Boost leak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost leak
Managed to break the T-piece that connects my boost gauge earlier, reconnected everything and hey presto I no longer have black smoke when I accelerate... Anyone else found that their boost gauge is the cause of a leak?
Thanks given by:
Errrrm.......... Yeah Confused
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Strange :/
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
I thought maybe a defective gauge, it does take a feed off the system so is leaking pressure but this should be so insignificant it shouldn't affect it I thought.
Thanks given by:
I have got a boost leak some were, and first place i went was the t piece put a different one in but still the same so my leak must be some were else was boosting 20psi im down to about 12psi now but my mpg's gone up a fair bit Smile lol

Thanks given by:
I notice mine will hit 20 psi first time i spoolthe turbo then its like it just puffs away down to 15/16. boost guage is my guess too.
Thanks given by:
Cool story bro

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
If ur running the top mount cooler try checking the d seal on the inlet manifold there common for going which will cause boost problems
Thanks given by:
Brand new d seal a few weeks before but was still puffing coal out the back, think it was the t-piece feeding the boost gauge as ive removed that and theres deffo less smoke now...
Thanks given by:
for my boost gauge leak the cause was having to use an air coupler so i made a cocoon out of epoxy putty and it's been as good as lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  boost leak ? Motatalk 3 1,143 19-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Boost leak... philpemberton94 6 2,030 13-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Last Post: toseland
  boost leak? willJspears 11 2,453 02-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Last Post: willJspears