Driver discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver discussion
I do enjoy posting driver discussions on here, its good to think about our driving and what we might do in a situation!

This was posted on another forum I look at now and again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZs_vwbHqCM

Skip to 2.00

The poster is driving the video car.

What do you guys think?
Thanks given by:
He shouldnt have got as close as he looks to have, but there was plenty of room infront of the KA for the other car to move in and even more room up ahead so no need for that much braking. And they were half way across the lane so why then wait for the KA to go past?! Pretty poor driving but if he had allowed more room especially coming up to a roundabout then it woulnt have been dangerous except to the KA.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seems like the guy that posts that is the most dangerous driver, do hate people getting so close!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Personally i think both were in the wrong there. Even if there is people in the outside lane going slowly, you dont get right up their arse and try and intimidate them. Equally, you dont break down to 25mph. It could of been the citroen driver being a twat and trying to ignore him but i wouldnt be surprised if it was because the driver of the red car was intimidated and panicked.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
He came up behind too fast and too close. Red car shouldn't have broke quite as much but I believe it was a reaction to the other getting too close aand trying to bully/intimidate.
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 04:25 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: I do enjoy posting driver discussions on here, its good to think about our driving and what we might do in a situation!

This was posted on another forum I look at now and again.

*Snip*

Skip to 2.00

The poster is driving the video car.

What do you guys think?

This is taken at the next junction from me on m1. J28 I'm sad to know this :/
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very poor driving on both parts, but not really any worse than the usual stuff you tend to see on the roads every day nowadays... The amount of people you see do stupid stuff and pull ridiculous maneuvers day in day out still amazes me.

The weird thing I find is every now and again a day will have a crazes of stuff that you usually only see now and again but instead you see lots of people doing the same thing in one day. Like you will see several people driving at night with no lights on in one night, or get cut up by w*nkers again several times in a day. I always find days like this kind of odd but I'm sure we've all noticed them Tongue
Thanks given by:
Interesting driving thoughts from the camera car driver

"It makes me laugh that everybody says you have to drive and anticipate everything and anything that 'could' happen. If we all did that we would have to drive at a complete standstill, its the only way to avoid crashing. Instead we drive to what we would 'reaonably expect' to happen around us."

" I 'reasonably expected' the Citroen to blend left as I had a feeling they wanted to go South on the M1 and we were approaching that junction."

Im with Niall and bigcheeze on this, if he hadn't stormed up behind the red car, the situation wouldnt have happened IMO
Thanks given by:
The guy filming is driving like a stereotypical BMW driver not the Citroen!

Besides we don't all drive like that... I believe they have moved to Audis! (According to the law of Clarkson)
Thanks given by:
Same again tbh, the guy filming is just as much of a muppet. It looks to me like the driver in front is a stereotypical citroen driver - less confident and not entirely concentrating on the road - and just panicked when they realised they needed to be in the left hand lane for the approaching junction.

I see people doing stupid stuff like this every time i get in the car, barely even register it any more. Just look for the warning signs and react accordingly, you can usually tell a driver's going to do something stupid even before they know it themselves.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The guy videoing is a bell end. That would provoke a reaction out of most people, and I can't stand people that do that
Thanks given by:
what a muppet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeh the video car comes up far to close. You cant just presume that the c2 will move lane properly and it doesnt. Admittedly the C2 is a nobber in not going infront of the ka!
Thanks given by:
Maybe the C2 was getting ready to move over but the actions of the other driver distracted him from doing so?
Thanks given by:
Both idiots imo.

The roundabout isn't much further up the road, if they'd have moved into the correct lane in advance of the roundabout this would never have happened. I don't understand why people jockey for position trying to overtake as many cars as possible before the manouvre.

I had one the other day in the Transit. Two lanes filtering onto the M80, the right hand lane becomes the M80's inside lane, so no having to pull into the motorway off the slip road. The left lane undercuts the inside lane of the M80 and filters in about 1/4mile further on.

I popped the van in the right hand lane, knowing in advance it would be the lane to end up in as it became a lane in itself. Most people do that, it also means if you want to overtake you can pull out into the other two lanes as soon as it merges with the motorway. The left lane is only ever really used when there's heavy traffic, or knobbers driving.

In the instance, it was a knobber driving. I saw her coming a f*cking mile off in my NS mirror, tearing up the inside of all the traffic at about 75-80mph, inside lane traffic ie vans and lorries doing 50-60mph. There was a gap of about 10 car lengths behind me, she could have pulled into the lane at any point, but instead she planted it right up at the end of the slip road trying to squeeze in between me and the van in front.

I just parked the van where it would be under normal driving, watched her slam on the brakes, and she then continued to follow me for about a mile beeping her horn and shouting at me, she even pulled along side me at the traffic lights at the turn off to hurl abuse at me.

If she'd not tried the "im in a rush and this will make all the difference" undercut, she wouldn't have pissed herself off.

There's some f*cking mental drivers out there, and some really really poor ones.

Ok, another rant. Happens all the time in the van. Approaching a roundabout near the offices, there's two lanes and, in a clockwise direction, three cut offs before you've done a full 180.

Common sense says left lane for 1st and 2nd cut offs, right lane for 3rd cut off (effectively a right turn if there was no roundabout). So why do so many people sit in the left lane and trundle all the way round the roundabout to the 3rd exit, only to be surprised when a 3T Transit announces its position on the road with a loud horn gesture?

You really have to expect the unexpected on the road, especially when you drive all day, as common sense seems to have gone out the window.

Don't get me started on the time a driver in the wrong cut me up, then brought traffic to a standstill to get out his 4x4 and make way towards the van...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2013, 12:26 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Ok, another rant. Happens all the time in the van. Approaching a roundabout near the offices, there's two lanes and, in a clockwise direction, three cut offs before you've done a full 180.

Common sense says left lane for 1st and 2nd cut offs, right lane for 3rd cut off (effectively a right turn if there was no roundabout). So why do so many people sit in the left lane and trundle all the way round the roundabout to the 3rd exit, only to be surprised when a 3T Transit announces its position on the road with a loud horn gesture?

The problem with this, most people dont follow or understand what the roundabout signs say. Used to happen when I lived in Wales, a roundabout (with a clear sign) both lanes for left into the dual carrigeway, right lane for any othe exit.

but people still insisted on using the left lane for the 2nd exit! Angry
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2013, 12:26 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Don't get me started on the time a driver in the wrong cut me up, then brought traffic to a standstill to get out his 4x4 and make way towards the van...

Get started?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Reminds me of someone trying to follow me through heavy traffic and basically forcing a Honda 4x4 up the kerb to get in behind me. The Honda driver was totally in the right, and the following car would have found it easy to see where I was going from a few cars back. Ended up with the Honda driver out of the car shouting at the guy behind me, felt like joining him TBH. Some people are knobs.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evans Top Gear Se1 Ep3 Discussion Dum-Dum 5 1,500 12-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Sambarker
  Evans Top Gear Se1 Ep2 Discussion Dum-Dum 29 4,059 09-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Last Post: r3k1355