically builds phones...and the software...Nokias have had their day...3310 was their best
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever with the S3, not had to reboot it once. Android seems stable as far as I can tell?

My iPhone on the other hand, god I hated that, apps crashing, iOs updates causing it to run slower by the day, and a very user friendly but equally boring GUI.

Heard some good things about the new Nokia though, not heard much about the Windows phone
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 11:15 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: , apps crashing, iOs updates causing it to run slower by the day, and a very user friendly but equally boring GUI.

This describes my S3...

was fine for 12month or so...but getting slower and slower

The OS takes up SO much of the tiny ram its stupid
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
windows and phone don't belong together in the same sentance. not unless it has hugely improved since their last effort.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Android is fantastic. And so is samsung tbh. I have an no issues with my s2. If i could upgrade now i'd have an S3 or HTC One X Plus Smile That my 2p anyway
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
dont do it man...android is still not finished.

This geek showed me the differences between android software and BBs own OS....its like night and day
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Go HTC.

I have a One X and cannot fault it.
Even before mine was rooted it was fast and effective.

Android is the way forward and one day it will be the real world SkyNet.
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 11:27 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: dont do it man...android is still not finished.

This geek showed me the differences between android software and BBs own OS....its like night and day

I almost can't believe I'm reading this. No software is ever finished, I've just started using jelly bean again after being on ios5 for a long time and absolutely love it..
Thanks given by:
Sure.. Sorry, how much of the market share is android and how much is bb..? Yeah... Exactly
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If android is so 'unfinished' why has it absolutley slaughtered BB in the mobile market?
With the BB 10 OS being closed source you can't have been shown the code for each OS either.

The new Galaxy S4 is going to be announced next week, it's looking like it's going to be an absolute monster.
Thanks given by:
Another one for s3 fantastic no problems can't fault android one bit. Never had any problems with my s2 either. I have to confess i love Samsung products
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 11:27 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: dont do it man...android is still not finished.

lmao

HTC/Samsung and Android, can't go wrong.
Thanks given by:
So it would seem more people are for Android than they are IOS or BB.

Winning.
Thanks given by:
iPhone

/thread

/canofworms
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 11:57 PM)Matt Wrote: iPhone

/thread

/canofworms

Twat.
Thanks given by:
BB suck balls IMO
Android is what it is
iOS IPhone ftw
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Depends what your after. If you are white and fluffy then IPhone 5s specs have been leaked so expect that soon

HTC One (note:,different to the one x) is looking to be an awesome phone. 4UP camera (ultra pixels) and 2 speaker bars one top and bottom

Or Samsung galaxy S4 is due to be officially announced on 14th so wait and see what happens
Its runs an xynox 5octa chip set (8cores! Although only 4 at a time and a stunning GPU
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nexus 4 ftmfw.
Thanks given by:
The bb z10 is ment to be awsome, my dads got one at the monent and said its the best phone hes ever used ( sells phones and comunication soloutions for a living) this is after he stopped working with blckberry because he got bored of how they werent keeping up in the market
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 11:27 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: This geek showed me the differences between android software and BBs own OS....its like night and day
Sounds legit.

Android is the way forward in my opinion Smile I'd wait a short while though if you can, as there are a new round of phones due to be announced.
Thanks given by:
S4 ftw

I got a blackberry playbook last night for media player in my car but my nexus 10 wipes the floor with it
Thanks given by:
I got the htc 8x which is a windows phone and i can not fault that pretty sure the new lumia is windows aswell?
Thanks given by:
This 'geek' runs his blackberry on a root system...thinks its in hongkong...quite awesome.

Although...Cant fault the S3 for the camera, videos, watching online HD and music.....

Seams to be behaving itself this morning after 3hours of fault fixing last night...

I LOVE it when its good...rave about it...but hate it when it plays up.
Hmmm.

Certainly would be a iphone chav though
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wait for the S4 announcement next week before you do anything!
I've been iPhone loyal for the past 5 or so years and have the iPhone 5, but I'm dissapointed with it.
I have thought about trying a nexus 4, I don't agree with all this android isn't finished talk at all.
Apps are very important so I think BB and Windows phone are not worth considering until they have a decent library of apps.
Thanks given by:
BB have/had a big problem with people illegally porting apps over from iOS and android.

Obviously they get pulled, but it makes you really worry about the quality control in their market - what else slips through the net?
Viruses, Malware, Adware?
Thanks given by:
Android is like windows, it's runs on nearly anything with any spec made by anyone, it has a large program/app selection, is very customizable and sometimes forgets what it's name was and dies.

But then half the fun on android is the tinkering and trying to make it yours, where ios to me feels a lot more to me like "this is it, dont play with it"

Windows phone is pretty good, had a play on a few of them and housemate has one (nokia 820) very nice spec and runs smooth with no problems just not much of an app store at the moment but give it time
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 09:21 AM)lolsteve Wrote: half the fun on android is the tinkering and trying to make it yours, where ios to me feels a lot more to me like "this is it, dont play with it"
Agreed. On the vast majority of Android phones it is extremely easy to root the phone and to install new a custom rom from the vast selection available on XDA Devs, or even Vanilla Android or CyanogenMod (which is amazing). That said, you don't have to root your phone to get the most out of it. With iOS, it's not so much a case of "is there an app for that?", so much as it is "Will Apple let me do that with my phone?".

There are some obvious benefits to that as you have better compatibility and quality control, but the moment you try to do anything productive with your phone (outside of the realm of making calls, texting or browsing the internet) you can find you're very restricted by what Apple says you can and can't do. I guess I'm a little biased as what I want out of a smartphone is effectively a smaller version of a PC, so being able to open and edit Office documents, browsing the internet, using FTP or streaming music online, and I know on Android a lot of these features are available through free Apps or are already available on the phone from release, while on Apple that's not the case whenever I've looked. I also just prefer the Android OS rather than iOS, and don't get me started on BB or Windows!
Thanks given by:
Had the first iPhone imported from America as my step mum was over there the time or release. It was brilliant phone at the time and loved it! Then I got the 3GS which again was the best phone by far!
Always said it would take something special for me to change. But nothing ever did.
So I got the 4s main reason better camera and quicker phone and its never disappointed me.
When the 5 was announced it was a massive disappointment so I decided to stick with my 4s. My mrs got the 5 and she wishes she never bothered.
I've not orded the galaxy note 2 as everyone keep saying how amazing the s3 is.
I always use my phone for Internet over my laptop(hasn't been used for months) because its quicker to get out check what you want then booting a laptop up.

So for that reason I went for the note 2 as the screen would benifit me. Instead of wasting my money on a galaxy tab.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont really see why anyone wouldnt want android in this day of age, or at least, anyone who is into phones in that way...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New phone time.....what to get?! Piggy 58 5,068 06-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Time for a new phone... Dan! 20 3,320 14-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Hammer time ... no wait MOT time, err same thing! Megamonkey 13 13,496 19-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Megamonkey