The Meatwagon: Missing, presumed..?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Meatwagon: Missing, presumed..?
good stuff, was wondering how you were getting on with this
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
All good man, everything went together surprisingly well and I was even organised and managed to put everything back where it belongs!

Can't f*cking wait to fit it but my replacement boost hose hasn't arrived. Gonna tape it up for the lolz and get on it tomorrow.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol half the battle!!

dude, it was holding, what was it, 24psi? it'll be reeeeeeeeeettttttt!!

or if you must, duct tape ftw

Thanks given by:
Yeah but if it's making 24psi with a boost leak the turbo's working way too hard for it. Remember im conscious of overspeeding the damned thing.

The duct tape is only so I can enjoy some 10mm madness while I wait for my new boost hose..
Thanks given by:
this is true, dont want to have to get turbo number four...

Thanks given by:
Not so close to FCS. I already had to fix a fuel leak in a rather overkill way lmao
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing this running the new pump, i've not seen many go the 10mm route.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'm not going for a power build, but I want enough fuel to really use the blower. Hopefully be a good compromise without the smoke of the 11mm

In getting inked today, pump fitting when I'm home Smile
Thanks given by:
Never usually like this sorta thing but LOVE this one!
Thanks given by:
Right, what a lovely weekend that was with all you ugly bastards. Truly epic banter and well worth the long drive. Only issue I had was picking up a slow puncture over the weekend so need to sort out a new tyre, borrowed a 14" pov spec steel off Jonny and even with 45mm of spacers it still doesn't fill the arch lmao

Was faultless all the way there and back engine-wise though, highly surprised as the 10mm pump I built was never really tested, only on short journeys round here, so a massive test of faith! EGT's stayed between 250-300deg on the motorway at cruising speeds with the LDA disconnected and a massive boost leak, still managed 45mpg combined for the weekend.

Came home, fixed the boost leak temporarily with a puncture repair kit and some duct tape, job jobbed. Figured I might as well reconnect the LDA, fill it with proper diesel and go for a spin, the results of which were thus:

From some very very rough timing with that video and a stopwatch, 30-60 in 3rd comes at around 5.lowsomething seconds and 30-70 is 6.highsomething seconds. Pretty happy with that, can feel it running out of puff between 60-70 though. Video was taken in the wet with epic camber so it felt a little skittish, could maybe get the times down by 0.5s or so in the dry.

Feels amazing to drive though, can hit 22psi before 2.5krpm and the 10mm pump has completely woken up the midrange. Just need to get a decent exhaust to keep EGT's down as it was hitting 700deg after a couple of long 3rd gear pulls.

Pretty happy with that though Smile Can fair shift for a tank
Thanks given by:
awesome!!!

cant hear a bloody thing with satans son singing but looks cool
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tbh i'm surprised more people don't go for 10mm, 11m is just overkill unless you're genuinely going for big power. Looks like she pulls nicely, good result!

Was great to finally meet you and the family in person btw, tank looks epic, although i never did have a proper look in the end, useless. Rolleyes However, I can safely say the pictures completely don't prepare you for the presence it has.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 06:22 AM)Poodle Wrote: Tbh i'm surprised more people don't go for 10mm, 11m is just overkill unless you're genuinely going for big power. Looks like she pulls nicely, good result!

Was great to finally meet you and the family in person btw, tank looks epic, although i never did have a proper look in the end, useless. Rolleyes However, I can safely say the pictures completely don't prepare you for the presence it has.

Cheers fella, was good to have a decent chat Smile

Not many people go for 10mm because theres a thread on here about how to go 11mm including the donor vehicle and part number required. People are too lazy/scared/unable to research anything else..
Thanks given by:
Have you got a link for we're you got the arches from mate?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Sorry just seen that post mate, they were just universal cheap ones from Ebay.

Final update coming now, here goes..

Yesterday saw the Meatwagon's final show of the year. And unfortunately, ever. If anyone wishes to discuss why and where and how feel free to PM me but i'm not going to start a big emotional farewell type thing here, just got to move on.

Sunday came along, Jonny and Sam slept in and, having supposedly planned to meet me on the way to Knockhill, they got wasted and blamed their alarm clocks while Carl drove up all on his lonesome. I jumped in with the 106Owners guys and hit the road.

Did my usual routine of park up, wash the windows and wheels, walk away from the car to avoid talking about it. Which went well, as I returned to find another trophy for "Best Modified" being thrust upon me. Had a good chat with the PFC guys while I was there, met a few guys i'd not seen in a long time, and got passenger rides in Jonny's epic race estate. No not that one, the one with cheap shitty tyres and a rusty bonnet. It was EPIC.

Didn't take many pics as I spent most of the day at the café smoking and drinking coffee, but the ones that matter...

So yeah, that's it. A shelf full of trophies from what's been a mental 12 months and the end of the road. Knew it was coming tbh, just forgot that Knockhill was pretty much the end of show season up here and i've been hinting at this for ages.

Suppose you could say i'm doing the humane thing by killing it before the undead tear it to pieces. Sort of.
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 08:34 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: *snip*

Suppose you could say i'm doing the humane thing by killing it before the undead tear it to pieces. Sort of.

lmao

Fair play mate! Shame to see it go, but you've clearly made up your mind. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If it really has to go, do a Top Gear and mount it on a plinth as a monument Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Glad I got to see it at fcs in the flesh cause I was unsure about it before,it's defiantly something special and every time you look at it you notice something else!

Never known a car get so many awards in a short amount of time.lets hope the next project is just as epic as this one!
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
End of an era dude. Best to go out on top though!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
shame I missed it, as the hill is only up the road from me, about 2 and half hrs away.
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 08:50 PM)Pete Wrote: End of an era dude. Best to go out on top though!

^^this. It's being offered to magazines for shoots and things but tbh that's not my scene. If anyone was interested they had nearly a year to get in touch, I don't wait for fame.

It'll be forgotten about in 6 months time, not too bothered tbh. Enjoyed the abuse as much as the praise but I bore quickly and i'm getting sick of having something I can't drive...
Thanks given by:
So are u gonna be staying with peugeot or going for something different?
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So I am intrigued as to what will follow this?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2013, 08:59 PM)Jimbo Wrote: So are u gonna be staying with peugeot or going for something different?

(19-08-2013, 10:24 PM)Jake Wrote: So I am intrigued as to what will follow this?

No idea yet fellas. Been wanting a change for months but managed to put up with it until Knockhill, always planned to change but nothing set in stone yet. Certainly won't be giving the Meatwagon any more attention anyway, cba even driving it at the mo.
Thanks given by:
pics with the steelies?
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
So sorry to see this go BUT.......

Dibs on the steelies.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Steelies are f*cked mate, they've taken a beating around the lips and will need painted. Might be needing them for the next project, undecided yet. But they'll be going in 6 months at the most so i'll let them go cheap when that day arrives.
Thanks given by:
what are the specs?
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
What specs?
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2013, 08:20 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Steelies are f*cked mate, they've taken a beating around the lips and will need painted. Might be needing them for the next project, undecided yet. But they'll be going in 6 months at the most so i'll let them go cheap when that day arrives.

Still dibs mate if you decide to sell. Dosh waiting for em.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by: