sheared wishbone bolt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sheared wishbone bolt?
This is a reaally dumb question but I went to check over the car today and found one of the p bush bolts wouldn't torque up, it felt like it was sprung so I would try to tighten it but it would just go back the original position again. Same would happen if I tried to loosen it so I decided to leave it be.

[Image: 31yKuQcbHBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

It's the one that goes into the rubber so is this anything to worry about?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Needs to be bolted in really and it shouldn't be spinning. Should do up nice and tight. Worst case is a new wishbone is about 25 quid
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've got some new p-bushes can post for a tenner if you need.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:Needs to be bolted in really and it shouldn't be spinning. Should do up nice and tight. Worst case is a new wishbone is about 25 quid

Not really, worst case scenario is it's sheared inside the bush and can't be extracted. Then it's a whole subframe replacement job. Happened to me 6 months ago when investigating a knock, couldn't get the bolt out!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why would you need to replace subframe for that bolt?!
Just undo the other one and take the wishbone off?
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Doh, I was talking about the forward bush
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Doh, I was talking about the forward bush

Even if it's sheared In the subframe, iirc the front nut isn't actually welded to the subframe. It's held in place by a clip I think so you could just remove the t and put a new one In. Might be getting mixed up with the 106 though lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Some subframes it's clipped, early ones are slide in square nuts.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Mine's a slide in square nut at the front on a '98.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wishbone bolt head sheered off when removing dantheman51838 3 1,154 23-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Nath140889
  Wishbone front bush bolt to subframe nut retainer? mattgreene 29 5,138 04-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Last Post: mattgreene
  sheared wheel nut :-( 4WayDiablo 18 3,742 15-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo