Brentacre

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brentacre
Just want to say a big thumbs up to Gary at Brentacre for sorting my quote out on the meatwagon.

Limited BHP policy, anything else is fine, £750FC for the year.

Need to swap them over as my current insurer have decided they want to ramp the price up to nearly double, considering they started off at £600FC and they now want near £1100FC for the year, ridiculous how one company can say "that's fine, sounds pretty well specced" and another company throws a hissy fit because it's now green?

Will be swapping over on payday when I can afford the deposit on the insurance, but yeah, pleasantly surprised Smile
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Brentacre ftw!!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Another +1 for brentacere here. Very accommodating given I have 9 points too
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's nice to know I can do anything I want and as long as the power doesn't go over 150bhp, tbh I think that's a pretty healthy figure anyway
Thanks given by:
Yep they were great with me too

200hp limit! Do what I like £385 fc

Ha ha I like being an older gentleman
Thanks given by:
Weirdly though they asked if I smoked?

Must be in case a fire damage claim comes in so they can straight away investigate le fagarettes
Thanks given by:
Yeah they've been fantastic for me too. When I first took out my policy on the '6, they said "well they're 167 as standard, so I'll put you on a 180 limit and that gives you something to play with". Didn't even ask!

I also love that they don't care about mods until you increase the power. Phoned them with a massive list for each car, updated, done. The chap said "don't you have anything better to do?" lol.

They're always helpful and a good laugh too.
Thanks given by:
I also can vouch for them...

will be setting it up today after a quote last week...
unreal price...
less than my direct line renewal!!

great service too

FYI...mine is £470 for the year!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Will be giving them a Call. Just waiting my renewal from admiral. Smile.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Only thing that's put me off so far; do they charge an admin fee for changing details about the policy?

I'm coming up to renewal soon, with flux currently, and although they've been pretty good, I wasn't best pleased when they hiked my insurance by £300 when swapping from my Diablo to the Astor with IDENTICAL spec & mods.
However, on the plus, they never charge an admin fee, so I've been able to swap wheels on and off, seats, steering wheel and they've not been fussed provided I've let them know....

Very tempted by Brentacre now though, particularly in light of the above...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Thumbsup for them having amazing customer service..

As for insuring me on my MG ZR TD, its a big nono at £3999.99 lmao
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
No Ed, they don't charge an admin fee for changing shit/adding mods Smile
Thanks given by:
Lol I read that as "changing shit mods" I was about to Don my keyboard warrior armour and prepare an attack lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Saying that, just got a quote from flux for £645 which is cheaper than my current insurers starting price!
Thanks given by:
When I was with flux they wanted £20 for a change, that's one of the reasons I went brentacre.
Thanks given by:
no price for any changes...only for bhp change...

got it sorted...they got it down by another £30 too...150bhp limit
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
150 is perfectly reasonable. mild tune on a big blower, not so ridiculous itll kill something haha
Thanks given by:
yeah...I am aiming for 150 with the 2.1...with the gt1752 think thats reasonable...

its the torque wave I am more interested in...I want gti performance ideally.. so with fiddling...and some mega torque, hope to do it...
will upgrade next year...winter 2013/14 is VNT time
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah Gary at Brentacre was chatting to me about the wagon, saying it sounded a pretty decent spec and was bang on with his estimated bhp and torque figures, refreshing to talk to someone who knows what he's on about!

Just chased up my quote from Flux, they've beaten Brentacre by £100 and monthly payments are much lower as a result. Just a shame I don't have the cash to pay in one go at the mo.

Emailed Brentacre with the quote to see if they can do any better, but Flux are currently winning. They also guaranteed I would NOT be charged any admin fees if I make amendments to the policy ie. change of wheels or other non performance enhancing mods, which is always nice as this will change weekly!
Thanks given by:
brentacre may come back at ya...flux service sucks
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I do have to say I never had an issue with flux just got peed off that price kept going up by ridiculous amounts max no claims and all that! One bloke said its gone up around 15% but they had put £100 on top of a £350 policy lol now Iam no mathmatition but ha ha
Thanks given by:
they are great, done me proud with the metro and with the 306.
Thanks given by:
On my 3rd year with them now, just over £500 in a bad postcode and with that claim that went 50/50 last year, protected NCB, driving other cars even though I'm TPFT, really good service, just can't complain at all, never renewed with anyone before and I've done it twice with them.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Can't fault them myself, great to speak to and very helpful, superb price too.
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
any chance someone can work in a 5% maybe more discount with brentacre??..I mentioned the 306oc and he seemed to make word of knowing it...
just a thought
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah he asked me where I heard about them from, and i mentioned the forum. Sounded like he'd heard it before
Thanks given by:
I've tried for a club discount scheme with Brentacre but it seems they don't really do them! I've been with either them or Flux the last 4 years now though if I remember correctly!

I do know that a fair few people on here are insured with them though Smile
Thanks given by:
Last year it came down between Brent and Flux... And flux won by about £100
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by: