dash clocks!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dash clocks!
Right guys I was feckin around with the drivers loom yesterday because the Window wouldn't open! And as I started driving the clocks and the centre console panel I.E fogs,hazards stoped illuminating. Huh............ So today we took the door off cleaning the connectors two or three times and the windows are working door locks still being a tit!!! And no joy any ideas? Ohhh and already checked fuses and relays
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is the lights behind the temp gauges working at all?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Havent taken out the dash dimmer or unplugged the plug for it from the blanking plate have you?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2013, 09:33 AM)Niall Wrote: Havent taken out the dash dimmer or unplugged the plug for it from the blanking plate have you?

Was gunna mention that if non of the lights were working!

Damn you Wink
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
David I haven't got no lights what so ever Confused but headlights still work, did the phase 1s come with a dash dimmer ? As far as I know I haven't unpluged nuffin I was just. Moving around the door loom Confused
Thanks given by:
The panel on the right hand side with the head light level in it, did you disturb that? Pull it out and you should find a connector either plugged into a blank or hanging around in that area its orange iirc. make sure thats plugged into the blank properly as that is the main feed for the dash lighting. It's where the dimmer would be fitted if you had one. If it was loose and you have knocked perhaps its come off
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Nice one mate I'll check it when I go home Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I check it, its still pluged in but broken from the plastic I'll try my bros one see if it works or not if not then.m.................
Thanks given by:
How you get on ?
Thanks given by:
Not to good willo my speedo don't work my dash lights don't work my centre control panel lights I.E fogs,hazardz don't illumate and the fogs don't come on no more Confused I need to change the light stalk when I get time off next
Thanks given by:
That's the next thing I would have surgested to try hope you get it sorted
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate I'll keep every1 updated
Thanks given by:
Electrics are giving proper issuse didn't drive it for 2days and had to use a jumper pack after that the revs not working lights horn indicators and car cuts out any idea? Anyonee!!!!
Thanks given by:
What have you done Gurj??!
Thanks given by:
check the earth point near the throttle pedle may have broken a wire off Wink
Thanks given by:
Itss french!! And wwhat I done was give it a boschh!!! Thanks to dan but giving me to much electric issues Sad
Thanks given by:
Sometimes the positive terminal comes up as negative any ideas ????
Thanks given by:
How do you mean, Positive coming up as Negative?

I've got a feeling this is an Earthing problem (as was on my 306 NAD). I did at first think it could be a wire/cable has been disturbed when you moved the loom around because the electric windows switches also do have a light feed to illuminate the switches themselves...But after looking at the Haynes Manual, no fuses are associated with your problems. Only thing I can think all of these have in common is an Earth problem.

Also, you may have disturbed cables to/from the fuse box as the drivers door loom runs past the fuse box from what I remember when I did my intermittent relay a few days ago.

Good luck and keep us updated, if you need a hand looking at it give me a shout and I'll try come down.

9/10 times though, 306 electrical problems are Earth related lol.
Thanks given by:
On the battery the postive comes up as a negative sometimes when you do a continuety test! We done the door loom repair the windows and locks are working fine now but not driving the car for 1day battery seems to die we changed the alternator, even when running doesn't show up 14volts Confused where is the main earths on the car we done the big 3 wharer aboutss in london you from? When you connect jump leads it starts up when you take them off it cuts out!!
Thanks given by:
Have you tried a different battery?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Haven't checked the battery yet its still fairly new I'll have to go back to eurocarparts
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 01:26 PM)gurj306 Wrote: On the battery the postive comes up as a negative sometimes when you do a continuety test! We done the door loom repair the windows and locks are working fine now but not driving the car for 1day battery seems to die we changed the alternator, even when running doesn't show up 14volts Confused where is the main earths on the car we done the big 3 wharer aboutss in london you from? When you connect jump leads it starts up when you take them off it cuts out!!

I was gonna say the Sam as Declan, if your battery's polarity is changing then your battery is duff...when you connect the Jump leads the car is getting power from correct polarities, when you remove the leads the power reverts back to the battery.

Main Earths that I know of are on the Chassis leg in front of the battery tray, one from the gearbox to Chassis and near the Bonnet Release lever in the driver's side foot well.

How have you done your Big 3?

I'm in Gants Hill man...
Thanks given by:
I'll be checkin this on friday cheers the big3 positive from battery to altenator 4gauge on top of the standard one the 4gauge going from chassi to gear box then zero gauge going from battery near to the bonnet hinge, ohhh riteee I'm normally down the east side Smile I'll let you know how it goes friday
Thanks given by:
So I still got an issue somewhere I dissconnected the battery and the car cut out. Confused we had changed the altenator and I cleaned the grounds Confused
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dash clocks dec-66 36 7,310 13-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Last Post: KilianManning
  Dash clocks resetting? Frosty 14 3,161 14-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cheapo
  Dash Clocks Help C2K 12 2,947 19-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Last Post: C2K