What to save?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to save?
Normally there are no 306s in my local scrap yard but suddenly they have 4 in and 1 more waiting to come through the gates!

I mentioned the 406 coupe in another thread so ill be getting all the BOSE sound system and the black edition trim off that. But what is really worth saving off a 306?

So far I have got a rear wiper motor, gti boot trim, phase 2 glove box, after market radio surround, water sensor and a bonnet badge. Some of those for my own needs and the gti trim and wiper motor to sell.

Cars of interest:
6 406 Estates
1 P3 HDi Moonstone
2 P2 Diablos (no engines)
1 P3 PROVENCE BLUE 306.

So far I think:
Electric mirrors
Window buttons and switches
Silver Centre Consoles
Injectors off the HDI
Crystals
Bosch pump off a phase 1 DT.
2.2 HDI Inlet Manifold
406 Trip Computers Wink

Can anyone think of anything else? Baring in mind that its not free but the prices are usually dirt cheap which makes some things worth getting!
P3 rear wiper motor?
P2 rear wiper motors?
Mirror Caps?
Interior Lights?
Thanks given by:
Rear bumper on the moonstone hdi
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
bosch pumps and injectors from any xuds!

any twin optic ph1 gti lights
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 05:06 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: bosch pumps and injectors from any xuds!

any twin optic ph1 gti lights

so normal P1 lights arent twin optic but the GTI ones are?

Also Is it worth saving the beam off the HDI? might be a good oppotunity to get one cheap and refurb it so I could put it on a GTI if and when I get one!
Thanks given by:
The s16 and xsi`s are aswell
Thanks given by:
I don't think its the lights. Iirc its the stalk that makes it twin optic?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ph3 rear wiper arm?
Thanks given by:
ph3 prov bumpers? surly they gotta be fairly rare and some one looking for them would prob pay the higher end of the price rang for them,

If you can get them cheap that is

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
The lights on phs1 are twin optic but you need the stalk aswell to make them work correctly
Thanks given by:
Is the prov blue 3 or 5 door??
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 06:45 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Is the prov blue 3 or 5 door??

its a 5 door.

[Image: IMG_20130102_102205.jpg]

okay Ill see if I can get some bits off the phase 1. I go to uni in Liverpool so I only get a chance to go to the yard every 3 weeks! Hopefully someone else wont nick all the good bits!

When trying to get the rear wiper motors out the arms wouldnt come off to the arm ended up snapping around where it bolts on to the motor spindle. Is it worth still getting the arms but with the base bit missing?
Thanks given by:
Save it all!!

Get as much as you can afford, then flog it all. Be a nice little earner for you.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 07:30 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Save it all!!

Get as much as you can afford, then flog it all. Be a nice little earner for you.

Problem is I already have a shed and garage full of various 306 bits! Ill need to build more shelves etc. I havent got the space to store doors and boot lids and Im pretty sure that when I start taking all the 306 bits out of the yard they will put up their prices! it totally depends on what guy is on the desk. One wanted £70 for a leather interior and the next day i went in and got it for £30! haha

Last time I got a P3 rear motor, gti boot trim, upper glove box, mint bonnet badge, pocket full of screws, rear wiper blade, water level sensor. He wanted £18 but took £15 Smile Seems like a good deal to me especially as i sold the rear motor for £10 6 hours later! £10 was a bargain for BearBenUK too!
Thanks given by:
rowell, see if theres some old cars in there too, me and my mate used to get what we needed, then have a walk up the top of the yard. where they used to put the old cars, many a classics we saw in. one was an old cortina and a rover P4
Thanks given by:
Is the moonstone a 5 door? If so what's drivers door like. If its mint Im interested.
I can get it of you when you make the trip back to Birmingham?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
what colour is the coupe
Thanks given by:
^^ Dark silver mate IIRC. Nearly Astor isn't it?

Auto-dimming rear view mirror?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 09:30 PM)procta Wrote: rowell, see if theres some old cars in there too, me and my mate used to get what we needed, then have a walk up the top of the yard. where they used to put the old cars, many a classics we saw in. one was an old cortina and a rover P4

Its a very small yard. Probably only about 50m square! Oldest thing in there is probably some of the trucks and cranes they use! Oldest car is probably a bright orange metro and a burnt out original range rover!

(19-02-2013, 09:36 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Is the moonstone a 5 door? If so what's drivers door like. If its mint Im interested.
I can get it of you when you make the trip back to Birmingham?

It is! Damage was on the back left! The drivers door was mint as far as i remember!

(20-02-2013, 11:30 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: what colour is the coupe

Black!

(20-02-2013, 12:20 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: ^^ Dark silver mate IIRC. Nearly Astor isn't it?

Auto-dimming rear view mirror?

Nope checked and it was just a stick on one Sad Ill be getting the BOSE 10 speaker sound system out of it and the black edition trim Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I save a private plate? Redordead89 18 4,528 18-11-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Redordead89
  Someone save this?? devils_fuel 6 1,934 17-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Last Post: 1616six
  Save me from insanity! Matt 36 10,082 18-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Jonny b