What Next-Generation Supercar for you?

Poll: Which?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Porsche 918
30.77%
4 30.77%
Ferrari F70
15.38%
2 15.38%
McLaren P1
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Next-Generation Supercar for you?
As 'car people' I don't expect to have to write lots or copy-paste loads of information about these cars, since you should already know plenty about them via the internet or car mags. If you don't then hang up your badge on the way out...

So which is for you? They are all hybrid-like cars with mind-boggling numbers for pub-talk but when it comes down to it, if it were your choice which would you have?

Please don't answer based on price since anyone buying one of these really isn't going to have that concern!

Won't put the NSX up here because it's not quite in the same league IMO (as good as it looks/sounds)

Porsche 918
[Image: 918porsche5.png]

Ferrari F70 / F150 (what's the deal here?!) This is a render only, not an official image
[Image: ferrari_f70_f150_enzo_successor_rendering_2.jpg]

McLaren P1
[Image: mclaren-p1-concept-2012-widescreen-4.jpg]

Personally I'm split. The Porsche is the least visually striking, it is very clinical and German, nothing really 'mental' about it (apart from the brake calipers off a Skoda Wink ) but it still looks lovely, if conservative. The Ferrari only has 'unofficial renders' so we don't know what that will look like yet, but it will look something like that above, based on spy shots. The McLaren looks stunning in concept orange (like all McLarens concepts are...) but I feel that it will have to really represent more than just a bigger brother to the MP4 (which shares the same engine...).

If I had to pick one, I couldn't. I'll try though!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Have to admit, the Porsche looks f*cking amazing... so I'll go with that even though super cars don't interest me
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Meh....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 01:28 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Meh....

This.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
None. An XJ220 Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
You guys....
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Porsche 918 out of those 3.
Thanks given by:
I'd get all 3 of them.

And then put an XUD9 in.

In all seriousness, I think if I ever become rich, I'll just buy supercars and put XUD9s in them...

It's a well known fact ANY car can be improved by the installation of an XUD...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 04:08 PM)Ruan Wrote: I'd get all 3 of them.

And then put an XUD9 in.

In all seriousness, I think if I ever become rich, I'll just buy supercars and put XUD9s in them...

Or you could design and build a straight six twin turbo XUD?
Thanks given by:
lol
(20-02-2013, 04:35 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(20-02-2013, 04:08 PM)Ruan Wrote: I'd get all 3 of them.

And then put an XUD9 in.

Or you could design and build a straight six twin turbo XUD?

or, weld two blocks together in a v shape, and make a v8 xud Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Quote:It's a well known fact ANY car can be improved by the installation of an XUD...

Big Grin Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Someone give rickye two XUD9s, i want to see this. Big Grin

Personally, i'd go for the Bristol fighter T.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 09:30 PM)Poodle Wrote: Someone give rickye two XUD9s, i want to see this. Big Grin

Personally, i'd go for the Bristol fighter T.

Drove a Brigand once, very odd car but really nice in a strange and very British way...
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 09:30 PM)Poodle Wrote: Personally, i'd go for the Bristol fighter T.

This just purely because it was basically designed by a few blokes in what is essentially a shed who were never happy with the power.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
porsche just looks like another vw beetle ....

the McLaren...thats where its at...just gorgeous!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Never really thought about it like, but maybe so... lol

Never been lucky enough to see one, let alone drive one. It doesn't help that people down my way have no taste - V8s apparently only come in A8s, M3s and Cayennes, and the closest thing to a decent off-roader is the Rav4... Dodgy
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 07:35 AM)Poodle Wrote: Never really thought about it like, but maybe so... lol

Never been lucky enough to see one, let alone drive one. It doesn't help that people down my way have no taste - V8s apparently only come in A8s, M3s and Cayennes, and the closest thing to a decent off-roader is the Rav4... Dodgy

There are a lot of yank car clubs up here so we tend to see a fair few V8s in their natural habitat, for example under the bonnet of some Cadillac land yacht lol
Thanks given by:
meh. They look far to futuristic. probably the porsche as they never sell the top end stuff in big numbers as far as im aware! D:
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Driving skills and the older generation mattbarker32 12 8,417 08-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: r3k1355
  If I was made to own a Supercar.... Ed Doe 29 9,457 13-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Last Post: C.A.R.