No turnover(gearbox change)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No turnover(gearbox change)
Im just after changing a gearbox in my dw8 berlingo, everything has went fine,started it up a coupe of times,went threw all my gears etc.

I then knocked off the van,topped up my coolant and filled my washer bottle(small usually spillage )

I then went to crank the van over again to bleed the system,the van didnt crank,I previsouly had just left the battery earth sitting loose,so i went to tighten the clamp down, but still nothing

I noticed the my glow plug light would not go on , so i disconnected my battery and reconnected

the speedo jumped up, when i turned ignition on (speedo went back to normal)i would get all my usual lights and the glow plug light would flash on briefly ,then i would not get the glow plug light again

No cranking still, I could take the key out and still have lights on in the dash,
I could disconnect/reconnect the battery and i would have the same symptoms again but then my dash could go completely dead

Ive checked the gearbox earth,fine and the earth at the washer bottle

I have 12v at the starter on the large wire,but when i cross it no sparks,and it doesn't engage

Ive been thinking of reseting the bsi,but don't know the procedure?

ANY IDEAS??Huh
Thanks given by:
try using one jump lead from battery negitive terminal to a earth point on your engine ie lifting eye point my guess leaving the earth wire of you may of burnt through a lot thinner earth wire.
Thanks given by:
turned out to be the gearbox earth,cleaned the new box up with a wire brush
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help 405 wont start/ turnover pug_dturb 3 1,299 16-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: andywhy
  gearbox change snooker147 3 1,524 29-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Danny2009
  Clutch and/or Gearbox change 205 XUD silverzx 8 5,123 16-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Last Post: silverzx