k14 boost problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
k14 boost problem
Hi folks well the other day changed the oil and filters in my car and thought it would be a good idea to give the turbo a few turns wile I was in there worked a treat for the last couple days boost has went from 13psi to 23psi holdin solid to over 4k.

Went to get some shopping this morning and on the way there it was still boosting to 23psi but on the way home the boost dropped to 15psi there's still some power there but not like before it used to break traction in second I don't think its a problem with boost gauge as I notice I have coal on boost now were as before I didn't checked all the joints etc there all dry no oil around them or no hissing or strange noises.

Would it be possible that the wastegates stuck open slightly?
Thanks given by:
have you checked the screw you adjusted? i had the same problem turned out the lock nut had come off and the screw had vibrated lose and was hanging out. other than that get some airsol that is flamble and spray it over the joints of intercooler if car revs up you no you have a leak.

Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 02:49 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: have you checked the screw you adjusted? i had the same problem turned out the lock nut had come off and the screw had vibrated lose and was hanging out. other than that get some airsol that is flamble and spray it over the joints of intercooler if car revs up you no you have a leak.

Thanks mate top advice now that you mention it I can't mind if I tightend the lock nut silly me that's what you get when your in a rush.

Will wd40 be any good to spray around the joints?
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 03:14 PM)jpderv Wrote:
(22-02-2013, 02:49 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: have you checked the screw you adjusted? i had the same problem turned out the lock nut had come off and the screw had vibrated lose and was hanging out. other than that get some airsol that is flamble and spray it over the joints of intercooler if car revs up you no you have a leak.

Thanks mate top advice now that you mention it I can't mind if I tightend the lock nut silly me that's what you get when your in a rush.

Not sure check to see if its flammable if its not then no good u need something flammable i used carb cleaner

Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 03:14 PM)jpderv Wrote:

Yeah WD40 is fine, I always used it to find my leaks
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dturbo boost problem juz22 10 1,962 24-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Last Post: juz22
  lucas boost compensator problem parrotveasey81 4 1,587 12-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Last Post: parrotveasey81
  Boost Problem GP123 34 7,025 31-12-2012, 12:18 PM