"NYEO" Rich's RX7 FD3s

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"NYEO" Rich's RX7 FD3s
Must refrain from making comments on how the Japanese themselves are stereotypically shorter than others... Tongue Saying that you'd struggle to fit a small child in the backseats Itwasntme

Seeing as I am unable to simply drive round the corner to the chipshop without risk of flooding the engine, I thought I'd take it up the road first and get a little video for you guys Smile Please ignore the noise made by my wipers, does my head in and I really need to get some new ones! lol.

I wasn't really able to push it at all because of the rain, if I show it even the slightest bit of boost past 4000rpm in the wet with cold tyres it just jumps to the limiter and spins up... So I'm afraid this is all you get for now. Itwasntme

[Image: th_273AA70E-0440-44D5-8723-B6C0C9E73473-...e62fa6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Worst. Video. Ever.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao Not going to argue that statement because I do agree... However I'm afraid that's the best I could do spontaneously on my way to the chip shop Sleepy
Thanks given by:
The FD3S is one of my favourite cars ever.

One day I'll own one!

I have models and piles of books on the car but have yet to do any more than sit in one Sad

They're not exactly daily-driver cars and aren't very child-friendly either! Can't really go wrong with an FD3S buddy, I prefer the later-spec front bumper/splitter combo though, and I think they all need a low-level spoiler of some sort...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Wink 
(09-02-2013, 07:03 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: very tidy looking example Smile most rx-7's you see about these days are starting to get a bit tatty or end up as drift tramps

You weren't wrong...  Itwasntme

[Image: DD5A5802-4831-49A3-84B9-FE8E6D52387A_zps2szfjcwr.jpg]

[Image: B540566B-1348-4662-A2F2-75CE0FDE6577_zpsoculhw7g.jpg]

Bit out of the blue I Know but I was having a nostalgic moment reading about my old GTi-6 and came across this "build" thread too...  Saw your comment and couldn't resist haha!
Thanks given by:
Holy thread revival!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Love the blue wheels! Do you still have it? What else have you done to it since you last posted?
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2016, 05:26 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Holy thread revival!

But best thread revival ever?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2016, 08:18 PM)reese Wrote: Love the blue wheels! Do you still have it? What else have you done to it since you last posted?

Yeah I've still got it, the pictures above are how it currently stands.  

I can't think of much that hasn't been done to it to be honest except for major body mods, which incidentally are the plans for over winter.

I did a few mods such as suspension, wheels etc to tidy it up and make it my own.  Kept it as a pretty fast road car for the last 3 years. 

[Image: Rex_zps47099624.png]

Then to some peoples dismay I'm sure, this year I decided I was bored of not using it "properly" it already had a few war wounds as I'd started drifting it a little bit, so I thought f*ck it, now's the time.

[Image: E8938BB6-2BB6-4BFE-8018-155B2713D469_zps5hz98exp.jpg]

[Image: 864208DE-0C3C-47CD-BA86-8F5E09D96BCD_zpstgemxxih.jpg]

[Image: 1866F6EB-23A8-4749-970B-3027E801FBC4_zps...0&fit=clip]

I still miss my old Pug though haha!
Thanks given by:
Looks great, I do like the wheels in dark grey/black also!

Got any incar footage of any of your drift days?

What suspension mods have you done to it?
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2016, 11:32 PM)reese Wrote: Looks great, I do like the wheels in dark grey/black also!

Got any incar footage of any of your drift days?

What suspension mods have you done to it?

Suspension wise it's currently on BC Racing coilovers but I'm begining to find these a little too soft for the type of driving and track use they're undertaking.

Other than that, the knuckles have been modified to 0 Ackerman and to tighten the steering pivot, increasing the overall achievable lock.

I do plan to replace all of the bushes at some point for poly bushes, as I feel this will help to stiffen everything up.

The first clip is a very short clip from some go pro footage from my last drift day which was up at Driftland in Scotland.  The second isn't all interior footage, but it features heavily and was just a very basic edit put together on my phone from a little shakedown session at Birmingham Wheels earlier in the year.

[Image: 54A9C805-E808-49EC-ACEE-E2A028CAEE43_zps...0&fit=clip]

[Image: th_D1EBFE5C-44FD-4459-BF2B-1F4E05A0FF23_zpsl5f3gubh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Holy thread revival! and moved into correct section Smile

Always loved the look of these! What is one like to live with on a daily basis?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2016, 09:32 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Holy thread revival! and moved into correct section Smile

Always loved the look of these! What is one like to live with on a daily basis?

Haha cheers man.

It's been alright as a daily to be fair, but then saying that my commute to work isn't really a great distance.  However, I do think I'd of struggled with the fuel consumption if it was any further.

But then with this years modifications, manual rack, cage and 2-way differential etc, it's definitely more difficult to get along with as a daily lol.
Thanks given by:
Lovely car mate, glad it's still going

Don't suppose you've got a paint code for the blue on the wheels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2016, 11:14 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Lovely car mate, glad it's still going

It's a secret Wink

I jest...  It's Cerulean Blue, a Honda Jazz colour funnily enough.  Paint code is BG53M
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2016, 01:47 AM)RJGTi6 Wrote:
(24-11-2016, 11:14 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Lovely car mate, glad it's still going

It's a secret Wink

I jest...  It's Cerulean Blue, a Honda Jazz colour funnily enough.  Paint code is BG53M

Awesome it's a lovely colour mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: