electronic brake force distribution??????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
electronic brake force distribution??????
hey all just wonder wtf????? Is this thier fancy name for abs? my dash lights are on for abs and handbrake/ fluid level and this electronic force yardy yarda, anyone know anything? Cheers
Thanks given by:
No its not another name for abs really, its a system that can control braking on each wheel seperately.
Thanks given by:
do you know if its only on gti's or all phase 3's.......i have a ph3 hdi. just trying to work out what the problem is, maybe the pump or something?
Thanks given by:
Not sure which ph3's it came on, best to get it plugged in to see what the exact fault is.
Thanks given by:
yeah i might have to take it to pug, i used a scanner and couldnt communicate with the abs module, but apparently this is common, but since i have this other fault i am now thinking it might the abs module and not the scanner lol
Thanks given by:
It came on all phase 3's. It was in replacement for the rear beam load compensator found on Phase 1 and 2. It is integrated with the ABS as it is only fitted to the later type ABS equipped vehicles.

Yes your phase 3 HDi will have it. You can only talk to the ABS module with Peugeot Planet or similar, find someone near you with it on here.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Wicked cheers matey, ill do that, i recon for both abs light and warnings light for the ebd system to be on, its probably the module but ill get it checked....... Cheers
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent Braking Force... C.A.R. 12 3,133 11-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Niall