glow plugs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
glow plugs
hi i need some advice mines a 1997 1.9d non turbo ph1 i have atleast two glow plugs down now and with this weather its hard to start i have just been given x4 brand new in the box NGK Y-924U plugs for free would these be ok for now untill i can afford some Bosch ones. i dont really want to go out in the rain to find out they wont fit after i have removed them lol. is there a cross reference guide about for them? cheers
Thanks given by:
edit!! just found this link and they will be ok
they have just been superseded by a newer part number the ones i have are the old ones
the part number is Y-924U ,
this and a few other part numbers are now superseded by Y-924J.
Y-924J 3473 Supersedes Y-902R 2237, Y-908R 4585, Y-917U 3219, Y-922R 4356, Y-923U 3380, Y-924U 4950, Y-938R 5267
http://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/cars_comm...&model=306
Thanks given by:
So long as theyre for a 306 diesel then they will be fine. No need to go for Bosch 1s. Ive just fitted bosch 1s today but the ngk that i had before lasted well over 2 years and only 1 had actually failed.
Thanks given by:
yes my last ones have lasted since febuary 2008 when i brought the car when i remove them i will see what make they was cheers
Thanks given by:
No problem, mine was running like a bag of shite but only 1 had gone...
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 05:20 PM)RJDubya Wrote: No problem, mine was running like a bag of shite but only 1 had gone...

same as mine probably how long did it take you to change all 4? three look easy its just the one behind the pump that looks hard to do?
Thanks given by:
I found the 1 behind the pump easy enough, took about an hour in the freezing cold and rain yesterday to change them. Theyre all pretty well hidden so you will need an extension and cv tool (not sure what its called but looks like a cv joint) as well as spanners.
8mm to take off the nuts, if youve not done this before try to get some spares as theyre easily lost. Think the plugs themselves are a 10mm (ive slept since yesterday) you will need this to be a long socket as you wont get to the nut with a short 1.
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 06:44 PM)RJDubya Wrote: I found the 1 behind the pump easy enough, took about an hour in the freezing cold and rain yesterday to change them. Theyre all pretty well hidden so you will need an extension and cv tool (not sure what its called but looks like a cv joint) as well as spanners.
8mm to take off the nuts, if youve not done this before try to get some spares as theyre easily lost. Think the plugs themselves are a 10mm (ive slept since yesterday) you will need this to be a long socket as you wont get to the nut with a short 1.

glow plugs are 12 mm says on the box thats good for ngk also says tightening torque i just got a swivel head 12 ratchet spanner though it might make it a bit easier as i cant find my 3/8 drive universal joint for my socket set probs leant it out never got it back.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 sets of glow plugs in 3 months???? HELP wdoyle2410 4 2,428 31-08-2018, 01:07 AM
Last Post: wdoyle2410
  Glow plugs unscrew but can't be removed EdAppleton 15 3,574 07-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: EdAppleton
  Glow Plugs or what?! timpug 7 2,436 23-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Last Post: timpug