2nd car insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd car insurance
Does anybody else insure 2 cars? ie. One for everyday use and another for the weekend, just a fun car? I keep thinking about just using the 306 for fun and getting something else to get to work and back. There's always the thought that this car is going to blow up and I have nothing to fall back on. Also my DT could be so much tidier if it wasn't used everyday!

If you do, does your insurance understand and give you a good deal for two cars?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
i insure the hatch as a 2nd car, limited mileage policy with adrian flux. all mods declared. and your right, does take alot of the stress away only using it as a toy
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 11:13 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: i insure the hatch as a 2nd car, limited mileage policy with adrian flux. all mods declared. and your right, does take alot of the stress away only using it as a toy

do you get a reasonable price being a second car though? as I don't really want to sell my 306 but want my 205 on the road too
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
i pay £800 fully comp for the hatch. heavily modified and im 22. dont think thats too bad really
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
so whats the insurance like on your daily? Will they mirror your no claims?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
im not sure how much the sedan is by itself, but im paying about £170 a month for both cars, mirrored ncb Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That's not bad, my 306 is 750 all declared, if they mirror my no claims an old 106 or 405 or something shouldn't be much at all.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Brentacre, again. Mirrored my no claims and I'm very pleased with them
Thanks given by:
I'm with Adrian flux. Will give them a call, see what's what.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I tried Flux, when I gave them my quote from Brent, they said - "we can't compete with that, sorry".
Thanks given by:
woh...so glad to be 25 now!!

all mods declared inc the 2.1...400 for the year, only 3yrs NCB...

try Brentacre...cant fault them
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2013, 12:12 AM)Curt Wrote: I tried Flux, when I gave them my quote from Brent, they said - "we can't compete with that, sorry".

That's exactly what Brentacre said to me about my Flux quote! lol

And i'm 23 with 3 years no claims, not because I have any accidents or claims, just because I kept changing company in my earlier years of driving.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I insure 2 cars on a admiral policy. Seems to always work out £100 more than just insuring the 6 eles where (both insured as moded aswell)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(27-02-2013, 06:52 AM)puglove Wrote: I insure 2 cars on a admiral policy. Seems to always work out £100 more than just insuring the 6 eles where (both insured as moded aswell)

this sounds good, that much extra I can afford, mines about 400 for the gti at the moment little bit more will be ok then I can keep 2 cars see if they both get used
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Get a online quote before calling then give them a reference and add mods on the phone. Always comes out cheaper for some reason

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Try and blag a motor trade policy, I've got 4 or 5 on mine at the moment.
Thanks given by:
What company you gone with for the motor trade ill be looking at getting one towards the end of the year
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by: